Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] Silver School for Necromancy and Other Purities

Loud Opinion

9318040648_d71c392f0d_b.jpg.9842ad2c66fea34a3b10fb8f720685d6.jpg

"Ka! Good news I bring! Ka!"
"Nothing is lost! A pony has conquered death! You to can follow his example and nevermore fear your undoing! Ka!"
"Lose yourself in the woods and follow the raven's call! Be prepared to learn, for the unending life is a convoluted path! Ka, ka, ka!"

Crows across Equestria have preached this message for some time. Who will head their words?

In Character

RULES! (They can be broken if there is a good reason, but I'll be the one deciding what is and isn't a good reason. Be warned.)

- You are limited to a single character. Chose wisely.

- If your character leaves the RP, you can submit another one.

- Alicorn OC's can get in so long as they have a good reason. (I'll be deciding what is and what isn't a good reason, but don't be afraid to try.)

- Canon characters are allowed and welcome if you are confident that you can play them well.

- Because MLP is inconsistent with it's level of technology, I'll set the base line to be before electricity and automation. (In other words, if you want something to move, you'll have to find a living being willing to move it)

No God Modding. This goes without saying but deserves restating.

Note: When submitting a character, keep in mind that more information will give me a better idea of your character, but if you want us to learn more about your character as we go along, you can PM me all the details and I can approve you without you having to give away too much about your character to the rest of the RP. Just make sure you are descriptive when the RP starts if you decide to do this.

General Guidelines:

- Don't be afraid to end your post with investigating. I like telling explorative players what they found.

- Don't be alarmed if you see a PM from me. Usually, I'm telling you information I don't want the rest of the RP to see until later.

- Yes, it is a world with death, but try to be approachable. Apathy makes for bad storytelling.

- Don't be afraid to be a little grandiose. This premise invites a lot of ambitious ponies. I don't mind working with a subplot here or there so long as it's related to the RP.

- Have fun! This is a hobby, not a job.

Accepted Characters/(Players):

Students:

- Spiral Spell (Starforce)

- Dark Void (Kujamih)

- Thamani Muziki (Windy Breeze)

- Dr. Clue/Monsoon (Ocean Wavedream)

Teachers:

- Aquarius (abrony-mouse)

Edited by Loud Opinion
New inspiration
  • Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to Silver School for Necromancy and Other Purities

@Loud Opinion

I'll give this one a shot, sounds interesting! Here is my character. I am entirely open to discussing and modifying the details. Although some of the bottom guidelines there seem to be fragments of the previous iteration of the OP when you had the 'Upheaval' ideas here. A world of war? That seems like Upheaval to me.

As for my character, here she is. Would be interesting considering she was revived as a filly. Although it was not a complete resurrection spell, only revived the body, not the soul. A new soul spawned more or less. If you don't like this, we can iron it out.

Name: Opia

Abilities: Life Force healing. Extensive knowledge of plant species and herbs

Appearance: Opia is generally stoic with a monotone expression. Her mane twinkles with green specs, the more power she has within her magic the stronger those specs are. She is a unicorn with the build of an Earth pony. Her magic ties into the natural world, more so than a unicorn would naturally. I'd say both her thought process and the way her body is has to deal with what she is and how she came to be.

75CCD16A-9D15-4D8B-8D57-6BD65B4AF03C.png?width=676&height=676

Backstory:
Opia was created as an experiment by a scientist mare named Symacore. Symacore was a talented mage who went too far in her studies and revived a mare who recently died. Symacore wanted to see if she could bring back the dead by using non-dark magic spells. This only partially worked but due to a combination of a life spell along with the other spells, that caused the mare to revive without her soul or cutie mark. Instead, a new soul was created by the energy of the life around her. That is how Opia came to be.

In the result, Opia having some sort of social impairment where she can only be friendly around Symacore, who can stimulate the emotional part of Opia's mane by her mere presence. 

Symacore did this illegally and kept her largely a secret. Despite this, it was found out that Symacore had created Opia from a revival spell. This was highly frowned upon and treated as heresy against natural law. Symacore's presence in Vanhoover became known, but before the authority could arrest Symacore she escaped with her sole remaining friend. Symacore's real name is Green Vine. Leaving Vanhoover,  Symacore, Pine (an alias used by her friend), and Pine's 3 foals. They would settle down in Hollowshades, far away from the drama in Vanhoover and live out a quiet and secluded life on a former farm they purchased together. 

