Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reality's Art Gallery

Reality Check

OK, so I'm gonna be posting art here every now and then, though most drawings are likely going to be about my OC as it's kinda what I'm best at, but I digress.

This is just something I wanted to do for fun. I wanted to try drawing my OC in a species other than a unicorn and I decided on a kirin, so I drew Reality as a one.

(P.S. I was actually hesitant to post this at first, but my parents convinced me to share this anyways, so... yeah)

Spoiler

Kirin_Reality_Check.thumb.png.5ce0809f6d89354aaea7858fd6fe1d97.png

Edited by Reality Check
  • Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to My Art Gallery

Nightmare Night / Halloween is around and I wanted to make a Halloween costume for my OC to commemorate

So I went with a character I liked from a show I liked. In this case, Mysterion from South Park. I didn't copy everything about the costume, but I imagine this is what his costume would be like if he made one

Spoiler

NN_Costume_2021_(Redraw).thumb.png.651aa59dd39f9af96deae788fb59e123.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-09-24 at 5:03 PM, Reality Check said:

OK, so I'm gonna be posting art here every now and then, though most drawings are likely going to be about my OC as it's kinda what I'm best at, but I digress.

This is just something I wanted to do for fun. I wanted to try drawing my OC in a species other than a unicorn and I decided on a kirin, so I drew Reality as a one.

(P.S. I was actually hesitant to post this at first, but my parents convinced me to share this anyways, so... yeah)

Hide contents

Kirin_Reality_Check.thumb.png.5ce0809f6d89354aaea7858fd6fe1d97.png

I know what you are talking about, I also had hesitation to post my art attempts at first :>

I think you're art is awesome. Please continue and share it :> I'm looking forward to see it :>

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
21 hours ago, Astral Soul said:

I know what you are talking about, I also had hesitation to post my art attempts at first :>

I think you're art is awesome. Please continue and share it :> I'm looking forward to see it :>

Good to know that I'm not alone on that. Also, I'm glad to hear that you enjoy my artwork and don't worry, I don't plan to stop posting artwork here. Though I likely won't be posting often, maybe once every few months

(Just to let you know, I'm most likely going to post artwork here during holidays, like Christmas and Halloween)

Edited by Reality Check
  • Brohoof 2

Figured I may as well post this, better than leaving in on shelf for who know how long.

So I had an idea to try and make my OC, Reality Check, into different species, this changeling design being one of them. The reason for that is about the same as for when I drew him as a kirin, just for fun.

I planned to do other species as well, so yeah, might wanna expect that sooner or later.

Spoiler

Reformed_Changeling_Reality_Check.thumb.png.cf411090b8037a88f909d9b2e6a5eeec.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda had this idea one day that Reality is able to pull out and do animation with his own drawings with his cutie mark being a drawing tablet.

The main reason why I thought about this was because I figured since I set my OC in G4, a time where drawing tablets are likely not a thing yet, so it wouldn't really make sense. So I wanted to give his cutie mark a bit more meaning other than just digital art.

(I have no experience in drawing birds, so I looked up some references of birds that in MLP FiM, just wanna clear that out)

Spoiler

Animate.thumb.png.9c1090c425a7f62ffc9735b5466980c0.png

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

So... yeah, this was a little something I wanted to do to celebrate Christmas this year.

I'll admit, I was on a bit of a funk about what I could do with the costume for this one. I just thought of what my OC could wear as for the holidays, maybe a bit about what he wears during the winter as well, so I just thought about having him wear a santa hat and a scarf. It's a bit simple, but it was kinda the best I could think of.

Spoiler

HWE_Costume_2021.thumb.png.fcac2d07b13457608834516f40a9721e.png

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Reality's Art Gallery
(edited)

A little something I wanted to for a while now

I wanted to try my hand at drawing pokemon. I figured I'd start out with Turtwig, mostly 'cause he's my favorite starter. Who knows? Maybe I might trying drawing other pokemon as well for fun.

