Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What N64 and Sega Genesis games would you like to see on Nintendo Switch Online

Will Guide
Message added by Splashee,

The OP wishes this topic to be about the games coming to this new update, and not here to complain about the prices.
Please stay on topic.

1 minute ago, Kyoshi said:

If Nintendo were smart, this is exactly what they would do, but modern Nintendo is clearly not smart at all. It just feels like they are going out of there way to make everything as irritating as possible with the Switch. To me, Nintendo has 3 main options here: 1. Make the online service actually good (won't happen). 2. Bring back the Virtual Console (won't happen) or 3. Lower the price of this expansion dealio, which I am almost certain won't happen either, because the Switch era for Nintendo is an era of arrogance. 

Did you not see my warning in the opening post? I made this topic to be more optimistic to get away from the cynicism of internet. You don't have to agree with me on Nintendo's pricing decisions but please stay on topic

So we can't talk about pricing even though it's related and just have to talk nothing but praise because the OP doesn't like anyone talking bad about Nintendo. Good to know you allow stifling of discussion because certain people can't handle criticism of their favorite company. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Celli said:

So we can't talk about pricing even though it's related and just have to talk nothing but praise because the OP doesn't like anyone talking bad about Nintendo. Good to know you allow stifling of discussion because certain people can't handle criticism of their favorite company. 

I can handle a little criticism, but when it's like 90% of the people online I have to draw a line

I don't want to start an argument here but I'm just sick of so many people looking for reasons to complain about Nintendo all the time. Not just Nintendo but any form of media. I can't stand it when people try to look for the slightest excuse to criticize anyone or any business, never stopping to think why businesses have legitimate reasons to do this. For one Nintendo needs to make money to stay in business and given the fact that so much productivity was lost because of the covid-19 thing, actually not just Nintendo but everything around the world, they have to make a little more extra money than they normally ask for.

I just wanted more positivity in this part of the form. At least try to understand why I'm coming from.

• The title was changed to What N64 and Sega Genesis games would you like to see on Nintendo Switch Online

I don't appreciate having my post deleted after I typed it all out and it was still at least somewhat related to the topic either but oh well. 

1 minute ago, Celli said:

I don't appreciate having my post deleted after I typed it all out and it was still at least somewhat related to the topic either but oh well. 

What post deleted? your post is still up there

20 minutes ago, Will Gazzzze said:

What post deleted? your post is still up there

I had another one yesterday but it got deleted. 

27 minutes ago, Celli said:

@Celli

Your post is not deleted. Only hidden. It can be merged with another thread if you want to discuss pricing. It is fine to create another thread for such a discussion.

Well I did hear people's comments say that mario party 2-3 should be added, but mario party 1? not so sure since i did hear people say that you have to use the control stick for rotations on certain games like tug-of-war and pedal power which it can hurt our hands.

Other games should be added would be Diddy Kong Racing 64, Donkey Kong 64, and Banjo-Tooie.

I believe Pokemon stadium 1 and 2, and hey you pikachu are out of the question for a reason. Well for pokemon stadium 1 and 2, they use all gen 1 and 2 pokemon and moves, but you can't use gen 3-8 pokemon and the moves. for hey you pikachu, i believe a mic is needed unless the bluetooth feature we have in our switch system is suitable enough to play the game.

I wasn't too sure on jet force gemini, perfect dark 64, and goldeneye 007 though.

7 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Well I did hear people's comments say that mario party 2-3 should be added, but mario party 1? not so sure since i did hear people say that you have to use the control stick for rotations on certain games like tug-of-war and pedal power which it can hurt our hands.

Yeah. I've played Mario Party 1 and you're supposed spin the control stick with your thumb for those minigames, but people found it faster to use their palms and that's what caused damage. That's why they never released it on the virtual console and skipped straight to 2.

2 hours ago, Cash_In said:

Yeah. I've played Mario Party 1 and you're supposed spin the control stick with your thumb for those minigames, but people found it faster to use their palms and that's what caused damage. That's why they never released it on the virtual console and skipped straight to 2.

Yeah I actually did injured my hand one day with Mario party 1.