Opia lived a fairly sheltered life and was kept hidden from public view. Her fillyhood was spent on the farm with her family, the three foals were named Oak, Aspen, and Birch. Opia would consider them brothers, with Birch being the only filly of the three. Pine and Symacore would teach Opia the best they can about the world, but would mainly teach her about nature and plants. Opia quickly latched on and took an interest in herbs.

Opia got her cutie mark when she healed Birch after she was attacked by a wild animal. Coming of age, Opia would travel the land and heal any pony that needed it. She found her calling in life, using her life force magic to heal innocent ponies.

Personality: 

Opia is a healer, in all reality. Almost like Zecora but without the rhyme. She is very into plants and herbs, medicines, and wears the same monotone or disinterested look all the while. She is incapable of feeling most emotional ranges as some sort of 'disability' due to not being a normal pony like the rest. She is observant, distant and largely silent. When she speaks it is usually a one word reply or an ominous statement. Her tone is usually neutral with a rather cold undertone.

She won't be able to smile, or feel joy, or feel offended by others unless around the one who created her (Symacore). She keeps a picture of Symacore, and her family with her at all times. When around Symacore Opia is loyal, caring, and affectionate towards her mother and will do anything to keep her safe and happy. 

Opia keeps her true origins and nature a closely guided secret. Only her family knows what she truly is and as of yet she hasn't trusted anyone to tell about what she really is. She is a simple mare, who lives a largely simple life. Opia's mind is constantly in a haze, similar to being high on medicine, that thought process is what she feels almost constantly.

Its going to require a lot to break through that haze for her to express herself, if she wants / needs to. Her emotions are limited in intensity, not in scope.

Edited by Starforce
  • Brohoof 4

I'd like to try one too but I'ma give it a twist.

Name: Dark Void 

Abilities: God's Whim. Her ability changes depending on what the God of the world she resides in wants her ability to be. It may change the next day or it may change instantly, it can be good.... It can be bad... Depending on your whim @Loud Opinion

sketch-1630208131375.thumb.jpg.66eb05c436496c76dc718ed18c71bc76.jpg

Personality 

She is not easily amused. Serious. A mule.

Back story: 

Was made on a whim and discarded immediately. She was given the ability of God's Whim so whomever picks her up can have some use of her. A very handy puppet for the gods.

• Brohoof 5

Name: Thamani Muziki (Valuable Music)

Abilities: N/A

Appearance: Thamani has slender body and is no more higher than an average zebra mare. She has a music note mark.

1608039703_FadhilaTepeandThamaniMuziki2-1.thumb.jpg.2f7cc22752277909367e0e8fe782406b.jpg

Personality: Thamani is a loving mare to her siblings and friendly to strangers. She barely rhymes as she find it tough.

She has a habit of singing randomly and often hangs around in places where there are trees and flowers (Gardens, parks, etc.).

However, after the tragic death of her brother, Tepe; she become slight nervous and cautious around strangers and sometimes spend her time alone, singing. Thamani had a big tendency to have a nightmare about her brother.

Thamani has a burning hatred towards lions and hyenas; this only increased when Tepe died, promising she will avenge him and punish those who made him suffer.

Backstory:

Thamani was the second-born daughter of a zebra parent in Maresai Mara, Zebrica. She has two siblings, Tepe and Fadhila. Sometime during her life, Thamani found her passion with music and began her work as a musician to her village, earning her mark.

After Tepe was reportedly mauled by a pride of lions, Thamani fell into depression, blaming herself for not stopping him from going outside the village.

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 3

@Starforce

This is a great submission. Lots of potential specific to this event, and a rich back story. My only complaint is that I would advise against limiting your character's emotional range. Though a tempting concept, it will prove more challenging as the story progresses.

@Kujamih

Your character has potential, but, if I may be so blunt, your reputation is lacking. I'll PM you a sample RP to gage weather you are capable of playing the part I have in mind.

@Windy Breeze

A respectable submission. I find no faults, and the backstory supplies plenty of potential. I approve:).

• Brohoof 1

Name: Dr. Clue (real name) Cyan Sky (childhood name) Monsoon (undercover name)

Abilities: Can pull out a disguise when needed, but it's random, yet somehow works.

Appearance: Dr. Clue is an average light teal pegasus pony. Her real cutie mark is a magnifying glass and a bubblegum bubble. (She usually helps with royal guard duties when she isn't investigating.)

female_royal_guard_by_dragonchaser123_dc

(picture by DragonChaser123)

Personality: 

Dr. Clue is a very determined pony. When she wants something done, it will get done. She isn't the kind of pony that will take no for an answer. (Ok, maybe she did once, but we don't talk about that.)

