Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This Movie is Completely Harmless

Misty Shadow

Ok I can understand your opinion, after I think that with all that happens in the world, things become a little political, precisely so that people understand or love each other more, but I don't like politics, I don't live in America, but that's what's boring, I like series or cartoons that teach children or even older ones things about loving each other, injustices etc., but sometimes I want to let off steam and forget about the real world, so I don't think it would be political, just they will talk about bringing people together, etc. cliché between the races of pony, but nothing to do with the real world, even if we can find a little bit of all that in it, I think we must watch the cartoons with a child's soul, no need to analyze every detail, the film was very good, and I have seen nothing political in it, even the dictatorship of Sprout, go be happy and stop taking the beak for every detail, forget the politics we leave it to the

Ok je peux comprendre ton avis, après je pense qu'avec tout ce qui se passe dans le monde, les choses deviennent un peu politiques, justement pour que les gens se comprennent ou s'aiment davantage, mais j'aime pas la politique, je ne vis pas L'Amérique, mais c'est ça qui est chiant, j'aime les séries ou les dessins animés qui enseignent aux enfants ou même aux plus grands des choses sur l'amour de l'autre, les injustices etc., mais parfois j'ai envie de me défouler et d'oublier le monde réel, alors je ne pense pas ce serait politique, juste ils parleront de rapprochement, etc. cliché entre les races de poney, mais rien à voir avec le monde réel, même si on peut y retrouver un peu de tout ça, je pense qu'il faut regarder les dessins animés avec une âme d'enfant, pas besoin d'analyser chaque détail, le film était très bien, et je n'y ai rien vu de politique,même la dictature de Sprout, allez sois heureux et arrête de se prendre le bec pour chaque détail, oublie la politique on la laisse aux médias ☺️

17 hours ago, Vivooush said:

Ok I can understand your opinion, after I think that with all that happens in the world, things become a little political, precisely so that people understand or love each other more, but I don't like politics, I don't live in America, but that's what's boring, I like series or cartoons that teach children or even older ones things about loving each other, injustices etc., but sometimes I want to let off steam and forget about the real world, so I don't think it would be political, just they will talk about bringing people together, etc. cliché between the races of pony, but nothing to do with the real world, even if we can find a little bit of all that in it, I think we must watch the cartoons with a child's soul, no need to analyze every detail, the film was very good, and I have seen nothing political in it, even the dictatorship of Sprout, go be happy and stop taking the beak for every detail, forget the politics we leave it to the

I'm afraid you misunderstood, sweet summer child. We are the ones who want to keep things the way you described. After all, the western morality you speak of, one that should be included in cartoons, has unfortunately nothing to do with the dominant branch of western politics. So, whenever we spot a political activist doing business with the owners of MLP, some of us tend to become a bit aggressive.

1 hour ago, Goat-kun said:

I'm afraid you misunderstood, sweet summer child. We are the ones who want to keep things the way you described. After all, the western morality you speak of, one that should be included in cartoons, has unfortunately nothing to do with the dominant branch of western politics. So, whenever we spot a political activist doing business with the owners of MLP, some of us tend to become a bit aggressive.

Not without good reason considering how many beloved properties have been ruined by them these days :scoots:

What bothers you is the fact that Sunny was an activist? 

So a children's program becomes bad as soon as it talks about real issues in our world? 

Things remain as they are and mlp in particular, I don't even understand why such politics can take place, the series is not political on the contrary, I don't even understand this definition of the word political

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Vivooush said:

What bothers you is the fact that Sunny was an activist? 

So a children's program becomes bad as soon as it talks about real issues in our world? 

Things remain as they are and mlp in particular, I don't even understand why such politics can take place, the series is not political on the contrary, I don't even understand this definition of the word political

I have some problems with the movie, but that is not one of them. Sunny is not the kind of activist I'm looking for. This movie is not woke, and many are relieved by that. It would be woke if they'd portray two pony tribes as saints and one as comically evil cause that's just what woke activists do. They segregate people into groups based on color or conviction and then they demand power in order to force everyone to act exactly how they think they should. The activists I'm looking for are people of flesh and blood that want to influence Hasbro in order to make MLP woke.

Edited by Goat-kun
  • Brohoof 1

On the subject of Sunny's activism, I rather liked it. She was determined to stand up for a good cause, and to the movie's good credit they were very creative in how they handled it by not making her annoying and even getting a few laughs out of it. In the end she was proven right, but the movie very correctly showed that it's not always easy to convince everyone.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Ragland Tiger said:

Si une émission pour enfants qui parle de gentillesse, de compassion et d'acceptation est « éveillée », alors appelez-moi éveillé.

