Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Star Silk anything!

Ice Princess Silky

I asked you a question before I think you might have missed it but I already have a new question :ButtercupLaugh:

It was "What got you into MLP fandom?"

And the new question is:

What other fandoms are you in?

My first episode as an official member of the fandom was "Just For Sidekicks" from season 3, what was yours? 

Sorry to ask this again but my question was accidentally skipped. :twismile:

Dear Star Silk. A few question from someone, who admires You quite a lot :3 

1. What was the first potion You ever brewed? What were its properties? What was it made from and what inspired You to create it? 

2. What would be Your favourite kind of magic? 

3. Is there any potion You dream of creating but have yet to find proper way to do so?

Also to the user herself <3 

As someone, who introduced You to Star Wars I keep forgetting to ask - if You were to wield a lightsaber what colour would it have? Would You want to wield a single blade, a double bladed one or maybe use two lightsabers? 

Hug? :squee::blush:

How does it feel to be the best and loveliest pone? :please:

10 hours ago, Emerald Heart said:

Ooh! 

Hey, @Star Silk what gave you that final *nudge* to join the Forums?

Oh my gosh...
First of all, when these forums were thriving crazy relevant early on.. I was SO SHY.. everyone intimidated me. I made a few friends and then hid away.....
Now that... the fandom isn't as crazy huge as it once was.. I'm back to feed the fuel and keep the spirit going because it was thanks tot his lovely forum that I've made a few lifetime friends and even met some of them and I can't tell you how that's changed my life. It's one of the most wholesome experiences ever and I will forever cherish this site for it... Thanks for reminding me ;~;

But now I am curious about your reason c:

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Sorry to ask this again but my question was accidentally skipped. :twismile:

Hey, sorry for skipping your question, I sincerely did not see it c:

My first episode as an official member... was Episode 1, Season 1... I'm a perfectionist so I *must* do things in proper order and... oh my gosh.. it went STRAIGHT to my heart... And will forever be there as the initial start of a good chapter in my life. 

I remember noticing the subtleties like when Twilight Sparkle was simply walking past hour glass? Giant glass? And for a brief moment you can see Nightmare Moon's face reflect in an illusion from the angle. I was like "gdgrdijryzhy. they actually put effort into this sweet, innocent and wholesome show IM SOLD!!!" 

Now as an adult, I've had to be more responsible and grounded and "less fluffy" but I assure you, I apply secret things into my adult life that are inspired from the mane 6 in some way :mlp_ooh: Shhh.... that's a secret though, oki? ;)

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Lunaholic said:

I asked you a question before I think you might have missed it but I already have a new question :ButtercupLaugh:

It was "What got you into MLP fandom?"

And the new question is:

What other fandoms are you in?

Oh, my gosh! Okay so.. secretly, I've ALWAYS been so... *pauses to think of it for a moment* How do you say? ... Wholesome? Fluffy? Soft? at heart? I can't explain it.. but the world likes to act like it's "cheesy" or "stupid" so I never felt understood then... this show really hit the spot. I discovered it while on YouTube, I saw a PMV and I was like "hold up .. what is this? This looks like a show? What show is it I MUST KNOW.." so I begged the comment section until I was told and then booom -- went immediately to go check it out x33

Other fandoms? Hmm.. Well, I'm kind've like Pinkie Pie, so whenever my friends are fans of things, so long as it's wholesome and sweet -- I am totally game! I love Star Wars Disney shows, etc I can't really think of many that come to mind right now but like *quietly* Harry Potter is a big one for me too. What about you? 

• Brohoof 1

Okay nice! I'm no longer in any other fandoms. I used to be in furry fandom but I didn't feel like one of them so I left it quietly. Then I was in The Lion King fandom for a decade until our huge community died and so did the other forums I involved. But so far I've been enjoying MLP fandom just as much or even more but I still miss those old times. We were like a family!

Okay next question! What are some of your pet peeves?

6 hours ago, Sir Hugoholic said:

Dear Star Silk. A few question from someone, who admires You quite a lot :3 

1. What was the first potion You ever brewed? What were its properties? What was it made from and what inspired You to create it? 

