Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure The Festival of Friendship

DivineMist1000

A6857170-5514-414E-9A85-841E58266E5F.jpeg.2174e6f7723782f5047d20b99e7da4cb.jpeg

The Festival of Friendship

Chapter 1: Location Location Location

In the coastal town of Maretime Bay, the sun began to rise above the clouds and already there were ponies everywhere walking the streets and greeting each other. Earth ponies, pegasai and unicorns all together after so long apart and this was only the beginning of wonderful friendships everywhere.

Inside of a newly rebuilt lighthouse, Sunny Starscout woke from her bed and let out a loud yawn as she stretched out and got up from the bed.

"Man, is it morning already? I must've really been sleepy..."

Sunny went over to her mirror and brushed her mane to get rid of her bedhead, but she looked down at the table and saw a picture of her as a filly and her father. Sunny looked at the picture and smiled as she stared at her father's happy face.

"I miss you dad, but I'm doing my best to make you proud! And today... today I'm gonna do something special for everypony!"

As Sunny hugged the picture, she suddenly heard a knocking at her front door and she finished brushing her mane before quickly going downstairs to the living room.

"Coming coming!"

Sunny opened the door and was greeted by three ponies who all said good morning to her at once. These were all Sunny's new friends that she had met during her quest to restore magic to the world last week and she was very happy to see them now.

"Izzy, Zipp, Pipp! So awesome to see you guys! What's up?"

The three of them laughed however and they all looked at Sunny's mane. Sunny was confused about what they were laughing about, but she looked at a mirror by the door and saw that her hairbrush was hanging from her still messy mane. Pipp was prepared to take a picture of Sunny with her phone but Zipp stopped her.

"Well, that's embarrassing... Excuse me just a moment."

Sunny closed the door for a second and used her newly acquired horn to make her mane straight again. Sunny still struggled using her magic and wings, but she had been getting lessons from her friends to help her get better at both.

Once Sunny finished with her mane troubles, she opened the door again and walked outside with her friends. The four of them then made their way into town to get some breakfast.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a local restaurant called "Mare's Hill", Sunny and her friends sat down at a table by the window and a waitress pony came by to take their orders. Sunny ordered a stack of pancakes with orange juice to drink, Izzy got waffles shaped like a tennis ball, Zipp with scrambled eggs and toast and coffee to drink and last but not least, Pipp with only jelly toast and a glass of water.

"Is that all you're getting, Pipp?" Sunny asked.

"I'm trying to go on a diet. I like to keep my figure nice and lean, you know?"

Sunny, Izzy and Zipp laughed a little at Pipp's words and they all dug in to their food. As the four of them ate, Sunny saw a blue maned Earth pony enter the restaurant and Sunny immediately recognized him.

“Hmmtch! Mmver here!”

Hitch looked over at Sunny and waved, but she just now realized that her mouth was full of food and quickly swallowed it. Hitch walked over to the table and everyone greeted him with waves and hellos.

"Hey there, you guys! What are you all doing here?" Hitch asked.

"Oh, we just got together to see our awesomely amazing friend, Sunny!"

Izzy scooted over a bit so that Hitch could sit down next to her, but he only ordered a coffee as he chatted with his friends.

"Well actually, now that you're here Hitch, I have a matter that I wanna discuss with you all."

Sunny stopped eating and cleared her throat before speaking again.

"I wanna do something special for everypony. I want to show everypony all the great things about friendship and was thinking about... I don't know, just something where everypony can come together, socialize and just have a really good time."

"Ooh ooh, you mean a party?!" Izzy exclaimed.

"Yeah, something like that, but I want it to be something everypony can see from every corner of Equestria. From Maretime Bay to Zephyr Heights and Bridlewood, I want everypony to know how great something like friendship really is."

"Hmm, how about we have a festival? Lots of games, food and maybe even some music to help celebrate!"

Sunny nodded her head in agreement with Zipp's suggestion and smiled.

