Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP: A New Generation: Brony (MLP Forums) Reviews/Reactions/Discussion

Dark Qiviut

MLP: A New Generation (MLP G5 premiere!)  

110 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Pipp Petals *nearing tears*: "It's supposed to be my best show ever. Now it's all over." (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Hitch Trailblazer: "No, thank you. I got it." *grumbles back at his campfire* (I dislike it!)
    • Zipp Storm: *back to Sunny and Izzy* "Don't tell them you saw me." *glides away* (…meh…)
    • Sunny Starscout: *sings "Gonna Be My Day"* (I like it!)
    • Izzy Moonbow: "Hi, new friend!" (I LOVE IT! :D)
  2. 2. Following this movie, who's your favorite of the Mane 5?

• Izzy Moonbow
    • Sunny Starscout
    • Pipp Petals
    • Zipp Storm
    • Hitch Trailblazer

I finally watched the movie now and i enjoed it very much, it is currently my favorite My Little Pony Movie! :squee:

All of the main characters are likeable for me this time, there isnt a single one i disliked, the villain was also pretty cool.

The story became emotional in certain aspects and i felt the ending more satisfying than the FIM Movie.

The Animation is beautiful and i really loooking forward to watching the rest of G5 and finally being up to date.

I even enjoyed the songs Glowing Up and Its alright ( if thats the name ) very much. So yeah, overall great movie and good start for G5 in my eyes.

• The title was changed to MLP: A New Generation: Brony (MLP Forums) Reviews/Reactions/Discussion
  • 4 weeks later...
(edited)

I think it would have been better if Sunny had a more difficult life.

Argyle also didn't really believe in Ponykind Unity but still humored Sunny because she was his little girl and he never had the heart to "correct" her, not realizing what kind of effect it could have.

He would have died when Sunny was like 10, and Sunny would have grown up under Phyllis' care.

Sunny would've been even more horrified of Sprout destroying the watch tower, feeling like she was watching her brother destroy her childhood home.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

• 2 months later...
On 5/25/2022 at 6:02 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

I do empathize with some of his frustrations, especially with his critiques of Pipp and Sprout's characterizations. The two major flaws I found with the criticisms of Sunny and the message though were that Sunny seeming to care more what the ponies were rather than who was an intended character flaw and the fact that the "Racism is bad!" message was "shoved in our faces" in Friendship is Magic too. Not just in the last two seasons, as early as Season 1 with Bridle Gossip and then again in a fashion similar to the movie in Season 2 with Hearth's Warming Eve. Sunny also does endure suffering in the movie from not being liked by any pony, to losing her house, to losing her dad. The movie still shows that even if your ideals are correct, you still have to go through pain as they are challenged, so she's definitely even farther from perfect than he believes. 

Sunny has good ideals, but I hope the writers don't depict her as a Mary Sue or something related.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Spook Conundrum said:
1 hour ago, Gale Wind said:

Anypony else just not as fond of the gen 4 pony face design as the gen 4 one?

Wut

Think they were meaning to draw comparison between Gen 4 and Gen 5. I thought Gen 5's face design didn't fit Twilight Sparkle all that well. Think she ought to have been rendered as though Gen 4 Twilight, personally. But I like the aesthetic for the current ponies though.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, flutterJackdash said:

Think they were meaning to draw comparison between Gen 4 and Gen 5. I thought Gen 5's face design didn't fit Twilight Sparkle all that well. Think she ought to have been rendered as though Gen 4 Twilight, personally. But I like the aesthetic for the current ponies though.

Yeah that’s what I was tryin for. Sorry.