2. What would be Your favourite kind of magic? 

3. Is there any potion You dream of creating but have yet to find proper way to do so?

Also to the user herself <3 

As someone, who introduced You to Star Wars I keep forgetting to ask - if You were to wield a lightsaber what colour would it have? Would You want to wield a single blade, a double bladed one or maybe use two lightsabers? 

Hug? :squee::blush:

How does it feel to be the best and loveliest pone? :please:

Question 1:

Oh my gosh! Such good questions... *her cutie mark glows as her curiosity to remember ignites*
Yes! My first potion -- I was not even aware was a potion. My friends were heavily into sports, my sister, also a pegasus was very sporty and reckless. She was with her friends being rough and playful so... I kind've... trotted off into a nice meadow. Where I found some daisies to hide in... it was so lovely. The stems reached upward and the white petals soothed me. Except... they weren't daisies. They were glimmering lunar petals. I took a few and put them into my saddle bag. When I went home, I decided to make them into a tea. I was thinking about how curious this world is. I love magic. I wish I had been born a unicorn to enjoy magic on such a deep level but as I added the mixtures, I was blessed with an interesting dream! That dream gave me the idea to continue gathering mystical plants and flowers to pursue my interests in potion making. I didn't call it potion making back then, simply magical tea. 

Question 2: Unicorn magic! Highly unattainable for me. My first crush was a unicorn due to his obsession with magic *she giggles* But because I am unable to achieve it, I am heavily into... what I personally call "chaos magic.." it's when you mix so many different methods and sciences in order to obtain some... result. There are charms that my friends swear by that work .. but.. it could just be a coincidence, you know?

Question 3: *Her pink cheeks become a rather rosier color* Well, yes. But it's rather private.... 
*she'd fall silent and drop her gaze* Actually... *with a surreptitious glance both ways* Come to me! I'll show you...

*taking you to her lab, you notice an immaculate room with pristine and delicate glassware. She trots over to this stand with a purple velvet cloth over it and gently pulls it off with her teeth* Here!

*You notice that the stand has what looks to be a crown or circlet with silver and golden flourishes. Above the circlet at the very center was what appeared to be a mock horn made of a very rare and valuable stone. She looked at it with fond eyes of a cherishing nature and then looks back to you to smile*

Do you see where the stones are? *underneath the mock-horn was a socket where a missing gem should have been. But around the circlet there were glowpaz, fire rubies, magical sapphires and she'd slowly breathe with pride* My ultimate potion would be to age a gem with a magical concoction that will activate this horn and maybe one day, I can live my childhood dream with my sister. *with a soft blush* We used to pretend, as fillies, on my birthday... we'd use the birthday hats and pretend to be horns. She would pretend to be an alicorn of chaos due to her... chaotic nature. *with a giggle* And me? I was the annoying filly always poking around and asking questions, so it was decided I'd be an alicorn of curiosity. *with a soft blush* it's a very silly childish dream, but it means so much to me because it shows me that anything is possible. Even if it's not quite as likely.

*To the user himself* Hi hi ;~;

Question 1 :
Yes, thank you for getting me into Star Wars, you rock so much for that. c:
My lightsaber color would be yellow, since it is my favorite color. I think it used to have negative connotations before but I believe that’s now changed since Ray seems to have a yellow one now! *squeeee*

Ideally, I would wield two light sabers. Purple and yellow but.. Am a smol, as you know, so only one would be manageable to me. Heck, even in fencing, my sword of choice is foil due to my size :blush:

Question 2: 
Y-yes... all the hugs :coco:

Question 3: Gosh... *blushes profusely* ... no u....

21 minutes ago, Tweek said:

What is the secret behind your cuteness, is it magic? 👀

If u had a choice would you become a pony and live in equestria?  🤗

Do enjoy sports or have any hobbies? 

oh my goodness -- you are tooo sweet for words ;~; 

OOC
If I had a chance, I really would. This.. show... is like looking into my own heart. It makes me sad that the real world sees it as "cheesy." Actually, when I interact with other OCs, a lot of them are "edgelords" and they tend to see Star Silk as really "naive." She's innocent, yes, but not naive, so she's happy to remind them of how "naive" they are to assume such a thing. imo, it is far harder to be kind in a dark world than to just be swallowed by whatever darkness is trying to consume your sense of hope and strength. This is why I admire the concepts of a jedi in Star Wars c:

