Banner by ~ NomadSpellbrush

This is cool.

Warning: Big image, so behind a spoiler

Spoiler

Sunnys_transformation.png

Remarks:

Spoiler

Sunny's transformation is more drawn out

Izzy remarks that her sparkle has become rainbow, and she's never seen anyone's sparkle change

Most interestingly, Sprout gets a little comeuppance; he gets levitated by unicorn magic hanging upside down, Phyllis asks him, "what do we say when we've done something wrong?" he replies sorry, then when asking if he was a good sheriff, Phyllis just flat out says no.

• Brohoof 1
Badges

Honestly that would have made the movie so much better. My only big gripe with the movie was the weak ending, and this alternate one would have been pretty good in comparison.

• Brohoof 3

Not too much different here, Sprout still would have needed a bit more karma than that. :P I guess they changed it because they didn't feel Phyllis was "reformed" enough to make that scene work. There is other stuff in the storyboards with Alphabittle that looks cool though, and any more of Argyle would've been great considering that he went so soon. 

• Brohoof 2

Would’ve improved the movie after all IMO. Still needed more karma for Sprout though. Guy started a race war. Needs more than to be made to apologize. 

That’s so much better! My main gripe with the movie is how rushed the ending was and how Sprout was such a weak villain who didn’t even get a good talking to after he had knocked the lighthouse down. This still doesn’t fix it but at least he gets karma for it.

• Brohoof 2
  • Hug 1
Badges

you know at this point anything can make a movie great once it's released. because it's never enough for most of us. it's like playing chess.... when you spectate a match you see the board clearly. but once you're in the chair and playing, its a whole new level...

My thoughts? Well, not too much of a difference when it comes to the Sunny-corn bit, but Sprout's comeuppance should've been in the final product as he manipulate everypony in town throughout the film, yet he didn't held any accountability in the end.

I guess they had to cut it due to time constraints, but even then that's no excuse.

• Brohoof 2
  • Hug 1
Badges

I won't mind if they did what Boruto did.... they made episodes of the movie.... at least this way they can fix and remove the cuts they made on the movie.... like they can dedicate 5 episodes for a wither and better version of the movie?

I just wish they didn't cheap out on these things in the movies and show. It really gives them a bad look to not have it in the actual finished product.