Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sprout Fan Club

mlploverlizzy

1 hour ago, mlploverlizzy said:

My bf made this amazing image of sprout from G5 :ButtercupLaugh: 
We both loved sprout so much while watching it!! haha 

gigasprout.png

I'm sorry but can this be redone in color...

1 hour ago, CloudMistDragon said:

My favorite character of the film we weren't supposed to like, honestly. ^_^ Not just the opening gag with Rarity, I find his schtick in general funny, discounting the "mommy" crying, and his song is still amusing too. 

Coming from the person whose current avatar is of Hitch Trailblazer, that's a bit unexpected

On 2021-09-30 at 2:56 PM, Will Guide said:

Coming from the person whose current avatar is of Hitch Trailblazer, that's a bit unexpected

I said in my review that I even love to not like the characters I don't like because we're not supposed to like them, and I mean it. :nom: This movie was that good.  

Also, there are people who legitimately ship Sprout with Hitch. :mlp_icwudt:

Edited by CloudMistDragon
New info.

Sprout definitely is a very interesting character. Despite his little dictatorial stunt (which, to be honest, that outfit rocked. Definitely would love to get that officers cap IRL.) he actually seems to have a whole lot more going on emotionally then "just" blind hatred. Especially with his reaction at the end, and the way he kept replying to his mom before and during his "villain"-arc showed glimpsed into a troubled mind, which could make for an excellent character study in the future show. Poor little mommas boy definitely had problems due to overprotective parenting. I really hope he will be atleast a reacurring character in the Show, and not just part of the movie.

Sprout was more of a circumstantial villain rather than truly evil (if he actually ended committing more serious war crimes than yeah, but he falls in the same category as neighsay IMO), but even before going power mad he wasn't exactly a pleasant pony. Anyway, I enjoyed his song a lot for the most part and he is a pretty interesting character, so as a villain I think they could have done worse. Hopefully they will bring him back for the series, he can end up as a minor antagonist, neutral or even reformed.

https://derpibooru.org/images/2711992?q=sprout+cloverleaf

large (4).png

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Since it seems nobody started one, I decided to open a fan club for Sprout Cloverfield from G5. The usual global rules applies and no hate toward the character will be allowed here

Despite becoming the main Antagonist of the G5 movie, A New Generation, I find Sprout Cloverfield to be one of the more laughable but still threatening villain.

image.gif.d7a30aa40b6bc08f9ae2eab68af1a13d.gif.7443b3c18486beb2678429a19d0ff92c.gif

Despite a tendency is to be a mama's boy trying to impress her and quick to believe the falsehoods that the other pony races are dangerous and to be feared, he actually managed to get a team of Earth Pony to create a giant mega machine without magic that actually did cause a lot of Destruction. It's actually kind of refreshing considering when it came to the major villains of generation 4 they were mostly unicorns and there was one evil little Pegasus filly.

Thank you @Steve Piranha for the gif

33 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Oh, and if there’s going to be LGBT stuff in G5, keep this guy away from that :proud:. Changing voice actors in the show, if that happens, won’t save it :oh_golly:

lol wow.... @Steve Piranha saying you can't be LGBTQ sprout. apparently there's a requirement to be one :laugh:

Okay I started this fan club for those who likes Sprout and his character but what the heck did this just turn into in the past several hours?

At the very least can somebody find a better picture for the opening post?

33 minutes ago, Will B. Bak said:

Okay I started this fan club for those who likes Sprout and his character but what the heck did this just turn into in the past several hours?

Sorry, I got a knack for memes and horse VA jokes :oh_golly:

anyway, hope this serves :mlp_smug:

Spoiler

image.gif.d7a30aa40b6bc08f9ae2eab68af1a13d.gif

Edited by Steve Piranha

My time to shine has come!

Sprout is my favorite My Little Pony character of all time, and one of my favorite fictional characters in existence.

He is the perfect blend of silly and funny while still being very complex when you really think about it.

He did bad things but he truly believed he was in the right because of the environment he was raised in--especially since he's a mommy's boy, and his mommy just so happened to be the pony who did the most brainwashing. He was thrown into a state of power when he had no idea what to do, and he took it too far. Do you remember when he first addressed the crowd and said there was no reason to be scared? Nopony listened to him, and they only listened when he told them what they WANTED to hear. He was terrified and needed the support of a mob and the Sprouticus Maximus to make him feel safe and protect his town. He legitimately believed unicorns and pegasi would kill everypony he knew if they got their magic back. He is childish, was only a threat for a few days, and learned his lesson after almost running over his mom and realizing the other pony breeds aren't dangerous.

I'm anxious for what the writers will do with him in the series. He looked genuinely remorseful after he was broken out of his madness, and I really hope he gets a redemption like Starlight Glimmer since I care about him so much. I'm worried they'll just use him as the butt of jokes though.

I hope we see a lot of him in the future. He has a lot of potential and his mannerisms are so endearing.

tappytap.gif.2a240c3b2f10e9699dedc2227bb925b9.gif

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-11-08 at 2:58 PM, Malarkey said:

My time to shine has come!

Sprout is my favorite My Little Pony character of all time, and one of my favorite fictional characters in existence.

He is the perfect blend of silly and funny while still being very complex when you really think about it.

He did bad things but he truly believed he was in the right because of the environment he was raised in--especially since he's a mommy's boy, and his mommy just so happened to be the pony who did the most brainwashing. He was thrown into a state of power when he had no idea what to do, and he took it too far. Do you remember when he first addressed the crowd and said there was no reason to be scared? Nopony listened to him, and they only listened when he told them what they WANTED to hear. He was terrified and needed the support of a mob and the Sprouticus Maximus to make him feel safe and protect his town. He legitimately believed unicorns and pegasi would kill everypony he knew if they got their magic back. He is childish, was only a threat for a few days, and learned his lesson after almost running over his mom and realizing the other pony breeds aren't dangerous.

I'm anxious for what the writers will do with him in the series. He looked genuinely remorseful after he was broken out of his madness, and I really hope he gets a redemption like Starlight Glimmer since I care about him so much. I'm worried they'll just use him as the butt of jokes though.

I hope we see a lot of him in the future. He has a lot of potential and his mannerisms are so endearing.

tappytap.gif.2a240c3b2f10e9699dedc2227bb925b9.gif

100% agree! we need more sprout!!!!