YES!! Sports! HOBBIES... I've been neglecting mine as of late but I love activities such as ballet, fencing, sports, skateboarding -- heck yeah!! learning new skills that are challenging. I have this REALLY WEIRD desire to... (don't laugh...) learn to ride a monocycle. I know it'll be REALLY challenging but imagine learning something that cool? XD

I'd have to learn on grass cause I'm sure I will fall a lot XD

What about chu? :kirin:

22 minutes ago, Lunaholic said:

Okay nice! I'm no longer in any other fandoms. I used to be in furry fandom but I didn't feel like one of them so I left it quietly. Then I was in The Lion King fandom for a decade until our huge community died and so did the other forums I involved. But so far I've been enjoying MLP fandom just as much or even more but I still miss those old times. We were like a family!

Okay next question! What are some of your pet peeves?

Oooh my gawsh, there was a lion king fandom and I didn't even know about it?!? See? I feel I've missed out on a lot :ButtercupLaugh: 
I'm sorry it died out but at least you have the nice memories c: 

Yes, MLP is my main fandom, I'm very sentimental so I ideally only have one. But I've noticed it tends to merge with the furry fandom, etc and I don't really mind that at all. So, essokay x3

Gosh, I'm so jealous of the old times *giggles* I saw how everyone acted and it really made my shyness pique but you know that? I'm sooo happy there was a place like that somewhere and the fact that a place like that can exist on the internet even ! I'm so glad you remember it, too....

But who knows. We can still be like family. It's all about keeping the spirit and maybe others will be inspired to join c:

As for pet peeves..
I don't have many. I really love people and have this incredibly patient view of them.
The only thing I'm very less tolerant on is... hmm...
Rudeness. Or people who are dubious and try to conceal rudeness as "cool" or "just honest." To me, there's a difference between being honest and just plain trying to hurt someone. I adore honesty though and bluntness. But again, it has to be sincere with no hidden malice 
There are enough challenges in this world without the extra topping of such things. x33

What are some of your pet peeves? c:

5 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

A MLP site that I was originally on got shut down, and then I found this one!

Anywho, next question... Do you have a best friend?

Yes! I have multiple, actually. One of which is even on this forum ;~;
And then there's you. I hope one day we can be ;~;
Until then, I will wait and hope to build memories 

And yew? c:

2 minutes ago, Star Silk said:

If I had a chance, I really would. This.. show... is like looking into my own heart. It makes me sad that the real world sees it as "cheesy." Actually, when I interact with other OCs, a lot of them are "edgelords" and they tend to see Star Silk as really "naive." She's innocent, yes, but not naive, so she's happy to remind them of how "naive" they are to assume such a thing. imo, it is far harder to be kind in a dark world than to just be swallowed by whatever darkness is trying to consume your sense of hope and strength. This is why I admire the concepts of a jedi in Star Wars c:

Yeah ive seen quite alot of cringe edgelord characters x3 great answer btw. Me personally I think I would stay on earth, whilst equestria is cool idk i think it makes life more interesting when things are hard 🤗

4 minutes ago, Star Silk said:

!! Sports! HOBBIES... I've been neglecting mine as of late but I love activities such as ballet, fencing, sports, skateboarding -- heck yeah!! learning new skills that are challenging. I have this REALLY WEIRD desire to... (don't laugh...) learn to ride a monocycle. I know it'll be REALLY challenging but imagine learning sometthing that cool? ?

Fencing and skateboarding,  we got a cool dude over here 😎😁 What is fencing like and are the sword thing actually sharp?  👀

How are you at skateboarding,  do any sick tricks?  🤩 I tried skateboarding in April,  fell on my butt constantly when just trying to stand on it lmao. One bruised butt later i gave it up 😂

I read that as motorcycle first x3 is a monocycle like the things clownsvride in the circus 👀

9 minutes ago, Star Silk said:

What about chu? 

