Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid Reasons to Hate MLP.

Paleopony

I've read some reviews about the show on Google reviews that are just plain dumb and in many cases are not actual criticises of the show itself. I'll write them below. They are presented as is.

Review 1:

No Offence, But THIS SHOW WAS AWFUL!

I recommend you to not watch this as a kid, there are some adult jokes.

Why It Sucks:

1. Pinkie Pie's Voice is annoying in my opinion, it sounds like it's high pitched, she looks like she is gonna annoy people just for fun.
  2. I saw too many adult jokes that scared me.
  3. The fanbase is so cringy, and some of the Fanarts are inappropriate.
  4. The Animation is still cool though, some of the voices can be bad.
  5. It supposed to teach me about Friendship and Solving Problems. When I didn't get to make friends that much, I only have a few.
  6. I got sleepy from watching these episodes and that was it.
  7. There is a kissing scene from the Episode "A Canterlot Wedding" It was the worst adult joke ever!
  8. Season 1 is boring, I don't know why. I prefer shows that have fight scenes.

Review 2:

too much pink and purple add red blue yellow get boys in it

Review 3:

I got really really scared. It should be rated R!

Review 4:

ITS OVER! YES NO MORE BRONIES THEY ARE EXTINCT

Have you ever read reviews of MLP that you can't take seriously?

Edited by Paleopony

Those are by far the stupidest things I’ve ever seen people say about FiM. Why is having adult jokes an issue? Those people are the reason why kids movies are so bad nowadays. How is kissing an adult joke?! He says he has no friends, I can see why! :laugh:

• Brohoof 4

8 hours ago, Paleopony said:

There is a kissing scene from the Episode "A Canterlot Wedding" It was the worst adult joke ever!

Now that's just ridiculous. There's a whole lot of Disney animated movies that usually involve our main characters kissing. Kissing does not equal an adult joke. Sneaking in a sexual innuendo like Genie said in Aladdin and the King of Thieves is:

"I thought the Earth wasn't supposed to move until the honeymoon."

What makes it brilliant is that those parental bonuses, as tv tropes calls them, tend to fly over kids head so they won't be offended by it and then when they're older and can get the joke they can laugh at it

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Paleopony said:

Have you ever read reviews of MLP that you can't take seriously?

I have seen many Bronies YouTube videos in the past, blaming the older generations for being bad, except G1, because "it started it all". That's where I stopped listening to reviews. 

But seeing people hate FIM is new to me! It was usually just good stuff, even how good Pinkie Pie was in Season 1!

• Brohoof 4

Ugh, people had the right to not like the show, but those are most pettiest shit I've ever heard of.:eww:

This is why I don't like MLP reviews in general because it mostly just bitching and nitpicking rather than an actual critique.

• Brohoof 3

30 minutes ago, JMTV99 said:

Ugh, people had the right to not like the show, but those are most pettiest shit I've ever heard of.:eww:

This is why I don't like MLP reviews in general because it mostly just bitching and nitpicking rather than an actual critique.

As much as they are good MLP reviewers who have a good head on their shoulder like Dr Wolf I actually stopped watching review show because I feel their opinions muck up my own personal opinions For better or worse about something.  

And this applies to anyone who reviews stuff. For example, the majority seems to bash on the Disney Live Action remakes for the past several years, but to me, they're just simply hit or miss and I always try to find something to like about them

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

As much as they are good MLP reviewers who have a good head on their shoulder like Dr Wolf I actually stopped watching review show because I feel their opinions muck up my own personal opinions For better or worse about something.  

Yeah, Dr Wolf was pretty good. 

These are reviews from Google. Any shmuck can spew out whatever garbage they want and post it. It doesn't have to make any sense or follow any set guidelines. As long as they meet the minimum of 30 characters, they can be posted. Take them with a grain of salt.

I saw too many adult jokes that scared me.

I beg your pardon? Which adult reference made in the series would be considered frightening whatsoever?

There is a kissing scene from the Episode "A Canterlot Wedding" It was the worst adult joke ever!

…Except this wasn’t a joke. It was a kiss scene that was relevant, the two just got married.

Not only are these reasons silly but some make absolutely no sense :dash:

• Brohoof 1

I feel like the Storm King could embody this.

"You know there's something wrong with this castle. IT'S TOO CUTE"

"I'm so over the cute pony thing"

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-09-22 at 10:20 PM, The Wife of Rengoku said:

I beg your pardon? Which adult reference made in the series would be considered frightening whatsoever?

…Except this wasn’t a joke. It was a kiss scene that was relevant, the two just got married.

Not only are these reasons silly but some make absolutely no sense :dash:

I agree with you

none of these reason doesn't any sense