Honestly though I wish Mario Party 3 would have come to the Virtual Console back in the Wii and Wii U era. Because It was one of the last N64 games to be released and I ended up getting the GameCube later that year, I only ended up renting MP3 rather than actually buying it. It had a unique kind of mode that involves two characters running around a board trying to attack each other with a partner based on a Bowser minion. And each partner had their own abilities

10 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I believe Pokemon stadium 1 and 2, and hey you pikachu are out of the question for a reason. Well for pokemon stadium 1 and 2, they use all gen 1 and 2 pokemon and moves, but you can't use gen 3-8 pokemon and the moves. for hey you pikachu, i believe a mic is needed unless the bluetooth feature we have in our switch system is suitable enough to play the game.

Actually the main reason why Pokemon stadium wouldn't be very fulfilling as the original is because half of the features only work if you use a transfer pack attached to your N64 controller to bring the Pokemon in your Game Boy game over into Pokemon stadium. Otherwise you're stuckier than rental Pokemon that pretty much just makes the game a little dull and predictable.

Not to mention I heard that in Hey You Pikachu the original voice recognition unit used to talk to Pikachu can only recognize a child's voice; if your voice is too deep it won't read you correctly

33 minutes ago, Will Gazzzze said:

Yeah I actually did injured my hand one day with Mario party 1.

Honestly though I wish Mario Party 3 would have come to the Virtual Console back in the Wii and Wii U era. Because It was one of the last N64 games to be released and I ended up getting the GameCube later that year, I only ended up renting MP3 rather than actually buying it. It had a unique kind of mode that involves two characters running around a board trying to attack each other with a partner based on a Bowser minion. And each partner had their own abilities

Mario Party 3 is actually really good. The duel maps are very interesting concepts and the regular party boards are some of the best in the series IMO. 2 has always been my favourite, but 3 deserves a comeback.

Well The controls may be tough to work with unless you have to get used to them especially the camera controls for N64 games.

Those are pretty much of the games that I know about that should be added to N64, but the other i know was animal forest (or animal crossing in english) for the N64, but i don't see that happening considering it has to be translated. There are some other games that can be added to the N64 for the switch, but we have to look back and see what needs to be added to the N64 for the switch.

Now as for hey you pikachu, I thought the voice recognition suppose to work on all voice types regardless of child or deep voice, but after seeing the gameplay videos, i'm not sure if it will catch my interest or not.

Now as for sega genesis games, the only games that catches my interest are gunstar heroes, and shining force 1, Shining force 2 would be a nice game to add on the switch.

I've officially managed to download the N64 and Sega Genesis app from NSO.

And I discovered something from the settings menu from where you choose your game

Spoiler

The ability to play not only the North American version but the European version of some of the games. 

Now the high price does kind of make sense now and not just because the price also pays for Happy Home Paraside in Animal Crossing. 

Plus I finally got a chance to play Dr Mario 64 for the first time in 20 years.

And the way they handled the C button controls on a Nintendo switch controller that has less buttons compared to the face buttons on an N64 controller actually sort of works out once you get used to it

so assuming the controls for N64 games are pretty much the same as the wii and wii-u VC controls then.

I don't think i'll get the N64 and sega genesis if i don't have the expansion pass besides my discount for the expansion pass was around $47 for me.

1 hour ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

so assuming the controls for N64 games are pretty much the same as the wii and wii-u VC controls then.

Well you can use the right stick for the 4C button like you do on the Wii U. They made it so that if you hold down the ZR button the four face buttons on the right basically become the 4 C buttons; otherwise Switch A is the blue A button on N64 and Switch B is the green B button on N64

@Splashee

I don't have any problem with the emulation on the N64 whatsoever. Ocarina of Time looks great that I actually felt like playing dumb and freely going off the beating path rather than just trying to beat the game as fast as possible. As if I was playing the game for the very first time

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-11-19 at 3:20 PM, CastletonSnob said:

Forget Genesis or N64 games, I want GameCube and Saturn games.

That does not answer the question. Stay on topic!

As for a Sega Genesis game I want to see in the future that is not a Sonic game, I'd have fun with that Flicky game. Where you go around collecting little chicks and return them to the door while avoiding enemies.

And you know I kind of want to see one of the original Bubsy games that was released for the Sega Genesis. I heard about its infamous reputation as a franchise

On topic, I'd like to see the Shining Force games, Treasure games (Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes, and Alien Soldier), Ristar, the Streets of Rage games, Rocket Knight Adventure, and Phantasy Star IV.

Edited by CastletonSnob