"Yeah... A festival. A Festival of Friendship! That's a great idea!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After they all finished eating, all five ponies exited the restaurant and started walking the streets as Sunny looked around at points of interest around the town.

"We can have the festival here! Me and Hitch can tell everypony here in town about it and you guys can help spread the word to everypony else!"

"Whoa whoa, hold on Sunny. I don't think it's a good idea to have that festival here..."

Sunny looked at Hitch in disbelief at his words. Hitch looked around at the town and simply watched all the ponies walking by them.

"What? Why not?" Sunny asked.

"Well, not everypony here is so open to the idea of being friends with others. Especially after that whole incident with Sprout, there are just someponies who still don't trust anypony else."

"Those ponies are just being silly though. There's not a thing wrong with the other races and we all have something that we can share with one another..."

Hitch tried to talk to Sunny more, but she simply ignored him and Hitch watched Sunny walk over to the rail overlooking the water, but he turned his attention back to the others.

"I'm not saying I'm against a Festival of Friendship, but we just need it to be somewhere that's not going to conflict with the other races."

Pipp stepped forward and made a suggestion of her own.

"How about up at Zephyr Heights? All of my Pegasus fans are there, I can spread the word of this festival to my followers and set up an awesome show for the festival too."

Izzy then interrupted Pipp and stepped quickly in front of her.

"What about Bridlewood? Us unicorns love parties and we can use our magic to help make something so fun! Plus it has crystals too and everypony knows that crystals are awesome!"

Pipp and Izzy argued a little at their choices for a destination, but Hitch made them stop and calmed them both down.

"Guys guys, we're not gonna figure anything out by arguing like this... If we do this, it has to be somewhere that's completely neutral so that nopony is felt left out."

Zipp rolled her eyes as she watched the three of them continue to argue, but she looked over at Sunny and saw that she was still staring at the ocean. Zipp walked over to Sunny and looked at her for a second before staring at the water alongside her.

"You okay, Sunny? Look, this Festival is a great idea, but it's just not that easy to do something like this given everything that has happened..."

Sunny sighed and looked at Zipp with a little bit of sadness in her voice.

"I just... I just want to do something for everypony. Something to show everypony that friendship and trust and love is not something to be afraid of. I just want... I just want to help everypony see."

Zipp thought about what Sunny said, but she soon saw her walk away and back towards her house.

"H-Hey, where are you going Sunny? Are you alright?"

All four ponies looked at Sunny as she looked back at them with a small smile, but she also felt a sense of the same sadness in her as well.

"Sorry guys... I just need to be alone and think about this right now. I'll talk you guys later..."

The four of them looked at each other in sadness as they watched Sunny walk away, but they simply talked amongst themselves afterwards.

Sunny reached the front door of her house, but she stopped as she thought about her friends, her town and her father.

"Oh dad, what do I do? What do I do?"

A/N: This a new G5 project that I'm working. It won't be that long but I hope it is something that everyone can enjoy.

Edited by DivineCurse1000
  • Brohoof 1

Wow, this is really good for something you just told me about yesterday! :yay: I'd put more time into finishing the Elements of Equestria sequel first, but I do love the story of this so far too, how it's giving me Friendship is Magic vibes. :kirin: Also, good on breathing life back into that tennis ball meme, I knew Hitch was the kind of guy to just order coffee at a breakfast place. :nom:

31 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Wow, this is really good for something you just told me about yesterday! :yay: I'd put more time into finishing the Elements of Equestria sequel first, but I do love the story of this so far too, how it's giving me Friendship is Magic vibes. :kirin: Also, good on breathing life back into that tennis ball meme, I knew Hitch was the kind of guy to just order coffee at a breakfast place. :nom:

This is gonna be a small story. Probably 4 chapters.

Do you think that I got the characters down?

1 hour ago, DivineCurse1000 said:

This is gonna be a small story. Probably 4 chapters.

Do you think that I got the characters down?

Wow, shorter than my story I'm doing right now. :P And yes, I did not get "out of character" vibes from a single one of them.