Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Spoiled rich hate Blank Flank?

Scootaloo9074090

Simply put she's a haughty mare with her own higher standards and if it's not up to her standards she insults or complains about rather than accept the fact that everyone's standards are different

She was introduced as a one time episode villain, and sadly makes her hate things for no real reason. Why would she even have to care about fillies and their blank flanks in the first place? I don't know.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Splashee said:

She was introduced as a one time episode villain, and sadly makes her hate things for no real reason. Why would she even have to care about fillies and their blank flanks in the first place? I don't know.

Ever heard of the show, "Toddlers and Tiaras?" There are mothers who are easily as screwed up as Spoiled Rich, and take any form of competition involving their child to an almost "Tanya Harding" level of ridiculous.

• Brohoof 1

Her mother

My headcanon is this. Filthy and Spoiled Rich's mother helped establish a few cities in Equestria. She got married and bore two children (Filthy and Spoiled). Filthy was all about giving back to the community. Spoiled on the other hand got sucked into the trap that she was meant to be rich and people should pamper her and treat her like a queen (hence her name). Filthy and Spoiled ended up getting married (most likely arranged by their mother) and bore Diamond. Because Filthy was a business pony, all Diamond Tiara had was her mother, and that entitlement/spoiled atitude transferred to her. No matter what Spoiled Rich's mother did, she just couldn't get Spoiled out of that mindset. 

3 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Her mother

My headcanon is this. Filthy and Spoiled Rich's mother helped establish a few cities in Equestria. She got married and bore two children (Filthy and Spoiled). Filthy was all about giving back to the community. Spoiled on the other hand got sucked into the trap that she was meant to be rich and people should pamper her and treat her like a queen (hence her name). Filthy and Spoiled ended up getting married (most likely arranged by their mother) and bore Diamond. Because Filthy was a business pony, all Diamond Tiara had was her mother, and that entitlement/spoiled atitude transferred to her. No matter what Spoiled Rich's mother did, she just couldn't get Spoiled out of that mindset. 

I don't think the two of them are anywhere close to related by blood. She just took his last name 'Rich' as her own. Ponies have been shown to change names as they get married and what now. If I remember correctly, Mrs. Cake used to be Chiffon Swirl.

Edited by MidnightFire1222

• 4 weeks later...

renderTimingPixel.png

On 2021-09-01 at 5:01 PM, MidnightFire1222 said:

I don't think the two of them are anywhere close to related by blood. She just took his last name 'Rich' as her own. Ponies have been shown to change names as they get married and what now. If I remember correctly, Mrs. Cake used to be Chiffon Swirl.

My Theory about Spoiled Rich

Spoiled grew up in the high society of Manehattan (or Canterlot, or wherever). Her parents are minor nobles or moderately wealthy businessponies, so while she lived in high society, she felt felt looked down upon as being at the bottom of the upper class.

Eventually, her family connections got her set up with Filthy Rich. Filthy is a nice stallion and all, but what's important to Spoiled is that he's, well, Rich, and he lives in rustic Ponyville. She wants to live out there because surely once she's surrounded by her "inferiors," the rubes will treat her like Celestia's gift to them, and she'll finally have the respect she deserves, right?

It turns out the ponies in Ponyville are good, down-to-Earth folk who care more about who you are than what you have. They respect Filthy because he's a good stallion, a productive entrepreneur, and a pillar of the community. She's none of those things, so they don't treat her with the same respect and admiration. This absolutely infuriates her, and almost makes her feel like she was tricked into moving out there.

So now she acts the way she does to try to force respect out of the other ponies. She pushed Diamond Tiara to act in a certain way so that Spoiled can live vicariously through her.

• Brohoof 1