Well I don't see what's wrong with that 🙂

8 hours ago, Stancet said:

Au sujet de l'activisme de Sunny, j'ai plutôt aimé. Elle était déterminée à défendre une bonne cause, et au crédit du film, ils ont été très créatifs dans la façon dont ils l'ont géré en ne la rendant pas ennuyeuse et même en en faisant rire quelques-uns. Au final, elle a eu raison, mais le film a montré très justement qu'il n'est pas toujours facile de convaincre tout le monde.

Exactly, I think it's a good aspect of it, obviously being an activist is not easy, each person has his own opinion, and sometimes when we are not alone in our approach, we are taken for fools, Sunny was seen as the crazy one of the neighborhood, I would like to know more about the series, about how she lived all that, I would like to know more about the series, about how she went through all that, fortunately Hitch was with her and it still depends on the situation, in any case I liked the movie a lot, it teaches some good things and it's still Mlp, but I liked it, so let's stop taking our heads because of what the media can say, we don't care, it's a good series and I liked the scenario ☺️

I wanted to apologize for the mistakes, I'm using a translation application and I have the impression that it says anything

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-12-25 at 1:42 PM, Goat-kun said:

It would be woke if they'd portray two pony tribes as saints and one as comically evil cause that's just what woke activists do.

AKA the strategy of....a lot of media within the past what, 80 years? (and US history books) 

Tons of media has used "good vs evil" as its basis. The only difference in this whole "woke" argument is that some media tip toe around real world issues (or by the standards of the anti-woke crowd, almost everything does this now I guess). However, the formula actually does not change even with those issues applied. There are different ways to go about it of course, but in the end, racism is bad. Homophobia is bad. Xenophobia is bad. Sounds like the same good vs evil equation to me. Of course there's far more I can say in that regard but my post already is in an area the site doesn't like so I'll stop while I'm ahead I suppose. Not like anything I say on the subject even matters to most people anyways. Frankly, I'm simply tired of everything being declared "woke" by people. It has gotten so, so old. 

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

Totally agree with @Kyoshi. Kiddie art/toys tends to be value laden (should be IMO) because adults want children to value certain things and adults will not buy things that carry messages they would not endorse themselves. Adults do, however, underestimate kids and therefore we end up with simple good/evil messages. None of this is surprising, or new, or only a strategy used by the left or right.

• Brohoof 3

19 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

AKA the strategy of....a lot of media within the past what, 80 years? (and US history books) 

Tons of media has used "good vs evil" as its basis. The only difference in this whole "woke" argument is that some media tip toe around real world issues (or by the standards of the anti-woke crowd, almost everything does this now I guess). However, the formula actually does not change even with those issues applied. There are different ways to go about it of course, but in the end, racism is bad. Homophobia is bad. Xenophobia is bad. Sounds like the same good vs evil equation to me. Of course there's far more I can say in that regard but my post already is in an area the site doesn't like so I'll stop while I'm ahead I suppose. Not like anything I say on the subject even matters to most people anyways. Frankly, I'm simply tired of everything being declared "woke" by people. It has gotten so, so old. 

Of course racism is bad. Why else do you think I'm opposing wokeism? Well, there are other reasons but this is one of them. And yes, people will abuse the word woke. After all, it's a bad word. It means bad things. Just like racism. Those opposing wokeism are not opposing teaching morals to kids. That is encouraged.

14 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

Totally agree with @Kyoshi. Kiddie art/toys tends to be value laden (should be IMO) because adults want children to value certain things and adults will not buy things that carry messages they would not endorse themselves. Adults do, however, underestimate kids and therefore we end up with simple good/evil messages. None of this is surprising, or new, or only a strategy used by the left or right.

Humans gonna human. What a surprise! That does not change the view on woke ideology. And if we're gonna be pointing fingers, our ol' buddy Christ is still way better than rainbow dildo butt monkey when it comes to moral teachings. Not all moral systems are made equal.

20 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Let’s put it this way: bigotry is bad. Woke us bigotry gaslighting us as being non-bigot, therefore, it sucks also >_>

Spoiler

seriously, “latinx” :eww:?

