Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Favorite Animation Work from Boulder Media (besides MLP A New Generation & Misc. Hasbro Projects)?

JMTV99

For those who don't know, Boulder Media Animation Studio was founded in 2000 by Robert Cullen and it was located in Dublin, Ireland. Then around 2016, Hasbro bought the studio and it was part of Entertainment One many years later.

While Boulder Media did produced Hasbro projects such as MLP Rainbow Roadtrip, LPS A World of Our Own, EQG Shorts, Pony Life, various Transformers cartoons, and of course MLP G5 A New Generation, but also it had done various well-known animation projects before and after Hasbro projects such as:

The Amazing World of Gumball (Season 1) (Cartoon Network)

Foster's Home (Cartoon Network)

El Tigre (Nickelodeon)

Wander Over Yonder (Season 2) (Disney)

Danger Mouse 2015 Reboot (Netflix)

Lauren Faust's DC Superhero Girls (Warner Bros/DC)

I gotta say, that's a very impressive track record from a well-known studio.

In my personal opinion, I actually prefer Boulder Media over DHX because of how colorful and unique their animation were(and less rigid).

Out of all of them, my personal favorite was Gumball Season 1. I used to watch Gumball back in the day when it first came out and I really adore everything about the show, including the animation. It's colorful, unique, fluid, very snappy, and absolutely beautiful. Not to mention, it can be cute and very adorable.

Boulder Media is most underrated animation studio out there for producing various animation projects and Hasbro projects. I'm glad and respect Hasbro take this opportunity to bought Boulder Media to produced content for them, especially MLP G5 and I'm looking forward to see what they has in store for the G5 special and series (with the help of Atomic Cartoons).

What's your favorite animation work from Boulder Media besides Hasbro projects?

Let me know in the comments below.

I would call Gumball their most impressive work, since Gumball mixes different animation styles on photorealistic backgrounds made from real photos. :coco: Their animation on Foster's was good for its time too, but it stands out to me more as the perfect presage for what we pony fans know the studio for today. ;)

8 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I would call Gumball their most impressive work, since Gumball mixes different animation styles on photorealistic backgrounds made from real photos. :coco: Their animation on Foster's was good for its time too, but it stands out to me more as the perfect presage for what we pony fans know the studio for today. ;)

Yeah, I agree.

I haven't actually seen much of their other works, only a few episodes of their other shows(Foster's, DCSHG, and Gumball), I'm mainly familiar with their Hasbro stuff like MLP, EQG and Transformers Cyberverse(which I'm actually very fond of)

Edited by Megas