Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Delivery of Love (Private with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

OOC HERE

@Dynamo Pad

It was an early morning, and Lilly Hayseed, a young unicorn mare who worked on her uncle and aunt's hay farm, was doing her deliveries of fresh hay to places like the crystal farms and the small cafes and restaurants dotted around Bridlewood.

After she had finished her deliveries, she would see the arcade and smile a little. She looked at her allowance that her aunt and uncle had given her, along with the tips she got from her deliveries and had decided to go in and try her hoof at a few games.

Trotting in, she was immediately in awe of all the bright lights and noises, as she was used to the peace and quiet of the farm. She shakes the daze off and starts to look around at any games that might catch her interest, when she spots the claw machine, which had an adorable bunny and kitten plushies in it.

She trots to it, and looks for the bit slot "O-oh..tokens?" she'd ask the air

Edited by Scarlet Rose

@Scarlet Rose

As the early morning sun shined through the forest of Bridlewood, Dynamo Pad, a young unicorn stallion, was found working in the local arcade. As he was walked inside, he found that the owner of the building, Alphabittle, was already at work setting up. Helping out the older stallion, the two had the building up and running in no time at all. As Dynamo tended to the games to make sure all were running. He also was making sure to help any and all gamer's were satisfied, or needed help in any way. Alphabittle, meanwhile, was busy conning ponies out of their treasures like always. As time went by, Dynamo's ears perked as he heard the doors to the arcade were being opened. Looking towards the entrance, he saw a light brown unicorn mare, with a green and brown tail. Her mane was also a mix of green and brown, but tied up in a ponytail. The gaming unicorn hadn't seen the newcomer before, but that was mostly because he didn't know many of the residents in the village. The only exception was Izzy Moonbow, who always seemed to have made the town seem brighter than ever before.

Seeing the look of awe and wonder at the bright lights and noises, Dynamo couldn't help himself in chuckling softly. Seeing her expression had made him feel nostalgic as he was the same way seeing video games for the first time. As the mare trotted over towards a prize grabber, he had heard the question of tokens being brought up. Wondering if she was in need of assistance, Dynamo made his way over towards the prize grabber. After a moment, he walked around to make sure that the mare would see him. All the while, making sure not to freak her out with his sudden appearance. "Um...excuse me? Is everything okay, miss? Do you need any help in any way?"

@Dynamo Pad

Lilly would hear the hoofsteps of Dynamo approaching her and would then look at him as he asks her the question "Uhm yes.. I'm just wondering what the difference between tokens and bits is?" she would ask him, looking at the blue stallion in front of her "I-I guess it's pretty clear but I've not been in here before, I'm usually busy at the farm" she would smile a little awkwardly. "It's just Izzy said next time I have time off, I should come here" she shuffles her front hooves a little.

@Scarlet Rose

As the mare turned to look at him, he could see one of her eyes as her other eyes was covered partially by her mane. "Oh. Bits are usually to help purchase tokens. The tokens themselves are to allow anyone and everyone to play the games in this arcade. It's something relatively new as sometimes the games don't work after using bits. The tokens were used so it would be less difficult to give any refunds if we have to fix up the machines." He explained, taking notice of her shuffling her hooves slightly. Smiling softly, he shook his head to reassure the mare of her worries. "That's okay and no need to explain. That was me when I first came to this arcade. I was so mesmerized that I didn't know the first thing about tokens and games." He chuckled sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck with his front left hoof. "Oh, you know Izzy?" He asks, raising an eyebrow as he smiled softly. "I guess that should be obvious as Izzy seems to know everyone here in Bridlewood. Speaking of knowing everyone, I don't believe we've met before. My name's Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo. It's nice to meet you, Miss...?" He held out a hoof in the attempt of giving the mare a hoof shake.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

Lilly would smile a little "I see, I guess that makes sense and yes, seems everyone knows Izzy and her new friends" she'd say, hoof bumping him "nice to meet you Dynamo, my name is Lilly Hayseed, but you can call me Lilly"

She then looks around about some more, "I want to get those two plushies, it's Izzy's birthday, and I think she'd love them"

Edited by Scarlet Rose

@Scarlet Rose

"You can say that again. I do recall seeing Izzy with a couple of new friends. I believe two were pegasus ponies, while two more were earth ponies. I wasn't sure what to make of them at first, but they actually seemed really nice, in my opinion. One of the two pegasus ponies actually seemed pretty cool in helping others out." He explained, referencing Zipp to the now known Lily. All the while smiling as she returned his hoof bump. "It's nice to meet you too, Lily." He started, before taking notice of the unicorn mare looking around. Upon hearing that it was Izzy's birthday, Dynamo smiled with an understanding nod, before pointing towards the front desk. "I almost forgot it was Lily's birthday. Let's head to the front counter and I'll be able to help give you some tokens to play. How does that sound?" He asks, taking the lead as he walked alongside Lily towards the register and Alphabittle.