Edited by Steve Piranha

Of course racism is bad. Why else do you think I'm opposing wokeism? Well, there are other reasons but this is one of them. And yes, people will abuse the word woke. After all, it's a bad word. It means bad things. Just like racism. Those opposing wokeism are not opposing teaching morals to kids. That is encouraged.

The obvious problem is that to the "anti woke" crowd, there is almost no line to begin with. Almost everything is considered woke now and that's why I can't give any credit to this movement. Somehow this movie escaped the wrath of the internet but I do remember so many people waiting anxiously to rip this film apart if it seemed "woke" at all. At that point, are people just looking for things to be mad about? That sounds an awful lot like a criticism thrown towards "SJW's" but I am seeing it so much in the anti woke brigade. 

• Brohoof 1

Humans gonna human. What a surprise! That does not change the view on woke ideology. And if we're gonna be pointing fingers, our ol' buddy Christ is still way better than rainbow dildo butt monkey when it comes to moral teachings. Not all moral systems are made equal.

Understandable to not want people to listen to messages you disagree with. The breadth of pony fandom though, as distinct from the licensed stuff, allows for the full spectrum. And I have to admit, I do like seeing it :P 

44 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

Understandable to not want people to listen to messages you disagree with. The breadth of pony fandom though, as distinct from the licensed stuff, allows for the full spectrum. And I have to admit, I do like seeing it :P 

You misunderstand. The woke should be exposed and dissected like a chicken on a wet market. That requires less censorship, not more. As long as their ideology remains powerless within the fandom and within the franchise, their existence does not bother me at all.

• Brohoof 3

52 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

The obvious problem is that to the "anti woke" crowd, there is almost no line to begin with. Almost everything is considered woke now and that's why I can't give any credit to this movement. Somehow this movie escaped the wrath of the internet but I do remember so many people waiting anxiously to rip this film apart if it seemed "woke" at all. At that point, are people just looking for things to be mad about? That sounds an awful lot like a criticism thrown towards "SJW's" but I am seeing it so much in the anti woke brigade. 

Yet the MLP movie wasn't woke. See how people are now talking about bad writing and plot holes. That's the fandom I know and love. Here, we're just having a mini debate pit about woke in general for the sake of the good ol' days. At least that's what I'm doing. These raging anti-woke lunatics do seem to have some semblance of restraint to them. They don't seem to pose any sort of threat or great disturbance. The believer will take offense when the lord's name is spoken in vain

55 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

You misunderstand. The woke should be exposed and dissected like a chicken on a wet market. That requires less censorship, not more. As long as their ideology remains powerless within the fandom and within the franchise, their existence does not bother me at all.

As much as I agree with this, I feel this thread has really started to gravitate away from its intended purpose, which was to point out the movie's lack of you-know-what in an apolitical way. We've made our points with the mini-debate pit like discussion, I'd rather us focus on the harmless nature of the film's messages from here on. :fluttershy:

21 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

As much as I agree with this, I feel this thread has really started to gravitate away from its intended purpose, which was to point out the movie's lack of you-know-what in an apolitical way. We've made our points with the mini-debate pit like discussion, I'd rather us focus on the harmless nature of the film's messages from here on. :fluttershy:

TL; DR: racism is bad, and that message has nothing to do with the flurry of complaints some of us have made before the movie.

And we move on.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Glad no sign of any of it in either G5 show either :fluttershy:. Can you imagine if ponies went High Guardian Spice :eww:? I saw that show failing miles away :D

"Tell Your Tale/Make Your Mark is Completely Harmless". 

Imagine if I made that kind of topic now. Even though I didn't even use Mr. W word...it was all over this thread. :ButtercupLaugh: But yeah, go a step further and imagine if ponies went Velma. I like to stay on the optimistic side, but I have no idea how this franchise and fandom would ever recover from that. :mlp_nom: 

23 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

"Tell Your Tale/Make Your Mark is Completely Harmless". 

Imagine if I made that kind of topic now. Even though I didn't even use Mr. W word...it was all over this thread. :ButtercupLaugh: But yeah, go a step further and imagine if ponies went Velma. I like to stay on the optimistic side, but I have no idea how this franchise and fandom would ever recover from that. :mlp_nom: 

No way pastel horses would ever recover if it went that route :scoots:. Thank goodness it didn’t happen, but the wordings used as marketing tools with Dunny being an activist, or having a plot resonating with “modern audiences” or any similar wording before release (being on Netflix didn’t do it any favors :scoots:) made G5 appealing to “that” a legitimate reason for concern