Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Princess Pipp clip!

Dark Qiviut

I get the distinct impression from the scenes of device addiction by all the pegasi that one of the messages/lessons of the series (if not the movie even) will be learning to moderate time spent on social media.

Nice clip and all.

But I get some weird vibes too.

really hope she will warm up to me in the movie and be likable and have depth.

Please don't be Kim Kardashian, Pipp.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Truffles said:

I get the distinct impression from the scenes of device addiction by all the pegasi that one of the messages/lessons of the series (if not the movie even) will be learning to moderate time spent on social media.

I really hope that doesn't happen. :yuck:

• Brohoof 2

19 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

But that social media thing is disgusting, I hate it, it completely ruins MLP’s originality and limits the ability to feel like you’re in a different world and one better than our own. :(

I had the exact same feeling when I saw this clip.... I had this "disgusting" feeling, but then I remembered I had that exact feeling when I first started watching MLP (long long ago), that watching it was somehow wrong because I wasn't the right audience.
Turns out, I am using a lot of those social media emojis every day myself, and I am actually enjoying this new way of living. Maybe it won't be that bad :kindness:

19 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

FiM’s timelessness is getting ruined by that one small thing

Actually, Equestria Girls ruined FIM's timelessness. That just proves that Hasbro need a different approach to sell their toys.

The 3D however, is still the thing I can't get over. And most of you seem to actually like it, so not such a big deal :mlp_icwudt:

7 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Actually, Equestria Girls ruined FIM's timelessness. That just proves that Hasbro need a different approach to sell their toys.

Exactly why I pretend it doesn’t exist. A lot of us here do too. :mlp_smug: That and the fact that it’s bloody hideous to look at! :stressed: What’s it called again? :P

• Brohoof 3

11 minutes ago, Splashee said:

The 3D however, is still the thing I can't get over. And most of you seem to actually like it, so not such a big deal :mlp_icwudt:

I wasn't big on the 3D thing myself when I first heard it, but the animation for the movie does look really good (not prefect, I don't like how the animals look for example). However, there is a concern about how the animation for the series will look, we don't know about that yet. 

• Brohoof 2

The social media I predicted when they first showed the smartphone so far seems to be true.  The social media part does bother me but I'm hoping when the first episode comes out that wont be the case. If it is I will wait for gen 6. 

Edited by thenote23
  • Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Don't remind me. I tried my best to ignore it(or anything else happened after Season 3, with the exception of S5 imo).:yuck:

36 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Exactly why I pretend it doesn’t exist. A lot of us here do too. :mlp_smug: That and the fact that it’s bloody hideous to look at! :stressed: What’s it called again? :P

Monster High ripoffs?:P

• Brohoof 1

All I got from the constant bitching about EQG being a "Monster High rip-off" was that Monster High  itself actually wasn't that bad

Anyway on the topic, Pipp definitely feels like the character Hasbro wants to push the most. Minor spoilers below

Spoiler

I don't know how I feel about that given after reading the book she left the weakest impression of the main 5 cast

On 2021-08-26 at 8:42 PM, Truffles said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they did that, it's a pretty common lesson nowadays. I doubt it'll be as effective as Shaun of the Dead or The World's End though lol

Edited by Soundwave
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Pipp definitely feels like the character Hasbro wants to push the most.

Yeah, I can see why. Pipp is not only a princess, but she's a social media star, which is something that Hasbro want to market towards since the target demographic really like to be next YouTube/Disney Channel star. Okay, that's fair and all, but I just hope this movie at least fleshed her out more because she does have potential to be a really interesting character.

If Sunny, Hitch, Izzy, and even Zipp can get a great impression on me, why can't Pipp?

Uuuugh… I just can’t with the social media. But it IS what kids are dealing with these days.

EDIT: Oh man… I might actually respect it though if the show dares to tackle the topic of parasocial relationships and the problems around that.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1