Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Princess Pipp clip!

Dark Qiviut

13 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

This trailer is really cute, and I like how despite being a princess, she apparently wants to be more grounded (no pun intended) with the rest of Zephyr Heights.

Headcanon: Pipp Petals is G.M. Berrow's canon OC. SO...MANY...P-P-PUNS! :laugh:

• Brohoof 4

Even though I still wasn't a fan of her being a pop-star/ influencer, but I will say this, Sofia Carson did a pretty good job voicing Pipp as it felt more natural from the looks of the clip. Plus, the cute puns like 'Pipp-squeaks' did put a smile on my face. I just hope the movie fleshed her out more.

Nothing much else to say about this clip as this was very short, but we get see the Zephyr Heights ponies. So that's a plus.

Edited by JMTV99
  • Brohoof 3

While Pipp is definitely cute, the whole social media pop-star thing could get annoying very quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to get more of Pipp and all, but it does continue to raise concerns for her character.  Obviously we can't tell what her entire personality will be like from a short trailer (hopefully), but it still seems basic and one-dimensional. Hopefully the writers can still manage to make her a good character despite being a social media star (It'll be hard, but hopefully still possible). Also, seeing all those ponies on their phones was sort of a gut punch. My Little Pony was in part so great because of how different it was from our own world; almost like an escape. The whole cell phone/social media thing ruins that whole aspect.

On a more positive note, it is nice to see more of Zephyr Heights and it's inhabitants. The castle and the buildings look cool and Pipp's flying animation is smooth. Though I do have some concerns regarding G5's pegasus designs (not referring to Pipp since her wings look a bit different from the rest of the pegasi). Their wings are very strange and off putting and they seem to really stick out. The pegasi in this generation (or at least in this movie) look nothing like the well designed pegasi of G4, and it's unfortunate that they decided to change the whole wing design for seemingly no reason. My hope is that the series will somehow fix this, but who knows.

• Brohoof 5

Pipp's voice sounds amazing, and I can't wait to hear her in high voice! :love: "Pipp-Pipp Hooray" is an interesting rhyme for "Hip-hip hooray"!

Trivially speaking in her teaser video at first, royal guards of Zephyr Heights play trumpets probably as a fanfare for Pipp, which that's cool that we have musical instruments in this new generation! :D Oh! One thing that they play trumpets at first, with just one hoof holding it, they're valveless trumpets I believe, which I can hear the notes F and B-flat as open fundamental notes for the brass.

• Brohoof 2

In the opening shot we see the 2 guards with sunny and izzy with the tennis ball I think, perhaps when they arrived at the city Izzy tried to show them something with her horn and everyone freaked out? 

We also see 3 thrones, a big one and 2 smaller ones, later on we see the queen sitting on the central one and Zipp on one of the smaller ones during a performance. So far there is no mention of the siblings father, perhaps he passed away. 

I admit that I loved the puns, it was good to learn and see more of pipp for once, it was very cute. Also, one of the pegasi looks very similar to zephyr breeze :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Despite her social media star life, Pip is starting to win the spot of most attractive G5 pony :bedeyes:

Especially with that chubby belly of hers.:ticking:

Pipp is adorable so all the problems I have with this is not just a reflection on her. 
But that social media thing is disgusting, I hate it, it completely ruins MLP’s originality and limits the ability to feel like you’re in a different world and one better than our own. :( It’s already dating the darn thing! :lostit: FiM’s timelessness is getting ruined by that one small thing. They better not make that just her personality.

And oh my Celestia, those puns are terrible! 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Pipp is adorable so all the problems I have with this is not just a reflection on her. 
But that social media thing is disgusting, I hate it, it completely ruins MLP’s originality and limits the ability to feel like you’re in a different world and one better than our own. :( It’s already dating the darn thing! :lostit: FiM’s timelessness is getting ruined by that one small thing. They better not make that just her personality.

And oh my Celestia, those puns are terrible! 

How does it date it? Smart phones and social media have been around and common for like 15 years now, and aren't going away anytime soon.