Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Tales of the Renegadeverse [OOC thread]

Rebel the Wolfgirl

Hey, y'all. So, I'm planning on doing an open, freeform RP set in my original superhero universe (known as the Renegadeverse), and I'm looking for players. So, before I get into the nitty-gritty of the setting itself, let me get into the (relatively few) rules here:

RULES OF THE ROLEPLAY, AS RELATED BY RIP-ROARIN' RENEGADE

1. No godmodding - "godmodding", is in short, controlling another person's character. YOU control your own characters, got it?

2. Tonally, this RP is attempting to mimic the comic books of the 1930s-60s; this means no foul language ("minced oaths" such as darn are perfectly fine, however), excessive violence, etc. If you're not sure if your posts are suitable for the roleplay, don't hesitate to ask - we're all here to have fun.

3. PLEASE no OP characters - if you're playing a superhero (which is very likely to be the case), ensure your powers are reasonable but also don't forget to be creative with them. On that note, you don't even have to play a superhero (or even human) if you don't want to. The comics of the Golden and Silver Ages had all sorts of characters ranging from superheroes and secret agents to everyday teenagers and aliens.

4. While this is a freeform RP and I don't expect a certain number of posts every day or something like that, please let people know if you can't post or don't want to RP anymore. No one likes hanging storylines.

------------------

Overall Premise for the Setting

Taking heavy inspiration from Alan Moore’s miniseries 1963 as well as his classic 22-issue run on Supreme and Gary Carlson’s Big Bang Comics, the “Renegadeverse” as it is collectively known is a throwback to the Golden and Silver Age of comics in all their fun and oftentimes cheesy (and sometimes cosmic-spanning) glory. Alien invasions from Jupiter, mad scientists, eldritch horrors of the deep, and more - if you can imagine it, it’s here. Although set in the deliberately-nebulous "present day", the United States (the primary setting of the Renegadeverse) in terms of popular culture and fashions is perpetually stuck in the 1950s-early/mid 1960s - in trope terms, this makes the setting a "retro universe" and thankfully averts all the uncomfortable social norms of the decades in question. There are seven major heroes (or antiheroes in two cases): The Infinite (think this setting's Superman), Aquaria the Wrath of Hydra (think Namor mixed with Batman and given a Cthulhu Mythos twist), Ishtar (think Thor as seen in the 1960s, with a dash of Hawkgirl and-at least appearancewise-Wonder Woman), Lettuce the Penguin (think Howard the Duck, albeit with the exact opposite temperament: happy and chill instead of angry and bitter), Eisheth (think Ghost Rider or perhaps Spawn), Infinigirl (think Supergirl, obviously), and Marvelous (think a composite of Shazam and the Flash)

The Infinite:

Spoiler

superhero_profile__the_infinite_by_renegadetheunicorn_ddloq8v-fullview.jpg

Aquaria:

Spoiler

ddlor92-a75f071c-1d3c-44b4-8c9e-e89ed9eccf54.png

Ishtar:

Spoiler

ddloqpd-099c540c-5ab4-4d99-9ab8-4bd454ed89b4.png

Lettuce:

Spoiler

ddlovab-62fae9ca-16bf-4d98-81cf-7e61bb971040.png

(Picture taken from the Club Penguin Wiki, since this is the closest approximation as to what Lettuce looks like.)

Eisheth:

Spoiler

superhero_profile__eisheth_by_renegadetheunicorn_ddlounw-250t.jpg

Infinigirl:

Spoiler

ddlqlze-08fda238-9337-46a8-9f8c-7c1c1a8a56bc.png

Marvelous:

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=315&height=406

------------

STARTING LOCATIONS

I figure that the RP's characters, whoever they are, will need a place to start; so why not have them start at, or near, the home cities of the major heroes?:

Novopolis, Ohio: home to the Infinite, alias Joe Carter (and his daughter Josie, alias Infinigirl). Founded in the early 1900s as a testament to the wonders of modern technology and progressivism, Novopolis has grown to be one of the largest cities in the USA and certainly lives up to its promises as a city of tomorrow.

Providence, Rhode Island: in contrast to the almost-utopian retrofuturism of Novopolis, Providence is a grimy and rather dark city that hasn't seemed to left the 1930s. There also a sense of dread that seems to permeate the place, almost as if you're being watched by...things...in the ocean nearby.

New York City, New York: The City That Never Sleeps and home to Ishtar, alias Marlene Babylon, who works at the Museum of Natural History.

San Francisco: Known amongst the superhero community as the "Weirdness Capital of the World", namely because of its local "primary" hero Lettuce the Penguin, who works at the K-MRX television station as host of a children's television show.

Detroit, Michigan: while not Eisheth's proper home base (that would be the village of Hilland Lake), it's in the same general area.

Philidelphia, Pennsylvania: while also not Marvelous' proper home base (that would be New Hope), the capital of the United States in the Renegadeverse is part of his general area of patrol.

------------

CHARACTER SHEET

NAME:

SUPERHERO ALIAS (if your character isn't a superhero, skip this):

SUPERPOWERS (if your character isn't a superhero, skip this)

SPECIES (if nonhuman)/ETHNICITY (if human):

APPEARANCE:

COSTUME (if superhero):

PERSONALITY:

BACKSTORY:

OTHER STUFF:

• Brohoof 1