I do alot of martial arts stuff for the 4 years 😁 Im a blue belt in kickboxing and i take part in mma, muay thai and go to the gym 💪

Ive also dabbled in water related sports like wakeboarding but wadnt a massive fan lol

Cringe pic here xd

Spoiler

IMG_20210823_110224.jpg

You seem really interesting actually, didnt expect u to like all that sports stuff, not meaning that in a sexist way... Okay im digging a hole now 🕳️😂

But yeah thanks for the detailed answers, feel free to ask me anything 😁

9 minutes ago, Star Silk said:

Oooh my gawsh, there was a lion king fandom and I didn't even know about it?!? See? I feel I've missed out on a lot :ButtercupLaugh: 
I'm sorry it died out but at least you have the nice memories c: 

Yes, MLP is my main fandom, I'm very sentimental so I ideally only have one. But I've noticed it tends to merge with the furry fandom, etc and I don't really mind that at all. So, essokay x3

Gosh, I'm so jealous of the old times *giggles* I saw how everyone acted and it really made my shyness pique but you know that? I'm sooo happy there was a place like that somewhere and the fact that a place like that can exist on the internet even ! I'm so glad you remember it, too....

But who knows. We can still be like family. It's all about keeping the spirit and maybe others will be inspired to join c:

As for pet peeves..
I don't have many. I really love people and have this incredibly patient view of them.
The only thing I'm very less tolerant on is... hmm...
Rudeness. Or people who are dubious and try to conceal rudeness as "cool" or "just honest." To me, there's a difference between being honest and just plain trying to hurt someone. I adore honesty though and bluntness. But again, it has to be sincere with no hidden malice 
There are enough challenges in this world without the extra topping of such things. x33

What are some of your pet peeves? c:

What I've seen here so far it looks very much like it this forum could be my next "online home"! I hope it doesn't die off. It leaves a lot of good memories but I hate when something important part of your life comes to its final destination (sorry my English might be little broken from time to time because it's not my native language :awwthanks:)

My pet peeves are definitely those people who are rude to customer service personels. I'm a city bus driver so I'm used to it but I can't stand it when I see someone else being targeted at! That market cashier is a humanbeing too who makes mistakes :yay:

If you could become fluent in any language in 1 second, which one would you choose and why?

15 minutes ago, Tweek said:

Yeah ive seen quite alot of cringe edgelord characters x3 great answer btw. Me personally I think I would stay on earth, whilst equestria is cool idk i think it makes life more interesting when things are hard 🤗

Fencing and skateboarding,  we got a cool dude over here 😎😁 What is fencing like and are the sword thing actually sharp?  👀

How are you at skateboarding,  do any sick tricks?  🤩 I tried skateboarding in April,  fell on my butt constantly when just trying to stand on it lmao. One bruised butt later i gave it up 😂

I read that as motorcycle first x3 is a monocycle like the things clownsvride in the circus 👀

I do alot of martial arts stuff for the 4 years 😁 Im a blue belt in kickboxing and i take part in mma, muay thai and go to the gym 💪

Ive also dabbled in water related sports like wakeboarding but wadnt a massive fan lol

Cringe pic here xd

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20210823_110224.jpg

You seem really interesting actually, didnt expect u to like all that sports stuff, not meaning that in a sexist way... Okay im digging a hole now 🕳️😂

But yeah thanks for the detailed answers, feel free to ask me anything 😁

Haha *giggles at her being called a cool guy* Wow! Thank you for that. I feel 20% cooler!

Okay so for skateboarding I have 2! A really nice long board and a penny board. I LOVE to go cruising on the penny board, she is the pastel colored one and her name is Pegasus (another secret -- shhh) It's cause it's light blue with pink wheels -- it's sooo MLP XD 

I feel like I'm flying on her! 

As for trick, I can't do any on my long board cause I'm really small (5'0, how much you wanna bet you're taller than me? XD )so I use the traditional board. I'm TRYING to do the ollie, one day, I'll make it. For now, I just do a lot of cruising and muscle memory for balance, etc.

Yes, you're right, this world we live in is a lot more complex and crazy -- but!! Equestria has MAGIC! So I'm totally sold :D
Weird fact; I love magic so much I actually practice stage magic (not professionally) but just to have fun. I'm quite like my OC - she can't do magic cause she's not a unicorn but that doesn't stop her from certainly trying xD

As for fencing -- oh my gosh. If you LOVE strategy, you will love it. So, you need the proper stand. One leg in front and one leg to the side, perpendicular. You MUST wear a chest plate and a mask cause yes the swords are actually pointy but some have a little ball at the tip for protection.

