Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Clip Released and the Mane Six Returning

Tom Gallagher

Another clip has come out. It’s just crazy and that’s all I’ll say! :ButtercupLaugh:

Now here’s the thing I’m most excited about. I don’t even know when or how this will come into the movie but that’s besides the point. The point is…

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.df606773d078c84e32c2c890469b2428.pngTHE MANE SIX ARE COMING BACK!!! :wub: :wub::wub: As I say, I don’t know when in the movie or series this will be and we’ve already seen them on Sunny’s shelf, cutie marks strewn about the place, but actually getting a shot with just the six of them in a very new style that looks fantastic on them is something I am so unbelievably happy to see. :adorkable: This may actually be a part of the title sequence that the storyboard was leaked for. I can’t put into words how amazing it feels to be able to see my six heroes again. The Mane Six will live forever! :pinkie:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

I saw the new clip that was released. Now I see why Sunny is typically depicted with both horns and wings in the toys. I find it interesting that fear is now an industry in pony society. For me personally this could be a bit of a metaphor for ableism where fear of having a child with a certain condition(s) has become an industry. It seems the older pink female pony has a lot to gain from pony society being afraid for her products to be sold, so she is probably an antagonist. I like how Venessa Hudgens sounds as Sunny's voice, I'm not hearing any hints of High School Musical at all in her voice which is a relief, instead I hear a pony named Sunny who wants to be like Twilight Sparkle and is pretty disastrous at making friendship speeches. Well done to the writers but I hope this is the only scene of major humiliation for Sunny in the movie otherwise I will cringe a bit.

I haven't heard anything about Mane 6 returning but that is a beautiful drawing of them and I will be excited if they are in gen 5. I think the Mane 6 will appear in flashback form in gen 5. It would be so awesome to see Mane 6 in the same 3D animation style as Sunny, that would be ADORABLE! 

• Brohoof 2

Wait is this guy that thing that was attached to the balloons in the trailer? Poor fella.

So that really points out to Phyllis being an antagonist, its still possible that she is just misguided but perhaps she tries to raise fear for personal gain.

It was nice to see hitch doing his job, as well as it implies that sunny causes trouble pretty often. Sunny was very cute in this scene, I see why she might be considered a misfit in her society though.

BTW, the reaction from the audience (especially sprout) to when sunny appears there is hilarious ^_^

• Brohoof 2

The clip was interesting, amusing to see poor Sunny be humiliated like that and needing to be saved by Hitch. As for the Mane 6 returning, note that the style they are in for that image is 2D, not 3D. That early storyboard clip already showed us the Mane 6 in a display of events from the past. Something about that style also tells me that it's actually an image from the book Sunny is reading. 

Honestly my interest in G5 was lost when I saw how modern everything is here. I'll give it a shot but I can tell I am not going to like it. I hope the mane 6 coming back is fake because that wouldn't make any sense. Can't we just let the past rest? I'm honestly tired of seeing the mane 6, it has been 10 years and they are still everywhere? I just...don't get it.

Edited by Starforce
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Starforce said:

I hope the mane 6 coming back is fake because that wouldn't make any sense. Can't we just let the past rest?

They're just appearing to set up the story at the beginning of the movie,  I highly doubt they'll ever have much of a presence outside of that. If they ever come back it's either in the form of a flashback, a crossover special, or something completely out of G5 itself.

11 minutes ago, Starforce said:

I'm honestly tired of seeing the mane 6, it has been 10 years and they are still everywhere? I just...don't get it.

Because people still like them and they still make Hasbro plenty of money to keep them around? Why else do you think they keep Optimus Prime around?

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Soundwave said:

They're just appearing to set up the story at the beginning of the movie,  I highly doubt they'll ever have much of a presence outside of that. If they ever come back it's either in the form of a flashback, a crossover special, or something completely out of G5 itself.

Because people still like them and they still make Hasbro plenty of money to keep them around? Why else do you think they keep Optimus Prime around?