She is very observant, often noticing things that other ponies miss.

She also has a very strong sense of reasoning and justice. When something doesn't add up or when she suspects that there is something nefarious going on, she will get to the bottom of it. She also has many tactics to get ponies to give her the information she wants.

Backstory:

As a member of the (huge) Sky Family, she came from a long line of Royal Guards. Being determined and observant from a young age, it was assumed that she would join the others in becoming a Royal Guard. That is, until she started solving mystery after mystery that has plagued the royal guard school for years. It was how she obtained her cutie mark. (She loves bubblegum and it helps her think.) However, she still finished her training in becoming a royal guard.

She stayed in the royal guard for a few years, solving some small mysteries around Canterlot when the need arose. However, during that time, Canterlot has been attacked and invaded multiple times. After some convincing, the Equestria Investigative Agency was formed, to which Dr. Clue is the only member. She has revealed and stopped several attacks on Canterlot. When she isn't investigating, she is a royal guard.

• Brohoof 4

I'd love to try this

Name: Aquarius

Hippogriff: male  

Gender: Again? Oh he's male! Nah just kidding. She's definitely female.

Reread the gender bit above :P

Abilities:  Hippogriff / Seapony transformation. Summoning ghosts

Appearance: Pink mane, dark cerulean hide, hazel eyes

On first seeing Aquarius on land, he strikes an imposing figure. His dark blue beak comes to a fine point between chiselled cheek-bones and large hazel eyes. Sleek blue wings mount powerful shoulders and grace a svelte back. His toned haunches speak of an active life on the sea as an officer in the Seaquestrian navy. 

On first seeing Aquarius in the sea, her form commands attention - cerulean scales glint under the water with a suggestion of gold to fascinate the unwary. An initial glance would suggest she is friendly, but her rounded cerulean features close with a scowl. Hazel eyes narrow at the slightest incursion on her space. Delicate blue fins crest her shoulders, which slope gracefully to a a magnificent tail. 

Personality: 

Avaricious - a desire for experience, exploratory/flexible.

Backstory:

When Aquarius was a foal she used to dance to the currents under the ocean to which she was born. She had, however, heard of different, swifter currents on the surface - something she had only distantly seen through the gloom of water. Despite the repeated, angry complaints of her parents and kin, Aquarius swam to the broken icy shores that represented the surface world to her. Her young mind was soon appraised of the Storm lord's desecration of Mt Aris. She felt devastated to think that the beauty of Mt Aris had drawn such evil and that the result that her faithful parents and glorious society had sought - was nothing in the face of the power of the Stormlord.

As Aquarius pulled his newly feathered form from the water, he gasped. He was not only surprised by his new form and gender - something that had always been latent within her sea-born self- but was also struck by his anger; this expressed itself in a furious shriek to the dark heavens.

Shortly after, he was to experience a new form of anger as he was captured handily by the Stormlord's forces.

On learning of his liberation by pony forces in distant lands, unlike his fellow captives, Aquarius wept. He had been saved by something that presumed to be more powerful and ti know more about the world than anyone he knew. 

Once Aquarius had returned to her home, she could not forget the intoxicating resentment of being saved by another, nor the feeling of embracing her masculine side.

He was soon on the surface, though not to play pageantry with the other hippogriffs - he wanted to find the source of the power that had obsessed him.

It wasn't long into pony civilization when his poor attitude landed him in conflict with the harmonious ponies of Equestria. He was cast, as is pony's wont, into a dungeon. In the dungeon he was visited by three ghosts, one of hope- which looked like an oyster shell with an oyster in its centre, one of loss - which looked like the sky at night under cloud, and one of despair - which had lightening striking behind an enormous figure. For the latter, the ghost was but a shade - the shadow staff in its hand made it clear that the beast depicted in shadow was the Storm King.

Aquarius embraced the pearl, but he and she both have always been tortured by the thought that the Storm King's power might have been theirs. When they rose from the dungeon, a song rose in their throat, but it could not be expressed until they found water.

On land, he begged  the guard-ponies to allow him to crawl to water, citing his dual nature. 

When they dove under water, Aquarius completed her song - it spoke of the history of the land she was in - spirits of seaponies answered her song. They answer its hope with murder of the guards that stood at the pool's edge - devices, she assured herself, of the Storm King's destruction. 