Spoiler

573041870_Pokemon_X_MLP2.thumb.png.f78097f9cb0407757f278b703e080ca5.png

(Edit: I didn't realize that I got Turtwig's eyes' wrong until I took a closer look, so I went ahead and fixed it)

Edited by Reality Check
  • Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

I got bored and ambitious, that's all I'll say

I kinda got the idea to feature an artwork of my OCs in my 'about me' page. (Which I'm planning on filling out) I just finished one for Reality, so I'm gonna go do Dusky next

Spoiler

OC_Art.thumb.png.58d27408e8372cf3c63d588b0ac38915.png

• Brohoof 2

Welp, time to bring back an old OC of mine. Mostly 'cause I said I would

So yeah, I made one for Dusky Wings. I think it's been maybe over a year since I last did something about him. P.S. I think the hardest part for me is finding a way to show his talent and magic

Spoiler

1438716824_OC_Art2.thumb.png.a0a5cfc325bf3edda6443753ce2c16e2.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Aight, time to put the new OC I adopted to good use

This was one I wanted to make as soon as I got her. And I think went pretty well. I think I might also think about her character a bit in the future. P.S. This is the first time I've used a background by someone else

(Background by 90Sigma: https://www.deviantart.com/90sigma/art/Background-Everfree-Forest-Clearing-450655666)

Spoiler

Untitled_Artwork.thumb.png.6b24a205a88a90d962839d0245c4846a.png

Edited by Reality Check
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Figured I'd expand on Reality's ability a bit more, so I made this

Also, BOY was the roc hard to sketch out at first, especially how I had to draw a small one from scratch. As for why, that's because I thought if he spawn a large one, it'd look like that size doesn't matter in that case. Plus it saves me the trouble of having to a size comparison between the two

Spoiler

1754147432_Ride_The_Roc2.thumb.png.1f805cc9c2392b3a92d54344d82de4e5.png

Edited by Reality Check
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Finally! Finished the character art for my new OC. Man was it harder than I thought

I figured that since Phantom Skies is a bat pony, why not draw her hanging upside down on a tree just like Flutterbat? (Which honestly was a bit more of a challenge than I thought. Both drawing the tree and her upside down) Also, I decided to have her eyes glow yellow when she's using night vision

Spoiler

OC_Art.thumb.png.64deed7f369d76903d3eec072e816644.png

(Edit: I kinda realised that I might've accidentally made her look a little more menacing than I thought. That wasn't intentional, I swear)

Edited by Reality Check

I got the idea to change my avatar, so I made this. (That and I got a bit bored)

I wanted to feature my OC in some way in my avatar, which is kinda the main reason why I wanted the redesign the whole thing. I'm still a bit insecure about the whole thing, so I'm gonna leave this on and see how it goes from there. Who knows, I might switch back the the cutie mark and cap avatar I had before.

(If it looks a bit blurry, that's because I had to decrease the size before I can use it as an avatar.)

Spoiler

881676336_Untitled_Artwork2.jpg.9b6eaf3049dc5c47173cc3f7b65cfa6d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thunderlane and Rumble flying, 'cause why not?

Anyways, I wanted to step away from just making art of my own OCs and try my hand on canon characters. So I chose these two first, can't exactly guarantee that I'd do it again though. Also, I tried to make a background of the sky for this art piece, but it ended up looking like a kid's drawing, so I excluded it

Spoiler

1618770721_Thunderlane__Rumble.thumb.png.cfe67f6a1f48c385bb45da408258f9c8.png

Boy had I not been here as much as I used to... Now for where I've been these past few days...

About a week ago, I joined a place called the rift cafe, a place where brony content creators, such as analysts and artists get together in an inter-stellar cafe. I knew about this place for a while and decided to join the server when I saw their latest video. I got there without any problems. Reality however... let's just say he came in with several marks and bruises and possibly a coma

Spoiler

Thrown_In_The_Rift.thumb.png.2ec37fefdf287d2fbaf164a5deed910d.png

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I'll just come out and say it, I'm a yu-gi-oh duelist

For those who don't know, yu-gi-oh, or duel monsters, is a children's card game by Konami where people duel against one another with monsters, spells, and traps. It was an interest I picked up from being part of the rift and played with others, and boy did I have a fun time duelling others

Spoiler

828850109_RC__Galaxy-Eyes_Cloudragon_2.thumb.png.a4c5433d31887063be56d83f07ff4753.png

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...