@Dynamo Pad

Lilly nods with a smile "yes, I recall that as well...I think the Pegasi's name is Zipp or something like that" she would say then walked over to the front register, looking at the prices. 

She'd look at Alphabittle, "Oh hello Alphabittle, I was wondering where you had gone to. Glad to see you didn't go far" she'd smile warmly to him "uhm, if like ten tokens, please"

@Scarlet Rose

Upon hearing the pony's name being Zipp, Dynamo nodded with a smile. "I think that was her name. I think I was a bit confused as I think the other pegasus was her sister? I also think her name was Pipp, so the whole names sounded confusing. Even so, thanks for clearing that up, Lily." He chuckled as the two reached the front counter. Behind the counter were prizes galore, which ranged from plushies, to jewelry, to other assortment of prizes. Alphabittle, who had been working with a customer, or was winning a deal that had been made, had heard his name being mentioned. Turning to see Dynamo, he had grinned as he had seen Lily Hayseed, who was with the blue unicorn.

"Well, if it ain't Lily! I haven't seen you in a little while. It's a surprise to see you in the arcade. Seems like it's your first time here." He chuckled at Lily's comment of not going too far. "Yeah, you could say that. After losing to Sunny in the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!" He started, bellowing what he claimed was the ultimate challenge in betting against him. All the while, his eyes glancing towards the ceiling as he added dramatic effect. An effect that caused Dynamo to snicker at his boss' antics. "Anyway, I decided to stick to the local arcade since ponies loved that challenge. Can't say no to a little game of "Just Prance" after all. So, what can I do for you? Are you looking to bet some hayseeds or something valuable for a prize's that I collected over the years?" He moved his hoof across in an arc at all the prized he had acquired. Dynamo shaking his head as this was Alphabittle's usual way of betting. 

"I wouldn't say that and not today, sir. Lilly wanted to play some games and to use the prize grabber too. However, she has bits and the games require tokens. Can we get some tokens, sir?" He asks, Alpha rolling his eyes as he always loved to bet. However, he couldn't deny a gamer in need. "Ten tokens, huh? That's not a problem. I just need ten bits and we'll be good to trade."

@Dynamo Pad

Lilly smiles "that was quite the show, who knew that crystal was part of the key to bring magic back to us abs bring the races back together" she'd say and takes out ten bits, placing them on the counter, "and maybe another time, I don't think my aunt abs uncle would appreciate me betting away our produce"

@Scarlet Rose

"You can say that again, Lily. I wasn't expecting to see the dance machine out and about. That's usually for when Alphabittle is really in the challenging mood. It's a good thing he was able to bring the dance machine into the arcade. It's one of the big attractions that draws anyone in here." Dynamo responded, nodding in agreement. "I didn't think the crystal would play such a huge importance. I didn't even know what it would be like to have magic again, but it feels pretty awesome. Although, it's still a bit awkward when it comes to using spells. Considering we haven't had magic in such a long time." He chuckled, before Alphabittle took the ten bits and placing them into the register. Just as he withdrew ten token and sliding them over towards the unicorn mare. "You're telling me, I didn't expect a non unicorn pony to help me when Maretime Bay was taken over. However, I was surpassingly wrong. Let's just hope that little brat learned his lesson and can change from that." Alpha would say, referring to the young brat as Sprout.

"Thanks for helping us out, sir. I'll make sure to show Lily around on some of the games. Since it's her first time being here and all." Dynamo explained, while Alphabittle nodded. "Fair enough, Lily. Your aunt and uncle sell the finest hayseeds Bridelwood has ever had or seen. Also, that's fine by me, Dynamo. Just make sure you two enjoy your date now, you hear?" Alpha chuckled loudly as he saw a blush form on Dynamo's cheeks. "W-What do you mean, sir? I mean, we just met today and everything." He stuttered out, while the arcade owner looked the two up and down. "I don't know. I think you two make a couple of lovebirds. The couple and not the actual animals, of course." He winked as she shooed them away.