You have to observe your opponent. I'm small, so my sword is foil -- it is smaller BUT FASTER! Saber is the slowest but largest, I believe. So, even though I'm agile, one strike and I could go down -- yes, glass cannon style haha 

Yes, the monocycle (I think that's what it's called) is what the clowns ride haha I told you not to laugh XD 
I just really like balance and muscle memories. It might even help with my skateboarding? Who knows XD 

Also, I'm SO BAD about quoting the forums so I might quote you again so that you're not just dealing with some giant big wall of words hitting you XD 

26 minutes ago, Tweek said:

Cringe pic here xd

Hide contents

IMG_20210823_110224.jpg

Dude, that picture is totally not cringe! You are IN THE SPIRIT and really owning it! Look at chu!! You're inspiring me to want to try something like that one day. 

20 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

Same answer as you, actually! And I consider myself very lucky to have people around me that I can love and trust.

New question...

Would you like a hug?

:rarity: Hug? Yes, please...

11 minutes ago, Lunaholic said:

What I've seen here so far it looks very much like it this forum could be my next "online home"! I hope it doesn't die off. It leaves a lot of good memories but I hate when something important part of your life comes to its final destination (sorry my English might be little broken from time to time because it's not my native language :awwthanks:)

I will certainly do my best to help with that! It's good to have a nice recharging home to get to know each other. 

My pet peeves are definitely those people who are rude to customer service personels. I'm a city bus driver so I'm used to it but I can't stand it when I see someone else being targeted at! That market cashier is a humanbeing too who makes mistakes :yay:

Yess, omg and those people have no choice but to be as polite as possible cause that's their job. Ooof, it's so cowardly to abuse that position. >:c
Couldn't agree more. 

If you could become fluent in any language in 1 second, which one would you choose and why?

If I could be fluent in any language... It would have to be Polish. Because I'm secretly in love with someone and that is his native tongue :please:

What about you? ;~; 

16 minutes ago, Star Silk said:

As for trick, I can't do any on my long board cause I'm really small (5'0, how much you wanna bet you're taller than me? XD

Im 5'3 so not much taller x3 You could probably pick me up,  if u look at the
pic i posted im kinda scrawny 😂

Are long boards the ones u lie down on and go down hills super fast? If yes you are braver than me 🙈 if you were here irl u could show me how its done tho i would probably die lmao

Fencing probably wouldnt be for me since im kinda impulsive and impatient lol but hell yeah we are both glasd cannons,  i can hit hard but cant take hits well 🤪

I can just imagine a little 5"0 clown riding about on a monocycle now x3 idk wat u look like but still sounds kinda cute and funny lmao 🤡🤡🤡

Ive given up on quoting too 😒

1 minute ago, Tweek said:

I can just imagine a little 5"0 clown riding about on a monocycle now x3 idk wat u look like but still sounds kinda cute and funny lmao 🤡🤡🤡

Haha, maybe I will post my pic in the "post a pic of yourself" section when I am feeling brave enough. Actually, I don't have the red clown nose but I will wear red eyeshadow in its honor. Then we can both have a laugh :ButtercupLaugh:

Also, heck yeah! GLASS CANNONS FTW! The key is to always be fast enough not to get caught x333

24 minutes ago, Star Silk said:

Dude, that picture is totally not cringe! You are IN THE SPIRIT and really owning it! Look at chu!! You're inspiring me to want to try something like that one day. 

Thanks 😁 it was fun tbf but a little terrifying lmao.  I got that look of i dont wanna die concentration 😂

U should give it a go for sure think u would love it, all the setbup takes a while tho and took me forever trying to squeeze into the wetsuit 🙈

10 minutes ago, Star Silk said:

Haha, maybe I will post my pic in the "post a pic of yourself" section when I am feeling brave enough. Actually, I don't have the red clown nose but I will wear red eyeshadow in its honor. Then we can both have a laugh :ButtercupLaugh:

Also, heck yeah! GLASS CANNONS FTW! The key is to always be fast enough not to get caught x333

Yeah no pressure, i like being noseyband lookin on there being nosey gone like 100 pages back so far lmao 😂

U need a red nose, red clown afro wig and big clown shoes too x3

POWA TO THE GLASS CANNONS :Cozy: