Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you be okay with it if the show went this route?

Plonkett

For my part I would like that for the beginning of the new series, it is more slice of life, a little a la Equestria girls shorts, it was nice, as they are still lost in terms of pony breeds, I think there is still no need to have a big plot with villains as the beginning of generation 4

12 hours ago, TheDarkMare1939 said:

Your ideas for what MLP G5 should be like sounds great. I consider these ideas to be the best take on it.

Thanks.  I just think that this new series should lean into what's most unique and interesting about it.  I'm all for telling a new story, so I hope that's what we get, and I like when stories really lean into the strengths of their setting.  There's potential to give us something we didn't get from FiM, or even EQG, and I really hope we get that.  

• 1 month later...
On 2021-12-05 at 5:03 AM, AlbaTross said:

Thanks.  I just think that this new series should lean into what's most unique and interesting about it.  I'm all for telling a new story, so I hope that's what we get, and I like when stories really lean into the strengths of their setting.  There's potential to give us something we didn't get from FiM, or even EQG, and I really hope we get that.  

You're welcome.

One of the things I'm wondering after watching MLP: A New Generation Is What Happened To Twilight Sparkle, in between the series finale of FIM and A New Generation.

Just to ask, what do you think happened to Twilight and caused her to disappear? Do you think she died? Or something different happened?

Edited by TheDarkMare1939

The answer is yes and no. Yes because I like slice of life episodes. No because I don't want MLP getting so use to that stuff that they backslide into the stigma that even many girls are embarrassed by.

Edited by Stancet

40 minutes ago, Stancet said:

The answer is yes and no. Yes because I like slice of life episodes. No because I don't want MLP getting so use to that stuff that they backslide into the stigma that even many girls are embarrassed by.

That's a good point. I think I can agree with you on that.

One of the things I'm wondering after watching MLP: A New Generation Is What Happened To Twilight Sparkle, in between the series finale of FIM and A New Generation.

Just to ask, what do you think, in your opinion, happened to Twilight and caused her to disappear? Do you think she died and lost her magic? Or do you think something different happened?

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I was hoping the show would go in another direction.

Like, if I could produce another season of FiM, I'd have had it driven more by villains, not less.  Like, I'd introduce villains in the season premiere, have the villains' actions drive either the A-plot or the B-plot of a majority of episodes in the season, then have them defeated in the season finale.

And I'm hoping G-5 does that.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, TheDarkMare1939 said:

You're welcome.

One of the things I'm wondering after watching MLP: A New Generation Is What Happened To Twilight Sparkle, in between the series finale of FIM and A New Generation.

Just to ask, what do you think happened to Twilight and caused her to disappear? Do you think she died? Or something different happened?

Given the nature of this franchise, I think Twilight lived out her natural life cycle, however long it was extended by her becoming an Alicorn.  Anti-climactic, I know.  I do think she died, but probably of old age.  My Little Pony can get surprisingly dark at times, but not only does this new franchise seem to be leaning towards the lighter side of things; I've never felt the franchise was the kind of dark where we could infer that Twilight died in some kind of conflict.  Conflict clearly did arise though, and there are dark implications of that, which are likely unintentional (as I don't think anyone involved in the film overanalyzed like I have). 

I think it's possible Twilight died without a successor, or perhaps she did have a successor, and so on, and so forth, but the line ended at some point, and there weren't any more Alicorns left to sit on the throne of Equestria.  After that, perhaps ponies couldn't agree on how their species should be governed, and who should be in charge.  Before long, certain groups were trying to push certain ponies to fill those shoes, to the chagrin of the rest of them.  Long story short, once the dust settled, cracks had formed along racial lines, and the three pony tribes once again separated, though not before they all mutually agreed to work together one last time to seal away their magic, so that they could circumvent the appearance of Windigoes.  

I'm sure we will learn more about what actually happened, but that about sums up my headcanon for the time being.

9 hours ago, TheDarkMare1939 said:

That's a good point. I think I can agree with you on that.

One of the things I'm wondering after watching MLP: A New Generation Is What Happened To Twilight Sparkle, in between the series finale of FIM and A New Generation.

Just to ask, what do you think, in your opinion, happened to Twilight and caused her to disappear? Do you think she died and lost her magic? Or do you think something different happened?

Idealistically, I'd like to believe Twilight Sparkle would live a really long time and then confront a catastrophe so huge she would sacrifice both herself and friendship just to save ponykind. 

I like this idea because Twilight Sparkle would be remembered well, instead of as a failure, and then discovering what that conflict was could also create story potential for A New Generation incase our new cast of ponies confronted it themselves.

Of course, I'm not a writer. I do wish I could be one. How about you?

7 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

To be honest, I was hoping the show would go in another direction.

Like, if I could produce another season of FiM, I'd have had it driven more by villains, not less.  Like, I'd introduce villains in the season premiere, have the villains' actions drive either the A-plot or the B-plot of a majority of episodes in the season, then have them defeated in the season finale.

And I'm hoping G-5 does that.

I understand. I wish season 9 felt more like this.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, AlbaTross said:

Given the nature of this franchise, I think Twilight lived out her natural life cycle, however long it was extended by her becoming an Alicorn.  Anti-climactic, I know.  I do think she died, but probably of old age.  My Little Pony can get surprisingly dark at times, but not only does this new franchise seem to be leaning towards the lighter side of things; I've never felt the franchise was the kind of dark where we could infer that Twilight died in some kind of conflict.  Conflict clearly did arise though, and there are dark implications of that, which are likely unintentional (as I don't think anyone involved in the film overanalyzed like I have). 

I think it's possible Twilight died without a successor, or perhaps she did have a successor, and so on, and so forth, but the line ended at some point, and there weren't any more Alicorns left to sit on the throne of Equestria.  After that, perhaps ponies couldn't agree on how their species should be governed, and who should be in charge.  Before long, certain groups were trying to push certain ponies to fill those shoes, to the chagrin of the rest of them.  Long story short, once the dust settled, cracks had formed along racial lines, and the three pony tribes once again separated, though not before they all mutually agreed to work together one last time to seal away their magic, so that they could circumvent the appearance of Windigoes.  

I'm sure we will learn more about what actually happened, but that about sums up my headcanon for the time being.

Not bad. I think your headcanon is pretty good and could fit with the lore of MLP G5.

I would LOVE to have g5 be more like g3. I personally think that season 1 and 2 were the best in terms of episodes, everything kind of went down the drain when Twilight got her wings, which I feel was when they started focusing more on plot then the characters who really needed development. 

I'm almost surprised by the number of Bronies here who want the show to avoid romance altogether (including myself).

Do any of you suppose it's for one common reason or many different reasons?

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Stancet said:

I'm almost surprised by the number of Bronies here who want the show to avoid romance altogether (including myself).

According to my point of view and personal experience in another fandoms, shipping not only forces the writers to drop the main plot to focus on romance, but also creates a toxic environment among fans, causing arguments and (in some extreme cases) cancellations if you don't "support" a ship (for example, if I dislike 'AxB' ship they would call me a hater, harass me or worse). In conclusion: I don't want the MLP fandom become more toxic.

Edited by Orchid_Fiore

18 hours ago, Stancet said:

Personally, I found it to be a breath of fresh air that FiM didn't have much romance in it, because so many stories have that it's not even funny.  I kind of like that it focused more on honest to goodness friendship rather than the other kind of ship, because such ships tend to get a lot of screen time and focus, assuming they don't end up being central to the plot to some capacity.  

9 hours ago, Orchid_Fiore said:

According to my point of view and personal experience in another fandoms, shipping not only forces the writers to drop the main plot to focus on romance, but also creates a toxic environment among fans, causing arguments and (in some extreme cases) cancellations if you don't "support" a ship (for example, if I dislike 'AxB' ship they would call me a hater, harass me or worse). In conclusion: I don't want the MLP fandom become more toxic.

Ha!  In G4, unofficial ships abounded in place of regular ones, and there were petty squabbles over who was "best pony".  Personally, I think the MLP fandom can become toxic if fans of G4 and G5 can't get along (time will tell).  Compared to that, ship culture, which was very much a thing last generation, probably isn't going to be the thing to make or break this fandom.  It would have a difficult time coming anywhere close to fandoms such as the Nintendo and Pokemon fandoms for general toxicity anyways.  Still, I can see why you wouldn't want one of few fandoms where people seem to more or less get along to descend into anything resembling one of those cesspools.  Worry not, shipping is unlikely to be a big worry for MLP. 

On the other hand, I probably wouldn't be as into it from a story standpoint, as I've stated above.  

On 2021-10-05 at 10:31 AM, vgmaster9 said:

Since the movie was basically about bringing friendship back together, how would you like about the show being closer to G3, but still keeping the spirit of G4? The episodes would mainly be about exploring the personalities, interests, and relationships of the main characters. The only kinds of antagonists being more akin to Trixie, Flim Flam brothers, and Iron Will, and not having any real villains. It still having writing quality that would appeal to fans of the previous show. It could still have two parter episodes with more of a plot, but only with medium stakes. Would you watch the G5 show if it was like that?

Honestly, I wish that's how it was, and it seemed to start out that way before the end of Season 2/start of Season 3.