Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EQD is taking suggestions for names of background ponies

eventyraren

• The title was changed to EQD is taking suggestions for names of background ponies
2 hours ago, eventyraren said:

Wasn't a lot og G4 background ponies names fanon a long while?

A few of them were. Octavia, Lyra, Bob Bon, Berry Punch, On Stage, Raspberry Beret, and Dr. Hooves (derived from bronydom's "Whooves") wouldn't have gotten their names without brony input.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, eventyraren said:

Wasn't a lot og G4 background ponies names fanon a long while?

True.( Derpy was a major example), but for me, it's best for the fanon names stays in the fandom rather than making it canon to the actual show.

Honestly, feel free to disagree with me, but one of the biggest problems I had with G4 (since Season 4) is they constantly over relying on fandom references way too much. I mean, it's okay to use references once in a while, but not to the point you had to keep overusing it each and every season. It feels like it's not it's own show anymore, it just artificial fanfiction on children television.

Being a fan of background ponies, it's cool to see that they are being given some attention. Unfortunately with the movie, the background ponies felt fairly bland, and most of them were just recolors, similar to season one's background ponies. Though even then, the designs being recolored aren't even as interesting as those of G4's first season. There may be a few interesting ones here and there, but I'll need to go back and look more closely to the backgrounds of certain scenes. That being said, I hope that the series itself can introduce some cool background ponies just like FiM did.

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-10-05 at 1:40 PM, Landi said:

Unfortunately with the movie, the background ponies felt fairly bland.

Agreed. And I’m willing to bet they did this on purpose to make the lead characters pop out more.

But it was a bit of a let down.

• Brohoof 2