Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you (if at all) stop watching MLP:FiM?

phantompone1148

When did you stop watching Friendship is Magic?  

27 users have voted

1. 1. When did you stop watching Friendship is Magic?

• By S3 Finalie
    • By S5 Finalie
    • By S6/7
    • By S8/9
    • I never stopped watching the show

Around the start of season 8. The magic of the show was missing. It didn't draw me in like older seasons still do. I didn't make any judgment at the time. But one day, I just stopped watching altogether. There wasn't really much purpose for the show to keep going, but they kept adding clutter like the school of friendship. While the main drive of the show was already done, so most of the mane six felt pointless. And considering twilight started becoming less and less relatable as the show went on. Well, let's say it wasn't for me anymore.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-10-12 at 10:38 PM, They call me Loyalty said:

Around the start of season 8. The magic of the show was missing. It didn't draw me in like older seasons still do. I didn't make any judgment at the time. But one day, I just stopped watching altogether. There wasn't really much purpose for the show to keep going, but they kept adding clutter like the school of friendship. While the main drive of the show was already done, so most of the mane six felt pointless. And considering twilight started becoming less and less relatable as the show went on. Well, let's say it wasn't for me anymore.

Same.

I stopped watching for the most part after season 6 due to changing interests and me not liking season 6. However, over 3 years later during quarantine I rewatched Seasons 1-5 and rediscovered my love for the show. Although the seasons after are just mediocre/okay in my opinion and don't have the magic of the previous seasons, I ended up watching through the later seasons too. For all of my issues with them, they had just enough great episodes in them to make the watch worth it. 

Edited by Lone Traveler
  • Brohoof 1