@Dynamo Pad

Lilly nods "just goes to show that prejudice can be a dangerous thing" she says and takes the tokens "I can't believe that Izzy was right all along, anyway, I'll be sure to tell them your prai..." She then stops mid sentence when he said they make a cute couple and to have fun on their date, she blushes then giggles "taking lessons from my aunt in being a match maker, are we?" She teases back

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo nodded in agreement as he managed to find his voice. "You can say that again. That, and an act of fear taking over our way of living really kept us all apart. If it weren't for Izzy and the others, then I can't truly say what our lives would be like now." As he continued to listen to Lily, he thought he had seen a blush glowing upon her cheeks, before hearing her giggle. Upon hearing about the words match maker, Dynamo's blush returned full force as his jaw dropped in surprise. Seeing the two blush was all apart of Alphabittle's plan, but he still nodded nonetheless. "Maaaaaaybe, but can you blame me? I think you two are a cute couple upon first glance, but that could just be me. After all, who do you think taught me those lessons in regards to being a match maker?" He winked with a chuckle as he was referring to Lily's aunt.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

She shakes her head and smiles "if you're not careful Alphabittle, my aunt will try matching you with either Philys or Queen Haven" she quips back at him, it was pretty clear that Lilly felt comfortable around the old stallion.

She'd then smile and look to Dynamo, "come on, let's go win those plushies for Izzy"

@Scarlet Rose

Hearing about being matched with Phylis or the Queen of Zephyr Heights made the old stallion chuckle. "Oh, please. Like I have a chance with either of them. I think I'll find the right mare when she comes. After all, nobody can deny my dashing good looks." Alpha responded, posing and flexing which gained a couple of chuckles from Dynamo, as well as a few of the patrons. As his chuckling quieted down, Dynamo looked towards Lily with a nod at the mention of winning plushies for Izzy. "O-Okay and sounds like a plan. Time to win us some plushies!" He cheered, while unintentionally grabbing Lily's hoof into his own without thinking. All the while making their way towards the multiple prize grabber's. Seeing the way Dynamo had grabbed Lily's hoof as he lead her over towards the other games caused Alphabittle to smirk at the potential young couple. "Have fun you two!" He called out to them, before attending to anyone else that needed help or showed up at the front counter.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Lilly would giggle and go with Dynamo "Alpha has been good friends with my family for as long as I remember, that's how I am so comfortable around him" she'd explain to Dynamo, as she would put a token in the game.

Meanwhile, a middle aged unicorn mare would come in with a group of fillies and colts "now remember, play nice, no pushing or shoving and no using magic to cheat" she'd remind them before leaning on a wall, clearly a bit overwhelmed 

@Scarlet Rose

As Lily went with him over towards the claw machine, Dynamo’s ears had perked as he heard his companion giggle. He had to admit that it sounded cute, in his opinion. Glancing his eyes towards her as they walked side by side, the gaming unicorn hummed as he learned more about Alphabittle. Raising a curious eyebrow all the while. “I didn’t know that about Mr. Alpha. I remember the first time I met him, he was trying to do bets with other patrons at the arcade. He did say he was kidding after he challenged me to see if I could work here. He even said when he lost his quote on quote ultimate challenge, he had a change of heart. It’s kind of funny, in a way. When I played against him, it felt like I could understand him. Sort of like when you play video games, it’s like words are not needed to be said. As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words. We basically had fun as he got to learn about me through games. Ever since then, I’ve been working here and helping out whenever I can.” He explained to Lily as they arrived at the games. “So, what do you think? Is there any plush that you’re interested in getting out of this machine?” He asks, his eyes trailing around the glass container filled with multiple stuffed animals.

Meanwhile, Alphabittle had finished up handing a prize to a couple of ponies, before hearing the doorbell ring. Looking up to see who was here, he smiled as middle aged mare with a group of fillies and colts had appeared. As the kids roamed off from the mare’s instructions, Alpha had cupped a hoof wound his mouth. “No running in the arcade, kids. You wouldn’t want to trip and fall.” He advised, before seeing the overwhelmed expression on the mare’s face. Concerned for the mare’s well being, Alpha stepped around the front desk, before heading to where the made was leaning. “Excuse me, ma’am. Are you okay? You’re not hurt or there’s no trouble, is there?” He asks upon arrival, while trying to grab the mare’s attention.

