Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I’m already a big fan of this song. I always knew Vanessa Hudgens had a fantastic voice, so she uses it to the full on this song. I think it’s brilliantly performed and the lyrics are much better than the other ones we’ve gotten so far. :wub:

How does Vanessa not age at all? :coco:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
Original video got pulled.
  • Brohoof 8

1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I’m already a big fan of this song. I always knew Vanessa Hudgens had a fantastic voice, so she uses it to the full on this song. I think it’s brilliantly performed and the lyrics are much better than the other ones we’ve gotten so far. :wub:

How does Vanessa not age at all? :coco:

this fits sunny so much ; o ;

• Brohoof 2

What another pleasant surprise! :yay:

3 hours ago, Pandora said:

this fits sunny so much ; o ;

1 hour ago, Ocean Wavedream said:

Wow, that certainly was interesting. It definitely matches Sunny's character. 

It really does, doesn't it? ^_^ Two and a half minutes of a massively catchy tune really tells the audience everything we need to know about her and what to expect of her not only here, but going forward, too.

• Brohoof 2

This song is a lot more along the lines of what I was hoping this movies' music would be. Unlike "Glowin' Up" and "It's Alright", this song's lyrics actually have meaning and relevance to the movie, rather than just being generic sounding pop-songs that happen to be attached to the movie. On the musical side of things, it's not anything mind-blowing for me, but it's okay for what it is. To me, this sounds like it will be a part of a musical number featuring Sunny somewhere near the beginning of a movie, and if the song and the visuals manage go together well, it could be a fun scene. While I wouldn't go as far as saying this is same level as some of G4's amazing songs, it is definitely the best of the G5 movie's songs I've heard so far.

• Brohoof 2

You know, I was about to listen to the song, but the video got privited.

Luckily, there's a soundtrack version of it.

Yeah, a lot of people sums up my thoughts on the song for me.

I used to think Glowin Up was gonna be main highlight of G5 movie, but man I was SO wrong (and being a complete idiot).

I love it's catchy beat, Vanessa's performance was damn near Gabriella Montez quality, and it does fit Sunny's character with her upbeat attitude.

Granted, Gonna Be My Day is not Daniel Ingram quality, but it's definitely a fun on it's own.

The song could be at the beginning of the movie seeing how Sunny getting ready to start the day.

Can't wait to see the movie coming out this Friday! Though, I can guarantee you that the song will have a lot of remixes and PMVs after the movie comes out.

Edited by JMTV99
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

I love it's catchy beat, Vanessa's performance was damn near Gabriella Montez quality, and it does fit Sunny's character with her upbeat attitude.

I was right when I said in another topic how we're going to have that upbeat High School Musical charm style to it

Aaa well I know this song is going to be added to my Spotify playlist once  the soundtrack comes out!

Sunny is definitely for sure my top favorite pony now!!

Vanessa has such a beautiful voice omg, cause I used to love High School Musical, and her voice is just as wonderful now as it was back then!

• Brohoof 1

That was a lot better than It's Alright, felt a lot less like generic party music and was very appropriate for Sunny's character. It's Alright was okay, I also like Glowin' Up, I'm just very relieved that there's going to be more variety besides just same-sounding pop tunes. 

• 1 month later...

I really like this song too. It's a great song and  it's perfect used in the movie. So soon into the movie and I'm already pulled hard to it's center by this song :)

As soon as it started I knew it was going to be my favorite. I have a kid now (been in this fandom for a decade, damn I feel old) and it’s also her favorite song. I like Fit right in as well, but the rap was a bit jarring, and I like rap.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2021-09-20 at 11:24 AM, TomDaBombMLP said:

How does Vanessa not age at all?

Hollywood magic.

Expect Hasbro to pay extra to have her in the G5 TV series.

I get a Disney High School Musical vibe here :orly:

The song was okay, I guess, but it didn't have that Daniel Ingram feeling like, you know "We got this Together"? (I searched for Together and found a G5 song instead, lol)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

Hollywood magic.

Expect Hasbro to pay extra to have her in the G5 TV series.

I get a Disney High School Musical vibe here :orly:

The song was okay, I guess, but it didn't have that Daniel Ingram feeling like, you know "We got this Together"? (I searched for Together and found a G5 song instead, lol)

she Filipina.... them age of youth last till 30 to 40. then boom! they turn into old hags like magics

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
(edited)

It is rather too heavy-headed for me.

I think it would be better if there was a part where Sunny collided into a random pony and they both get knocked down.

That random pony would get up before Sunny without helping her and call her a "pigheaded pony pusher!", who constantly tries to push her inane unity ideas into innocent ponies, and before leaving coldly.

Sunny would continue the song but in a more soulful and reflective way.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight