Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Video: Metal head likes MLP, what is your opinion on this sort of thing?

Paleopony

• The title was changed to Video: Metal head likes MLP, what is your opinion on this sort of thing?

Not surprised that Metal Brony 42 brohoofed this. ^_^

This is actually an old video, so I'm not certain if this guy is still an MLP fan, but the stereotype defiance is still cool. Reminds me of how I've seen wrestling fans who are also bronies. :coco:

• Brohoof 3

It actually doesn't surprise me at all. Being a metalhead isn't about being edgy and loud. It's about complex compositions flowing in a melodic harmony. Hmm.. kinda sounds like the show already. :yay:

My crush on this forums is also a metal head. So I know there's more hidden out there. :toldya:

• Brohoof 2

This is sooooo funny....

So funny that this is even news..like wtf? 

Hella metalheads in the fandom, including myself. 

"Guy listens to metal but also loves mlp?!?! So crazy to believe?!?!" 

Like no not really. As someone who listens to Chimaira or Hatebreed and then listens to Ariana Grande or Ellie Goulding, like it's not that crazy. 

Metalsheads, I have found, generally seem to be the most versatile with their music tastes/interests. Funny how metal is still seen as this crazy outsider subculture even though it's been around and in the limelight since the 70's. 

Edited by Miss
  • Brohoof 2

While I'm not sure if he's still a brony (the video's almost eight years old), folks like him and other metalheads here defy the stereotypes associated with bronydom and demonstrate how diverse this fanbase is. :D

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

I mean there’s always been a lot of us. Metalhead + Brony 

The Iconic Metal thread on here proves it.

That it does. I listened to black metal years before I watched FiM, and I still do to some degree. 

• Brohoof 1