Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Spike, Stronger than we thought.

Tocachi

Hello Mares and Gentlecolts!

I was hoping to have your opinion about my idea of crossover for a future fanfic, with Spike as the main character, I named this idea as "Spike, Path of Ashes".

First of all, the crossover theme. I decided to cross MLP with GOW (God of War 2018) as a for Spike to live an epic adventure without the Mane 6 and following Kratos and Atreus to acomplish Faye´s last wish.

Also I took the desition of going full to the story of the game (and not to turn aside with the side quest or "favors"... unless it´s neccesary) just to not make some scenarios too repetitive (like fighting the valkiries).

Spike with this adventure will be capable to meet Atreus and together grow physical and mentally talking during the journey.

And with the announcement of "God of War Ragnarök" there´s a posibility of making a secuel call "Spike, Destiny of the Gods", where a lot of complicating things will happen with the Great War coming soon.

This is a little Synopsis of the fic:  

Synopsis: Spike, fed up with feeling weak, decides to embark on a journey, where he will meet two beings, who will help him grow while trying to fulfill a promise.

I´ll be waiting for your critiques, see you soon.

Edited by Tocachi

As somewhat of a writer, I can tell you right now, this will be very challenging. 

Why you ask?

Well, it is because of an important trait called character preservation. What this means is that the way you write the character is the way he/she is portrayed in a canon setting. There is a little wiggle-room, but not as much as you think. The God of War series can become very violent. Although I haven't played any of the games myself, I've seen clips and gameplay.  

• Brohoof 1

Hello Thunder Dash!

Thank you a lot for the answer. As you said, this proyect will be very challenging.

I´m concious about the character preservation that´s why I´m planning to write the story while looking at a gameplay of GOW (2018) to catch every dialogue and describe with presition every scenario and modify it to add my own ideas (if it´s neccesary) .

I know very well the violence in the saga/franchise but I suppose that´s the charm of writting a fic like this. A innocent baby dragon going to a jouney in a dangerous place growing to know that the world is not always in bright colors, just like Atreus.

Thank you again for the answer.

9 minutes ago, Tocachi said:

Hello Thunder Dash!

Thank you a lot for the answer. As you said, this proyect will be very challenging.

I´m concious about the character preservation that´s why I´m planning to write the story while looking at a gameplay of GOW (2018) to catch every dialogue and describe with presition every scenario and modify it to add my own ideas (if it´s neccesary) .

I know very well the violence in the saga/franchise but I suppose that´s the charm of writting a fic like this. A innocent baby dragon going to a jouney in a dangerous place growing to know that the world is not always in bright colors, just like Atreus.

Thank you again for the answer.

No problem. The beauty of this story concept lies within the realism. Use the realism to your advantage, as this is what would guide the story and contribute to Spike's maturity growth throughout the story.

• Brohoof 1