@Dynamo Pad

Lilly smiles and nods "week everyone was always so depressed and sad without our magic, I guess he thought the "con" he was running was adding a bit of excitement to everyone's lives" she'd explain as she would then look in the machine "oh that little white kitten, Izzyb would love that"

Sugar Buttons looked up and smiles a little "oh no, I'm fine, thank you though, just, it's their first excursion since we all became with the Pegasi and Earth ponies, lots of different things to remember now"

@Scarlet Rose

"I remember that all too well. I think that earth pony was also saying the bad words that we had to stop by our ritual. I know I tend to still be superstitious, but I'm so glad we don't have to worry about that anymore." Dynamo responded with a chuckle. "Saying Ping Pong was fun at first, but then it got a little old. Although, I do get what you mean as Alpha did seem to mean well. There were times that it seemed like he was able to outplay others and get their belongings. He does seem to have a change of heart or has understood better when helping out Izzy and the others." He would say, taking notice of the kitten in the machine. "That's not a bad spot for the plush to be in and it looks like you can grab it easily. Plus, I think Izzy will love it. Just insert the token into the machine and the claw will be able to move. My advice is to have the shadow of the claw over the prize you want and then hit the button to have the claw drop. After that, you just got to hope that the claw doesn't let go or drop at an odd angle. I've had that happen a couple of times, so it can be a bit frustrating." He explained as he wanted to help in giving Lilly the best possible chance to succeed.

"You're welcome and it's not problem, ma'am. Just doing my job in looking out for others in both the arcade and in the village." Alphabittle responded, chuckling with a nod. "You don't have to tell me twice. Even now, I'm still trying to get used to not calling Earth ponies or Pegasi names. I can imagine it's a bit awkward for them, as well. I still think that it'll all become better in due time. By the way, my name is Alphabittle. It's nice to meet you, Miss...?" He extended his hoof for a hoof shake as he hadn't seen this mare before.

@Dynamo Pad

Lily would nod, following his directions "He's a bit rough around the edges but he does mean well" she'd say "he used to foalsit me when I was little." She smiles as the clear grabbed the kitten "and I think you mean Hitch, but I agree, those rituals were just plain... silly" she giggles and drops the kitten into the chute "I got it!" She exclaims happily 

Sugar smiles "a lot of old superstitions we all need to let go of, but at lost we're not hating each other anymore" she smiles a bit more "Sugar Buttons, and I know who you are Alpha" she'd grin a bit "you used to run the Crystal Tea House"

@Scarlet Rose

"You can say that again. Had to get to know Alpha personally after he accepted me as an employee, as well as I want to say his apprentice." He shrugged his shoulders as he wasn't too sure on that last part. Even though he was told that by the older stallion. "That's pretty cool that he used to foalsit for you. What was he like? Was he the same as always, or something that I don't know?" He asks, genuinely curious about his boss, before chuckling at the mention of Hitch. "Thank you for clearing that up and I think I need to get used to their names. We only met them once, but it's nice to see them every now and then. I'm not proud to admit it, but I'm not the best when it comes to names. I don't know how Izzy does it, but glad it's not just me on what we used to do being silly at times." He would say, before the kitten was picked up just as it was dropped into the chute. "Alright! Great job, Lily!" He cheered, grinning as he pulled her into a hug without warning. Opening his eyes in realization, he quickly let go from the hug and jumped back. "S-Sorry about that Lily. I just did that without thinking. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I'm the type of pony who loves to give hugs." He chuckled sheepishly with a blush upon his cheeks.

"I guess old habits die hard, but you make a valid point. Equestria wasn't built in a day, after all. So, all we need is some time." Alpha smiled, before being caught off guard that the now known Sugar knew of him. "I think I've seen you around Bridlewood, but I didn't catch you name before. My apologize, Sugar, but it's definitely nice to meet you. Also, that's right. I used to run the Crystal Tea House and still do. From time to time, of course. I've just been managing the arcade more to expand my fondness for games for the other residents." He explained with a proud smile.

@Dynamo Pad

Lily would blush slightly at being hugged by Dynamo but smile "It's alright, it was a bit unexpected is all" she would tell him, nodding "He was like a uncle really, like the fun kind of uncle who didn't mind getting to the level of a filly and playing games and even played tea party with me" she smiles, gently hugging the plush "and yeah, Izzy is just so hyper-active, it's like her blood is caffeine or something" she'd laugh, going to the other machine "This next one is going to difficult, it's the puppy over there see" she points to a puppy plush that was somewhat buried.