A crow heard the song and a swift message was sent forth.

Done, Aquarius lay on the bank and crowed another song, laced with pride and sorrow. Back on land, he lamented to the night, taloned feet touching the water, turning to finned tail at the tip.

Ghosts of the Stomking's fallen answered that song - speaking of unfulfilled promises.

Aquarius grinned, his blue beak nodding to the hatred and hope of his new host.

2 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

I'd love to try this

Name: Aquarius

Hippogriff: male  

Gender: Again? Oh he's male! Nah just kidding. She's definitely female.

Reread the gender bit above :P

Abilities:  Hippogriff / Seapony transformation. Summoning ghosts

Appearance: Pink mane, dark cerulean hide, hazel eyes

On first seeing Aquarius on land, he strikes an imposing figure. His dark blue beak comes to a fine point between chiselled cheek-bones and large hazel eyes. Sleek blue wings mount powerful shoulders and grace a svelte back. His toned haunches speak of an active life on the sea as an officer in the Seaquestrian navy. 

On first seeing Aquarius in the sea, her form commands attention - cerulean scales glint under the water with a suggestion of gold to fascinate the unwary. An initial glance would suggest she is friendly, but her rounded cerulean features close with a scowl. Hazel eyes narrow at the slightest incursion on her space. Delicate blue fins crest her shoulders, which slope gracefully to a a magnificent tail. 

Personality: 

Avaricious - a desire for experience, exploratory/flexible.

Backstory:

When Aquarius was a foal she used to dance to the currents under the ocean to which she was born. She had, however, heard of different, swifter currents on the surface - something she had only distantly seen through the gloom of water. Despite the repeated, angry complaints of her parents and kin, Aquarius swam to the broken icy shores that represented the surface world to her. Her young mind was soon appraised of the Storm lord's desecration of Mt Aris. She felt devastated to think that the beauty of Mt Aris had drawn such evil and that the result that her faithful parents and glorious society had sought - was nothing in the face of the power of the Stormlord.

As Aquarius pulled his newly feathered form from the water, he gasped. He was not only surprised by his new form and gender - something that had always been latent within her sea-born self- but was also struck by his anger; this expressed itself in a furious shriek to the dark heavens.

Shortly after, he was to experience a new form of anger as he was captured handily by the Stormlord's forces.

On learning of his liberation by pony forces in distant lands, unlike his fellow captives, Aquarius wept. He had been saved by something that presumed to be more powerful and ti know more about the world than anyone he knew. 

Once Aquarius had returned to her home, she could not forget the intoxicating resentment of being saved by another, nor the feeling of embracing her masculine side.

He was soon on the surface, though not to play pageantry with the other hippogriffs - he wanted to find the source of the power that had obsessed him.

It wasn't long into pony civilization when his poor attitude landed him in conflict with the harmonious ponies of Equestria. He was cast, as is pony's wont, into a dungeon. In the dungeon he was visited by three ghosts, one of hope- which looked like an oyster shell with an oyster in its centre, one of loss - which looked like the sky at night under cloud, and one of despair - which had lightening striking behind an enormous figure. For the latter, the ghost was but a shade - the shadow staff in its hand made it clear that the beast depicted in shadow was the Storm King.

Aquarius embraced the pearl, but he and she both have always been tortured by the thought that the Storm King's power might have been theirs. When they rose from the dungeon, a song rose in their throat, but it could not be expressed until they found water.

On land, he begged  the guard-ponies to allow him to crawl to water, citing his dual nature. 

When they dove under water, Aquarius completed her song - it spoke of the history of the land she was in - spirits of seaponies answered her song. They answer its hope with murder of the guards that stood at the pool's edge - devices, she assured herself, of the Storm King's destruction. 

A crow heard the song and a swift message was sent forth.

Done, Aquarius lay on the bank and crowed another song, laced with pride and sorrow. Back on land, he lamented to the night, taloned feet touching the water, turning to finned tail at the tip.

Ghosts of the Stomking's fallen answered that song - speaking of unfulfilled promises.

Aquarius grinned, his blue beak nodding to the hatred and hope of his new host.

Question....if in she form she got pregnant..... Then turned into a male form...........what happens to the baby?

@Kujamih you could just as well ask what would happen if she changed species? But pregnancy isn't an issue for her. Seaponies, being fish-like do not do pregnancy. Hippogriffs, being bird-like, also do not have pregnancy. 

