Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Sal's New Life

Courageous Thunder Dash

OOC: 

@Ocean Wavedream

It was a bright and sunny morning in Ponyville. Sal slowly woke up as the sun rose into the sky. He was all cuddled up in his makeshift box he made since he had no actual home. His little chalkboard was leaning against the box with some text written on it. The text said: "No home, need friends."

Plum Blossom was happily trotting to Miss. Cheerilee's class. Being a part of the Plum Family, she was an expert in all things plum related. However, as the school-age pony she was, she had an unwavering sense of curiosity about everything. While today might have started out like a normal day for Plum Blossom, there was something different. She noticed something slightly different in the middle of Ponyville Plaza.

"No home, need friends? I didn't know a box needed a home and friends..." she said to herself. Curiosity got the better of her and she wandered over to it.

"Gah! A changeling!?" she shouted, stumbling back instinctively when she saw what was inside.

@Ocean Wavedream

Sal was still curled up in his little box. As he continued to wake up, he heard hoofsteps coming. He started to wag his little tail, as he thought somepony would finally take him in. However, that sadly wasn't the case. The pony, a mare, looked inside the box and seemed to freak out at the sight of Sal. Sal squeaked and curled up a little, spooked out at the mare's reaction. 

There was a mare trotting outside. Smiling in the bright sun and watching all of the silly fillies run around and play. She was heading her way back to Elizabeth, her sister, when suddenly a scream would catch her attention. "H-huh?!" She'd look back and notice a pony was surprised by something that was in a box. She remained quiet, merely observing. She may continue on in her path. But, as was her nature, she was curious...

@Star Silk @Ocean Wavedream

Inside the box, Sal uncurled a little. He was thinking about whether he should pop his head outside of the box, but was afraid he would cause others to freak out. He let out a mew, stirring a little, causing the box to shake a little. Sal's chalkboard still leaned against the box. 

Plum Blossom had heard of changelings, and she knew that they could be quite dangerous. She heard that they were involved in an attack on Canterlot on wedding and that they could change the way they looked and acted on will. Right now, it appeared that the changeling was acting like a cat? or was it a dog? Plum Blossom couldn't tell. However, this changeling seemed different for some reason and Plum Blossom couldn't put her hoof on it.

"Hehe, you look cute," Plum Blossom giggled when the changeling meowed.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream

1 minute ago, Ocean Wavedream said:

Plum Blossom had heard of changelings, and she knew that they could be quite dangerous. She heard that they were involved in an attack on Canterlot on wedding and that they could change the way they looked and acted on will. Right now, it appeared that the changeling was acting like a cat? or was it a dog? Plum Blossom couldn't tell. However, this changeling seemed different for some reason and Plum Blossom couldn't put her hoof on it.

"Hehe, you look cute," Plum Blossom giggled when the changeling meowed.

Oh!  Star Silk would smile, realizing that the commotion was really just an innocent kitty being discovered. Her curiosity was sated and she would continue down the lovely sunny trot to her home. 

"Hehe, maybe I could do something, but I have to go to school." Suddenly, an idea flew into Plum Blossom's head. "Hey, do you want to go to school with me? My classmates would be so interested in you!" Plum exclaimed.

I wonder if the CMCs might know something about changelings that act like pets, considering they are always doing the craziest of things...

Plum Blossom gasped when she saw Sal write on the chalkboard, but then again, if Sal didn't write "No home, need friends." sign from earlier, then who did? She read what was written a second time.

Well that explains how he is able to write. I wonder why he can't speak.

"So do you want to come to school with me?" Plum Blossom asked.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream

"Oh silly me. I didn't introduce myself. I'm Plum Blossom. What about you? What's your name?" Plum Blossom asked. Some other questions were floating around in her mind but she decided to wait and ask those later when the opportunity came up. Plus, she had the feeling that if she stayed around for too long, she would be late for school.

"Sure, come along," Plum Blossom said as she to waved Sal to do so, "You know, my classmates are going to be so impressed. They are always bringing cool things to school to show off, and now I'm bring something interesting to school. Although I suppose it's actually two things now because my sister packed me a slice of plum cobbler for lunch..." Plum Blossom rambled. They were getting quite close to school now.

As Plum Blossom and Sal were about to reach the school, a unicorn wearing a cap accidentally bumped into the two of them. The colt immediately looked down and saw who he ran into.

"O-oh, sorry about that, I didn't see you there." he said before lending a hoof.

@Reality Check @Ocean Wavedream

Sal let out a little mew of fright as he curled up into a ball, his chalkboard almost concealing some of his body. His horn lit up and levitated the piece of chalk and quickly wrote "Please don't scare me like that again..." Sal slowly uncurled

"Sorry about that," Plum Blossom apologized to the unicorn they bumped into. She got up and dusted herself off. She was fine, and this had happened plenty of times before, but that didn't mean it wasn't mildly irritating when it happened.

Ugh... Every time I ramble this happens. Every time!

She then looked over to Sal to see how he was doing. She noted what Sal wrote on the chalkboard, figuring that Sal is scared easily most of the time. She turned back to the unicorn that had bumped into them.

The unicorn saw Sal curled up behind the chalkboard along with what's written on it. He felt a bit guilty for them about bumping into them now.

"I didn't... scare him too much, did I?" he said with a bit of concern in his voice

Edited by Reality Check

• 2 weeks later...

@Reality Check @Ocean Wavedream @Star Silk

Sal fully uncurled, looking up at the unicorn. He took his chalkboard and wrote "Who are you?" on it, looking into the stallion's eyes. He looked back at Plum, then back at the stallion, wondering if these two knew each other. 

@Reality Check @Ocean Wavedream

Sal erased what was on his chalkboard, and wrote "My name is Sal." He looked at the stallion and mewed at him. Mewing was the only sound that Sal could make, due to a condition he had at birth where his larynx and vocal cords didn't fully develop. 

Reality reached his hoof to Plum Blossom's as their hoofs shook together. He also noticed that Sal didn't speak a word when they met.

"I'm not surprised, I did only move here a few weeks ago." He said. "Also, about your friend, is he not able to...?"

Edited by Reality Check