Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have we seen some of the animation for the series already?

Shady Mist

There were bits of animation used for the marketing for the movie but were not used. Are these actually not from the movie but instead the show or special, so we might know what the animation quality (mainly for Sunny and Hitch) looks like?

imageimageimage2558634 - safe, hitch trailblazer, izzy moonbow, sunny starscout, earth  pony, pony, unicorn, g5, 3d, animated, blaze (coat marking), coat markings,  cute, facial markings, female, gif, laughing, male, mare, meme origin, pale

Perhaps they're either promo animation assets or for the upcoming special before the show? I really truly hope the show uses the same animation as the movie but I have my doubts given the very high animation cost that would entail

I think those are promo animations. If the show is in 3D, then it’s highly unlikely it’ll look like the movie. 3D animated shows, especially ones connected to 3D animated movies, tend to be notorious for serious downgrades in quality.

Which is why I’m still kind of hoping for 2D. Easier to hide budget limitations. Might just be wishful thinking though.

• Brohoof 1

Those little clips just seemed like promos, so I doubt that they are from the series. Plus, it's very unlikely that the series animation will be near the movie's due to being a show. While most seem to think that the show will be 3D, I still think that there is a chance it could be a nice 2D, potentially even similar to that of the 2017 movie. To be honest, I really hope that the series will be 2D, because that would allow for a much better and more detailed look than a cheap 3D would (plus, I tend to prefer 2D animation over 3D animation in general).