Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do pegasi eat meat?

Shady Mist

When Queen Haven gets arrested, Dazzle said "Queen Haven has been arrested for being a phony pony full of baloney". Baloney is meat, have the ponies of Equestria or at least the pegasi become omnivores or carnivores?

Edited by Shady Mist
  • Brohoof 1

...Maybe it's vegan baloney? 

No idea, though. It's not as though that moment was intended as lore. But if you were to theorize, they could be omnivores, or it's just an expression passed down over the generations from pegasi who knew griffons. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. It implies not only that they might eat meat, but also that they somehow know about the Italinan city of Bologna. But really, I highly doubt that the writers had this in mind. It's similar to how the G4 writers never explained why ponies measure in feet - the words were used without much of a second thought. 

• Brohoof 2

It's an idiom, you have to interpret it in it's context. In this case, the phrase "phony pony full of baloney" is a play on words of the actual phrase which goes "phony baloney", which means the person who is called that is fake or dishonest. So putting that into the context, the pegasi called Queen Haven "phony pony full of baloney" because she was faking that she could fly, it has nothing to do with eating meat.

• Brohoof 1