Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

That tree was not the tree of Harmony

eventyraren

It has been said that The tree we see in the G5 movie Is the Tree of Harmony. But That do not Work. Where is the Everfree Forest? It is more then a days walk from there to where the unicorns live, so that can't be the Everfree Forest eathet. This do not Work complitly, but what if That was the castle of Frendship where Twilight lived after season 4. Where the unicorns live do still not Work as Everfree but there is more then one Forest in equestria. 

I treat it like how in The Legend of Zelda series each of the major games take place so many generations of Peace apart that the landscape and its landmarks have shifted around between games. Don't forget that the generation 4 Equestria is now ancient history so the entire landscape could very much have completely changed and it's unrecognizable save for a few things that are essentially descendants of the originals like the Tree.

Beside the tree is magical so it actually wouldn't bother me if somehow it manages to change location after all this time for whatever reason. 

Besides this kind of loose Canon/"reboot" compared to Gen 4 would allow the generation 5 showmakers to try something a little different compared to generation 4

• Brohoof 3

50 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I treat it like how in The Legend of Zelda series each of the major games take place so many generations of Peace apart that the landscape and its landmarks have shifted around between games. Don't forget that the generation 4 Equestria is now ancient history so the entire landscape could very much have completely changed and it's unrecognizable save for a few things that are essentially descendants of the originals like the Tree.

Beside the tree is magical so it actually wouldn't bother me if somehow it manages to change location after all this time for whatever reason. 

Besides this kind of loose Canon/"reboot" compared to Gen 4 would allow the generation 5 showmakers to try something a little different compared to generation 4

Exactly. Locations shift over time. And given how far into the future a new generation takes place it’s obvious things changed immensely. Plus who’s to say the tree just didn’t teleport when it’s old home was destroyed or something. 

Why would a forest that relies on magic to function still exist without magic?

And even if it could, why would ponies with the technology necessary to get rid of something so dangerous not do so? It would make less sense for it to still be there.

Edited by FearTheBelle

That Tree is absolutely the former Treehouse of Harmony. Not only are the leaves of the tree in the same color of pink. The shapes of the branches are also identical. Take a closer look and see the similarities. The only difference you see here is that the treehouse itself became the actual tree. Argyle wouldn’t put that tree in his diary without reason.

8 hours ago, eventyraren said:

Where is the Everfree Forest?

That’s what one or two millennia will do to an environment. The surroundings of what was once the Everfree Forest (and where each pony tribe dominantly lived) changed significant, especially since magic eroded and vanished over time.

The main problem of G5 is, that they tried (and failed) to make it a sequel to G4. They implied that this is the tree of harmony but in the end, it's just a tree/reference, nothing more

• Brohoof 2

While Imalou did say that it is the Tree of Harmony, I doubt it is anything more than just a reference. It seems strange that this random tree shown once without much importance is something as important as the Tree of Harmony. I could be wrong, but to me this just seems like the tree's design was just a nod to the Tree of Harmony, and not really a confirmation that it is the Tree of Harmony.

• Brohoof 2