Just feels dull to me when characters are milked. It is like everything has been done, which is boring. I want to like the new cast of characters but I'm just not feeling it click with me. Everything about this seems off to me, it feels corporate, and watered down for some reason. Even the message of the show itself is modern. Can't we have something where we can truly escape from every day life in? It's a modern world, just like ours, it isn't that interesting. 

• Brohoof 1

I find it quite interesting how twisted the perception of the other pony species had become over time. They mentioned twenty moons in the clip, which brings up the question: How long is twenty moons? Nice alliteration there, Phyllis. This clip explains so much.

For me, I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of the mane six returning. (Like, returning returning, not like from a book or flashback or something.) I mean, it certainly would be interesting to see them, especially in the new three dimensional style. However, it also has the potential to go horribly wrong. (Ahem, Pillars of Equestria, ahem ahem.) Plus that opens a whole can of worms about what happened to the numerous other characters seen in G4. Then, it would feel like a moshpit of G4 and G5 due to the extensive use of G4 characters.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Soundwave said:

Yeah, I was trying to wink and nudge at this without coming off as rude. It's highly likely that is just them in the form of a picture. It's ancient times they're from now, thus I could only imagine them reappearing in the likeness of force ghosts from Star Wars. 

• Brohoof 2

The pony modeling the balloon pack and flying out of the window got me, that was funny.

Wow, this goes beyond uncertainty of the other species. Earth ponies are terrified. I know we got a taste of this in the first big trailer but them using technology like this really solidifies their fear.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, The Wife of Rengoku said:

The pony modeling the balloon pack and flying out of the window got me, that was funny.

Wow, this goes beyond uncertainty of the other species. Earth ponies are terrified. I know we got a taste of this in the first big trailer but them using technology like this really solidifies their fear.

Well as long as they don't try to make it to that technology is automatically evil then I'll be fine with both the movie and the series

11 hours ago, Starforce said:

Honestly my interest in G5 was lost when I saw how modern everything is here. I'll give it a shot but I can tell I am not going to like it. I hope the mane 6 coming back is fake because that wouldn't make any sense. Can't we just let the past rest? I'm honestly tired of seeing the mane 6, it has been 10 years and they are still everywhere? I just...don't get it.

It's called a mythology gag where long running franchises make references to previous entries in the franchise. Such as how despite Skyward Sword being the first game chronologically in The Legend of Zelda timeline there's plenty of references and call forwards to other games that would happen later on in the timeline simply because there were so many Zelda games release before SS as the 16th entry in the series from character resemblances to plot points to location layouts to familiar quotes.

Same thing here with the few appearences of G4 Mane 6. They're meant to be mythology gags.

1 hour ago, Imperium said:

Is no one going to question as to how Earth Ponies managed to take over Canterlot?

It's the pegasi who took over. If the magic had failed by the time of the takeover, the wings on flightless pegasi might be just enough to give them an advantage, to say nothing of how helpless unicorns would be since they relied on magic to manipulate just about everything.

1 hour ago, Truffles said:

It's the pegasi who took over. If the magic had failed by the time of the takeover, the wings on flightless pegasi might be just enough to give them an advantage, to say nothing of how helpless unicorns would be since they relied on magic to manipulate just about everything.

Perhaps the magic having failed must've had something to do with the Tree of Harmony?

13 minutes ago, Imperium said:

Perhaps the magic having failed must've had something to do with the Tree of Harmony?

I feel the movie will be intentionally vague as to the technical reasons why magic stopped working. While the lack of a ToH could be a factor, it will likely be left to the audience to decide for themselves.

On 2021-09-18 at 6:27 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

The clip was interesting, amusing to see poor Sunny be humiliated like that and needing to be saved by Hitch. As for the Mane 6 returning, note that the style they are in for that image is 2D, not 3D. That early storyboard clip already showed us the Mane 6 in a display of events from the past. Something about that style also tells me that it's actually an image from the book Sunny is reading. 

My own thought is that somewhere they find a panting depicting ponies living in harmony.