Sugar would smile a little "That's always a good thing to do, sharing your passion with others" she'd tell him "I mean I only really just recently started teaching, with the influx of new ponies arriving and all, I thought it would be nice for the foals to be taught the correct history along with basic life things"

@Scarlet Rose

"O-Okay and again, I'm really sorry about the random hug." Dynamo responded, seeing a blush appear on Lily's cheeks. However, he smiled back as he saw a smile of her own. "Alpha does seem to have that attitude now that you mention it. I won't say anything to him about the tea party, but I think it's rather sweet." He would have thought the idea of Alphabittle in a tea party was funny, but he knew it wouldn't be right to laugh. Considering that he thought it was kind that his boss was there for someone that he considered family. "You can say that again about Izzy. If her blood was actually caffeine, then I'd be really worried when she has a sugar crash." He chuckled, blushing slightly at how cute Lily looked hugging her plush. As she headed over to the other machine, Dynamo had looked over to see the plush in question. "The puppy plush, huh?" He asks, noticing the plush was sitting in an odd angle. It wouldn't be easy, but Dynamo had an idea. "Hey, Lily? I know we just met and all, but do you trust me?" He asks, waiting patiently to see what the mare had thought.

"You've got that right, Sugar. It's also a pretty nice way to show that passion that you have. I believe that it's really sweet to help the young milds of our next generation to learn of our olden history. I can imagine some of the other races of ponies are coming her to try and learn from you." Alphabittle smiled, before a thought crossed his mind. "There is one thing I am wondering. Do you have any of the correct information? I don't doubt you, but I haven't even thought about the possibility of even having the correct history. With how we all acted towards one another, you can imagine why kind of false information we all wrote to teach others." He sighed, shaking his head as he knew that they couldn't change the past, but they could now work to better the present and future.

@Dynamo Pad

Lily would think for a moment and nod, she really wanted to get the plush for Izzy and Dynamo did seem the trustworthy type, so she would nod "Sure, what's your idea?" she would ask him, getting out a token to play the game "I'm ready when you are, and we can tell Izzy that the plushies are from both of us" she smiles to him "And you're right, the sugar and caffeine crashes would be catastrophic" she'd giggle

Sugar would nod "Misinformation is what caused the rift in the first place, at least that is what I believe" she'd tell him, "And Miss Sunny let me borrow her father's research and everything else she had, so I could teach as close to the truth as we have" shed smile to him a little, "And of course, as they're all young, there's lots of songs and shows being written and produced to teach the correct history and way to treat each other"

@Scarlet Rose

After waiting patiently for Lily's thoughts on his suggestion of an idea, Dynamo smiled as she was now in agreement. "Okay! My idea is that the plush that you want looks tricky. So, maybe we can work together. You still use the controls, but maybe I can help guide you, so we can get the prize. What do you think?" He asks as she had gotten another token out to play the prize grabber. "I'm okay with that idea as there will be two plushies. So, it can be one from each of us." He smiled, before chuckling with a nod in agreement. "You can say that again. Can you imagine? Izzy being on a sugar rush, before suddenly crashing randomly? I'd be concerned as I'd check to make sure that Izzy would be okay. I usually drink cola or other soda like beverages. Coffee is okay, but it's not my cup of tea."

Aplhabittle hummed with a nod. "It's been so long that I almost forgot what even caused the rift to begin with. Although, I concur that misinformation played a huge part in it." He would say, recalling Sunny's name as her father's research was brought up. "That reminds me. I believe she had mentioned her father before. If I'm correct, then I think his name was Argyle. Even if it's not recorded teachings like you'd find in a library, it's still valuable information. Perfect for trying to bring the actual truth to light." He returned the smile with one of his own. "At least you'll be able to teach the young ponies the correct way. Especially with how young they are, they can be very impressionable if they see something like the adults hating the other pony tribes. At least with how things are going now, they'll be able to learn right from wrong. It'll take some time, but I have a feeling that things will be like how they were before the rift had happened. I have a feeling that you'll do great things, Sugar."

@Dynamo Pad

She would nod and smile a little "I think you'd be right there, if Izzy had a sudden crash, everyone around would stop what they were doing to make sure she was alright" she'd say to him, "And I do like coffee, but soda and energy drinks are more my 'cup of tea' as you just said" she would giggle lightly before she would then nod to his idea "Sure, I think we can do that, so like..I still hold the controls, but you hold my hooves with yours to guide them?" she'd ask him.

She would nod "Yes, that is his name, Argyle." she smiles and nods "I actually read a story of prejudice in the journal, apparently there was a race called Zebras, and there was this one Zebra named Zecora, that the residents of Ponyville, that was a town in Equestria, that was scared of her because they thought she was scary. It took the Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends to dispel the myths about Zecora. But that took less than a day, rather than..how-ever long we had this dumb 'war' with the Earth Ponies and Pegasus for." she then smiles more "And thank you, I do hope I can find more information on the history of Equestria"