Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My concerns for the writers of G5

Plonkett

I found this on 4chan the other day.

DsTeE6x.png

If this is true, then this is a huge problem for G5. The fact that it's being written by people that never even watched the original show tells me that there's going to be all kinds of continuity inconsistencies.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know where they got this info from Imalou from, but given it's /mlp/ I wouldn't count on this as accurate

The movie was co-written by GM Berrow(who also did screenplay for the movie), who's been with G4 through books since S4 at the earliest(with her first episode in S5)

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

Gillian M. Berrow knows about G4 and Equestria Girls, has been in Bronies React (I think it was the reaction of the MLP The Movie?), and knows about us Bronies :yay:

So, no problems with the writers. This is probably most likely a time constraint in the movie itself, than the writers' knowledge. You can only fit so much in the time frame of the movie. 9 seasons of G4 is a little too much to recap :oneheckofahat:

Spoiler

Also, 4chan is a little sketchy of a source :rarityhat:

• Brohoof 2

Assuming that the writers of G5 have not watched G4, continuity inconsistencies and errors hardly affect my enjoyment of shows and the entertainment I get from watching them, so I'm not worried in the slightest. However, such errors and inconsistencies are unavoidable when you bind two generations together in the same universe, so even if the writers of G5 have not watched G4, there is a high probability of the occurrence of numerous continuity errors.

• Brohoof 3

If you care about "continuity" in a show about cartoon horses, I don't know what to tell you. MLP exists to be cute and funny and sell toys.

It's not deep, there's no real over-arching story, nothing much really carries over from one episode to the next, even in FiM. If anything doesn't matter, it is "continuity".

Also, 4chan. Take anything and everything they say with a mountain of salt. I find it very hard to believe all the references and callbacks in the movie came from people who didn't know about FiM.

Edited by FearTheBelle
  • Brohoof 2

Honestly, it doesn't matter if the G5 writers didn't watch the original show or not. All I care about for G5 is be its own thing. Plus, a handful of G4 crew like GM Berrow did return to G5, so there is nothing to worry about. Let's just calm down and wait and see what happens.

Also, take information from 4chan/Ponychan with a pinch of salt. Or better yet, don't take on what they said seriously.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Megas said:

I don't know where they got this info from Imalou from, but given it's /mlp/ I wouldn't count on this as accurate

The movie was co-written by GM Berrow(who also did screenplay for the movie), who's been with G4 through books since S4 at the earliest(with her first episode in S5)

8 hours ago, Splashee said:

Gillian M. Berrow knows about G4 and Equestria Girls, has been in Bronies React (I think it was the reaction of the MLP The Movie?), and knows about us Bronies :yay:

So, no problems with the writers. This is probably most likely a time constraint in the movie itself, than the writers' knowledge. You can only fit so much in the time frame of the movie. 9 seasons of G4 is a little too much to recap :oneheckofahat:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, 4chan is a little sketchy of a source :rarityhat:

Berrow is part of the screenplay writing team, not the story writing team, which includes Robert Cullen and a few others.

11 hours ago, vgmaster9 said:

Berrow is part of the screenplay writing team, not the story writing team, which includes Robert Cullen and a few others.

She still has a big part of the narrative. I'd imagine she was able to give plenty of input

18 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

Assuming that the writers of G5 have not watched G4, continuity inconsistencies and errors hardly affect my enjoyment of shows and the entertainment I get from watching them, so I'm not worried in the slightest. However, such errors and inconsistencies are unavoidable when you bind two generations together in the same universe, so even if the writers of G5 have not watched G4, there is a high probability of the occurrence of numerous continuity errors.

Besides, FIM isn’t free of continuing errors within the show itself, let alone supplementary materials :mlp_icwudt:. Right magical artifacts of Mage Meadowbrook :dash:?

• Brohoof 2

After watching the movie, I think the writers have proved that they indeed can tell good stories. I'm not really too concerned. I think it's in good hands.