Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A philosophical inquiry about the afterlife

Discordian

To be honest, I fully believe in the concept of reincarnation. It just makes the most sense to me. I would elaborate, but I'm at work at the moment.

Edited by Vex3d

I was dead an infinite amount of time before I was born and I will go back there and forever be at peace along with the people who already died, the people who haven't been born yet, and most of all, the infinite amount of people who never will exist.

There can't be an infinite number of people who would exist, it's about 10^75 of people who will never exist because that is the approximate number of quantum states with in a 2m^2 area. Edited by Rainbow--Dash

I used to believe that if this petty life was so special there's gotta be something after all of this madness

But after all these years I've been through with my kind?

Posted Image

It's just silly if our short-lived stupidity will be used to judge whether we will spend the eternity in shiny coats and tons of virgins or rot in bloody mudtarts. I would love to believe after the last straw of our life, we will just drop dead, cease to exist, no more +1 start, friggin the end of the bucking game.

But yeah. There's more to see in this world other than what lies in our sight. I'll just take the wild card and goes with any kind of rules this world comes with. Whether it's gonna be hell or just plain blankness, bring it on :P

Well, being a Muslim, I've had a different view and opinion of the afterlife than my Christian friends.

We both see it differently. Now, I'm not trying to get all religious, but us Muslims believe in a Hell and a Heaven. Both of which we can end up in.

Though we do believe that if a Muslim's in Hell, eventually, even if a long time, will slowly make it to Heaven.

So yes. I do believe in an afterlife.

I believe in a lot of stuff. I like to think reincarnation is possible, but I also believe there is a place we go until we're reincarnated. I'm Christian but I have my own ideas about stuff too.

I believe that the universe does not owe you a sense of hope, so no, there is no "reason" for everything to be so hard. Life's just a bitch like that.

However, if I had to pick an afterlife that I could see as being possible, it would be the concept of reincarnation, but not the way the Buddhists or Hindus see it.

Honestly, I find the idea of an afterlife a lot scarier. I'm not talking about being judged for sins or anything, just the idea that I would live for eternity. I think it's safe to say I would get infinitely bored eventually.

Nope, death being the end is a lot more appealing to me. I won't be around to have any opinion on it either way once I experience it anyway :P

Same here bro. Also the fact the the Christian heaven is more screwed up than hell is. That's also kind of why I was afraid of Santa Claus when I was a kid.

I do kinda like the Jewish idea of an afterlife (not that I believe in it): just be a good person and whatever happens afterwards is what happens. No real description and no real punishments for stuff. Sometimes I wonder whether or not Judaism is a religion or an excuse for deists to organize.

Edited by Mr. Wobbels

I don't believe in an afterlife. In fact, I think I'd be scared if there were one. Living forever in the same place? That's just too long, especially if it only existed for one purpose, such as eternal worship of a deity/creator. I'd only like there to be an afterlife if either the afterlife were dynamic (i.e. constantly changing) or if it were only a temporary place you resided before being reincarnated.

Despite this planet and all its problems, I want to enjoy my stay here for as long as I can. After all, it's the only home I've never known.

Edited by RagingTwilight

There can't be an infinite number of people who would exist, it's about 10^75 of people who will never exist because that is the approximate number of quantum states with in a 2m^2 area.

• Brohoof 2

I see people's reasons for not wanting an afterlife.

Get confusing, yes.

But think of it as there's no such thing as bad.

It's beyond human imagination. which is where faith comes in.

I'll stop there since I'm getting too religious.

I'm not religious, but wear a phoenix necklace because I somewhat believe being revieved, but the real reason I wear the necklace is because a phoenix is my fav mythical creature. :P

Posted Image

I'm Chrisitan so I believe in Heaven and Hell but I'm still scared of dying. I mean, every human I guess can be, but I honestly tear up at just the thought. I think so deep into, you know, what will it be like? Am I here? Am I gone? Am I just going to be.. somewhere?

Again, I believe in Heaven and Hell and they say you'll go to heaven or hell with your soul but.. eh... it still makes me just edgy. I just hope when the time comes, I'll be ready... and old.

i believe in the afterlife but my reasons are a little confusing. im a christian and believe in heaven and hell but not the heaven and hell that most religions teach you

I do.

But the details are a little fuzzy,

in short I believe when we die our souls are free to do as they want.

If you are a selfish person that only loves themselves then you get to be alone with yourself forever. ("hell")

If you love someone more then yourself then you get to be with them. ("heaven")

It's more complicated then that, but I don't care much to go into the entirety of my belief here.

~

• Brohoof 2

I don't. I really really wish I did though, I just can't come to any conclusion other than we just die and that's it. To be honest I'm quite jealous of people who do think there is something more when we die.

We are going to Ponyville ofc :P But seriously... I really hope that when we die we are maybe somehow "dreaming" and that we can do whatever we want and be whereever we want to be, but to be honest I don't think anything happens, sadly :(

• Brohoof 1

I don't. I really really wish I did though, I just can't come to any conclusion other than we just die and that's it. To be honest I'm quite jealous of people who do think there is something more when we die.

But why? Believing in something does not change reality.

In other words, you are best off living for this life.

I do not. Simply due to the fact that I don't think about my own death.

It simply wouldn't be healthy if I were to be afraid of my own eventual demise, the fact that I've been awarded life to begin with is reason enough for me to live and enjoy myself! An afterlife would be interesting indeed, I hope it wouldn't be too boring, ahah!

Interesting topic indeed, had fun reading all the comments.

• Brohoof 1

But why? Believing in something does not change reality.

In other words, you are best off living for this life.

It does not change reality but it would make you feel more comfortable about the end of your life. It does not stop you from enjoying your life on earth. That's my speculation anyway, I haven't believed in an afterlife since before I was old enough to think about it.

• 3 months later...