Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP G5 Movie Expectations

Skylight Scintillate

MLP G5 Movie Expectations  

12 users have voted

1. 1. How high were your expectations for the movie?

• Very High
    • Moderately High
    • Moderate
    • Moderately Low
    • Very Low
  2. 2. How good was the movie relative to your expectations?

• Failed Expectations
    • Approached Expectations
    • Met Expectations
    • Exceeded Expectations

So now that the movie has been out for a few days now, how high were your expectations for the movie before you watched it? And how good was the movie relative to your expectations? I'll post my opinion later.

Edited by Zoom Jetstream

The only expectation I had was … just to have been entertained. I don’t look for my media to be worthy of masterpiece level adoration. I’d never be happy if I expected Casablanca. 

I really did not want to feel like I wasted my time, that it “felt” like MLP, and that the humor landed. As a bonus I also thought it would be nice that that there were some genuine references to G4, that the songs weren’t annoying, and that there was some possible theorycrafting that I could conjure from it. 

It hit all those. Honestly, I almost want to say that it landed better for me than the G4 film, and which I also enjoyed … but had some minor gripes with. 

I was burned too much by the main show so I was coming in with pretty low expectations, but then they started rising the more info came out, but even with rising expectations the movie definitely exceeded them

I walked in mostly blindfolded, because I didn't really seek out any information, so I didn't really have that many expectations. I expected it to be okay at the very least, but thankfully the movie surpassed that in spades.

Before G5 came out, I went in with very low expectations due to not being as good as G4, but I hope to being proven wrong. However, more information keep popping up and I slowly started to be cautiously optimistic.

After when G5 came out, it genuinely surprised me.

1. How high were your expectations for the movie?

Given how hyped I was for it, anywhere between moderately to very high, leaning more to the former. Yes, it was a blank slate for MLP, but this is the first big animated event for the franchise since the series finale. The Last Problem concluded Friendship Is Magic perfectly. Not to mention FIM was The Hub's/Disc. Family's flagship show and one of the most important cartoons since Avatar: TLA concluded in 2008. ANG's biggest question is whether it was able to carry on FIM's legacy or would FIM be lightning trapped in a bottle.

2. How good was the movie relative to your expectations?

Exceeded them big time. All the good content leading up to its premiere had me convinced ANG was going to be good. But become MLP's best movie? Not at all.

• Brohoof 1

How high were your expectations for the movie?

My expectations were pretty high considering this was a whole new version of My Little Pony and

Friendship is Magic is basically ponies' Batman:The Animated Series as far as quality is concerned. 

How good was the movie relative to your expectations?

My expectations were exceeded more than I ever thought they could be and I'm waiting as patiently as possible for what happens next. 

How high were youe expections for the movie?

At first, I had moderate expections toward the movie. My biggest fears were that it would end up horrible (G3.5) or would destroy everything G4 stands for. The more spoilers appeared, the lower my expections got. Mostly because of the forced G4 references

How good was the movie relative to your expections

I'd say the movie appreached my expectations. There luckily only had been a few G4 references, so that, to me, I don't see it as a sequel but a complete different world.

The story was filled with depression of the three races from well hidden (earth ponies) to hard to not see it (unicorns. hell, they just waited for their exctinction). The heroes actually were helpful to make the movie good and the ending opens the door to a first season.

The thing I mostly dislike was the forced "G4 sequel" plot. Looked more like a "if we add G4, more bronies will watch it" move or even a "if we don't make a G4 sequel, no one will watch it" fear

I went into the movie with moderate expectations, and I'd say the movie delivered on that. It definitely has some issues, including it's fast pacing and underdeveloped characters, but it was still fun to watch and had good humor. My overall opinion is that the movie is alright, maybe slightly above average, but nothing mind-blowing. So I'd say it met my expectations.