Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This kind of sounds like a stupid question but, would FIM still have gotten popular if 4chan wasn’t around?

phantompone1148

Well, that's hard to say. The reason why the show became popular as it is was because of 4chan. However, it was popular ironically. 4chan was joking around by making memes out of it. Hasbro didn't really know if FiM was a big hit since 1) it aired on The Hub, a network that no one had at the time, and 2) despite being a popular franchise, MLP was looking at as a joke by the general public.

If 4chan never exist, I can guarantee you that no one would even care that much and the show would end after Season 3.

• Brohoof 2

@phantompone1148

The section Pony Life is designated for, as the name indicates, discussing the series Pony Life. Talking about the brony/pegasister fandom or MLP:FiM indirectly belongs in Sugarcube Corner.

Your thread has been moved there.

2 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

Well, that's hard to say. The reason why the show became popular as it is was because of 4chan. However, it was popular ironically. 4chan was joking around by making memes out of it. Hasbro didn't really know if FiM was a big hit since 1) it aired on The Hub, a network that no one had at the time, and 2) despite being a popular franchise, MLP was looking at as a joke by the general public.

If 4chan never exist, I can guarantee you that no one would even care that much and the show would end after Season 3.

So basically what you’re saying is is that Pretty much the only reason why the show got so popular was because of 4chan? Correct me if I’m wrong

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, phantompone1148 said:

So basically what you’re saying is is that Pretty much the only reason why the show got so popular was because of 4chan? Correct me if I’m wrong

I'd put more on the "Faust on MLP means creative cartoons are dead" article that crapped on G4 before it was out.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, phantompone1148 said:

Yeah pretty much.

8 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

I'd put more on the "Faust on MLP means creative cartoons are dead" article that crapped on G4 before it was out.

Yeah, there's that.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-10-11 at 9:40 PM, phantompone1148 said:

I’m pretty sure a majority of this community knows what 4chan is. But one question that’s been on my mind for a long time is that, what friendship is magic still have become a global phenomenon if it was not around?

I don't want to give 4chan credits here.... But. it is the only explanation really, for its global popularity. :worry:

• Brohoof 2

Likely not. 4chan is pretty much like it’s been said. Why the series blew up in popularity. Maybe it’d gained some popularity still. But I doubt it’d gotten as big. 

I don't know what 4chan is, but I 've heard negative things. The kind of things that make me believe it is hub where people with unresolved negative ego issues and trauma gather to exercise their misery by means of desensitized interactions and practices. Due to personal distortions of mental, physical, emotional and spiritual character. Resulting in un-wholesome exchanges of energy. So, I stay away, as it is the case when interacting with damaged or broken souls on this beautiful, albeit extremely traumatized and amnesic planet.

Either way, I can say that I like the show for what it is. There could be no fandom, and I still would like it. So, I think the merit is on FiM, while understanding that part of its popularity is influenced by all types of mediums.

Edited by They call me Loyalty