That said, if somehow she was to find a seapony lover, then she would maintain her female form with her children and live beneath the sea. ONly once they were grown would she go onto the surface. 

If he had a lover on the surface, then he would also stay surface-side to care for them.

In either female or male forms, they are a caring parent :3 

@Loud Opinion 

As we have previously discussed, Opia wouldn't be right for this setting. For the others here I have worked another character into something that would definitely be more applicable to the setting. 

Name: Spiral Spell

Abilities and weaknesses: 

She can also consume the power of light to use it to fuel her dark arts at small amounts. Large amounts of light power will overwhelm, and even counteract her magic. Spiral can conceal herself using dark magic. Like one may think, this form of magic has made her personality a bit warped from what it was originally. 

Appearance:

Untitled.png

Backstory: 

Spiral Spell is from a long family line that descends back to one of Star Swirl's first student. The Spell family is wealthy and had connections to various parts of academia and wizardry across Equestria. Spiral Spell's parents were of a fairly respectable stature and based out of Canterlot. In her early years the young Spiral was especially interested in the great Wizards of the past and wanted to become just like them. Her childish wonder lead into academic pursuits of notable character. She attended the School for Gifted Unicorns in Canterlot but had been expelled for performing dark spells that she had stolen from the Canterlot Archives.

Not only was she expelled from the school, her family had given her a stern warning to never perform those spells again or she would no longer be considered apart of the family. Having connections elsewhere she would abandon her own family in favor of her ambition. Being kicked out of the school made her come to the conclusion that most ponies in the world are unfair, and that would lead to a further drive in her selfish nature. They just couldn't understand the promise and ability that Spiral had, they were afraid of what she was capable of and she enjoyed that. At least that is what she imagined. Feeling quite wronged by her family and those who brought her up, her ambition grew to a selfish desire to prove herself as the most powerful and most worthy of the family line.

She would leave her homeland and seek a new place of residence in the town of Hayfling at the edge of the far north amongst the purple mountains. Occasionally she would journey back to Canterlot and other locations to steal spell books for her purposes and would amass her own private library hidden within the purple mountains. 

Due to the intensity of her work, any friendships she would have had would fade away into nothing as well as her remaining connections. Her ambition hardened, her heart grew considerably more selfish - she came to the conclusion that she would right the wrongs of the world. The Silver School for Necromancy and other purities would be a stepping stone to achieve that goal, granting her the idea that she should be immortal so she could master all forms of magic and then take her rightful place upon the world and grant upon the world forbidden knowledge. 

Personality:

Spiral Spell is quite a conniving, scheming and deceitful mare. She is the type to scrape the bottom of the barrel even if its a 1% or .01% over someone else. Her intense hunger for magical knowledge, power, and control over others is what dominates her. That stems from being wronged by the power structures of the world. Spiral Spell is also charming and has good wit in social situations which stems from persuading others in the past. She isn't completely heartless and in her mind her tasks are for the benefit of the world. Spiral Spell wants to better the world with her ambitions by revealing hidden knowledge to anyone no matter who they are, nor their walks of life. She doesn't seek revenge upon her family at this point due to her goal being immortality. All those who wronged her will eventually all be dead.

Edited by Starforce

5 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

@Kujamih you could just as well ask what would happen if she changed species? But pregnancy isn't an issue for her. Seaponies, being fish-like do not do pregnancy. Hippogriffs, being bird-like, also do not have pregnancy. 

That said, if somehow she was to find a seapony lover, then she would maintain her female form with her children and live beneath the sea. ONly once they were grown would she go onto the surface. 

If he had a lover on the surface, then he would also stay surface-side to care for them.

In either female or male forms, they are a caring parent :3 

They still get pregnant birds and fishes.... I know the common sense for them is NOT to turn back to another gender to save the child BUT what happens if it DID ... Like a villain or a crazy person did that to him her...

1 minute ago, Loud Opinion said:

@Kujamih

Poke the bear at your own risk, sir.

This is interesting as it involves necromancy in a way.... Does the baby vanish with the mother as the male enters into existence? Does that mean there's actually 2 entities that share 1 existence or there are 2 existence but only one can be present in the world?  Her his existence play with the laws of life and what not..... Does it involve necromancy magic? Hmmm

Does time stop when the other does not exist?

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

@Kujamih

Umm, sorry if I unwelcomely chimed into this topic but what is this all about pregnancy?

Aquarius has a very unique gender which every transgender would dream to have.... I guess... My guess ahmm only my opinion...I could be wrong.