Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

why is Twilight sparkles afraid of ladybugs?

Scootaloo9074090

Twilight Sparkle: When I was a filly, a swarm of them got into our house. Shining Armor told me that their spots were extra eyes watching you wherever you go! So creepy!

Cause looks can be deceiving.  Ever seen those Asian Lady Beetles?  They look really similar to lady bugs, but they also bite! 

Maybe she had a bad experience with those and takes no chances on anything that looks like em?  Haha.  

13 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Lady bugs kept bringing her quesadillas when she was a filly. Now she's scared of both!

I think that it  had something to do with Twilight's meanie of a brother, Shining Armor. 

3 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Blame Shining Armor for that. Big brothers usually do that sort of thing as a joke, but some people take it seriously and that's how these unnecessary fears develop. 

so weird fear like rachibutyrophobia (Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth)  Nomophobia (Fear of being without your mobile phone) and  Plutophobia (Fear of money) 

Xanthophobia (Fear of the color yellow) and   Octophobia (Fear of the number eight) Globophobia (Fear of balloons) Phobophobia (Fear of phobias) 

( and yes these are real fear )

Edited by Scootaloo9074090

10 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Blame Shining Armor for that. Big brothers usually do that sort of thing as a joke, but some people take it seriously and that's how these unnecessary fears develop. 

When I was little, the worst thing my big brother did was to dare me to trigger a fire extinguisher. I did, in a store. Foam shot everywhere. I hardly got in trouble, but boy did he get it! Mom really yelled at him for messing with poor impressionable me!

LOL!

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-09-09 at 5:28 PM, AppleButt said:

Cause looks can be deceiving.  Ever seen those Asian Lady Beetles?  They look really similar to lady bugs, but they also bite! 

Maybe she had a bad experience with those and takes no chances on anything that looks like em?  Haha.  

Coccinellidaephobia refers to the fear of Lady bugs.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the fact that Shining caused her phobia, I like the idea that all alicorns having a silly phobia

Twilight - Ladybugs

Celestia - Chicken

Now we just need one for Luna and Cadence

(For my OC, I might chose clowns...they're creepy)

19 minutes ago, Neo_Shiron said:

(For my OC, I might chose clowns...they're creepy)

Great another clown hater! Clowns used to be funny but now thanks to the Joker and Pennywise they're now seen as nothing but monsters. And anyone who want to harm an actual innocent hard-working clown that gets no respect is no friend of mine.

And there was a few time before when Twilight had absolutely no problem with ladybugs. Near the end of It ain't easy being breeziea and the first time Twilight ended up in the Equestria Girls World there was a ladybug nearby and she didn't even react to it

15 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Great another clown hater! Clowns used to be funny but now thanks to the Joker and Pennywise they're now seen as nothing but monsters. And anyone who want to harm an actual innocent hard-working clown that gets no respect is no friend of mine.

And there was a few time before when Twilight had absolutely no problem with ladybugs. Near the end of It ain't easy being breeziea and the first time Twilight ended up in the Equestria Girls World there was a ladybug nearby and she didn't even react to it

you forgot the time right after defeating Discord the first time

and no, I don't hate them and it's not because of Joker, Pennywise or the horror clown hype a few years ago.

It's more that, with time, they kind of started to look a little creepy. Not all of course, just a few of them

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 2021-09-30 at 12:06 PM, Neo_Shiron said:

you forgot the time right after defeating Discord the first time

and no, I don't hate them and it's not because of Joker, Pennywise or the horror clown hype a few years ago.

It's more that, with time, they kind of started to look a little creepy. Not all of course, just a few of them

Paruresis is the fear of public toilets without any medical cause. 1 Paruresis is also known as urophobia, shy kidney, shy bladder, or bashful bladder syndrome (BBS). Paruresis is experienced by women and men of all ages and when severe and untreated can lead to medical complication 

and this is a Real Fear and I now lost all hope of humanity

and also this is a real fear too Nihiliphobia was a psychological condition which described a literal fear of nothingness. Symptoms included dizziness, nausea, and unspeakable dread.

fear like rachibutyrophobia (Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth)  Nomophobia (Fear of being without your mobile phone) and  Plutophobia (Fear of money) 

Xanthophobia (Fear of the color yellow) and   Octophobia (Fear of the number eight) Globophobia (Fear of balloons) Phobophobia (Fear of phobias) 

alektorophobia, fear of chickens
onomatophobia, fear of names
pogonophobia, fear of beards
nephophobia, fear of clouds
cryophobia, fear of ice or cold

Peladophobia (Fear of Bald People)

are all real fear

Edited by Scootaloo9074090

41 minutes ago, Scootaloo9074090 said:

Paruresis is the fear of public toilets without any medical cause. 1 Paruresis is also known as urophobia, shy kidney, shy bladder, or bashful bladder syndrome (BBS). Paruresis is experienced by women and men of all ages and when severe and untreated can lead to medical complication 

and this is a Real Fear and I now lost all hope of humanity

and also this is a real fear too Nihiliphobia was a psychological condition which described a literal fear of nothingness. Symptoms included dizziness, nausea, and unspeakable dread.

fear like rachibutyrophobia (Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth)  Nomophobia (Fear of being without your mobile phone) and  Plutophobia (Fear of money) 

Xanthophobia (Fear of the color yellow) and   Octophobia (Fear of the number eight) Globophobia (Fear of balloons) Phobophobia (Fear of phobias) 

alektorophobia, fear of chickens
onomatophobia, fear of names
pogonophobia, fear of beards
nephophobia, fear of clouds
cryophobia, fear of ice or cold

Peladophobia (Fear of Bald People)

are all real fear

Scoots-a-phobia is the fear when a :please:chicken blows a 25 point lead:) in the Super Bowl:mlp_icwudt:  

On 2021-10-15 at 10:52 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Sorry Scootaloo, Tom Brady:oh_golly: shot a death glare right back at you:ButtercupLaugh:  

Fear of scooters (branch of ochophobia). Scooterphobia and I found out this was  a real  fear

People who suffer from fear of scooters (branch of ochophobia). At most times are purposely avoiding coming into contact with what it is that triggers them to experience fear or anxiety in the first place. This might seem like a good quick fix but truth is as mentioned above, if not completely understood what you are experiencing might start hurting or limiting your life in the long run.

Sometines, the people suffering from Scooterphobia, which is a vehicle phobias phobia, try to avoid not only the exact objects (in this case scooters (branch of ochophobia)) or situations that trigger it but sometimes in severe cases the thought of those thing all together.

scootaloo_is_not_amused_by_lahirien_d5ypi7o-fullview.thumb.png.af444eb7ac37ace82b9a12d00195e55d.pngScootaloo: ok when did this became a fear?