Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Take On MLPFIM #102 And The IDW Run

BBally

I finished reading the final issue of IDW's MLPFIM comic series and yeah the whole thing felt rushed. Though, I don't think you could blame the comic team for that. From what I understand, Season 10 was supposed to be essentially two years of comics, which got cut back drastically while they were being made because of the pandemic and likely because Hasbro wanted to have G5 related comics as soon as possible.

But you know what, I still liked it regardless of its flaws.

What I liked: more backstory for Zecora, the Pinkie Cheese ship, Capper's arc from the movie prequel comic getting a conclusion, I prefer the designs used for the Diamond Dogs in season 10 (wasn't a fan of the diamond dog design used in the show) and the diamond dog royal sisters are adorable and must be protected and Captain Celaeno's arc.

What I didn't care for: not enough Student Six (that forgotten pony tribe arc from their mini-series went nowhere), Shining Armor being jobbed again and more Trees of Harmony coming out of nowhere and how rushed it felt (though that last part is mostly due to the plan two year run being cut short). And the Knights of Harmony feels pretty hit and miss but again, that could be because of the original plan being cut short.

Overall, I still liked most of Season 10 and really glad I've read the IDW run as a whole even with its flaws.

But we still have one final comic before we move on to G5, the Generations mini-series, which might end up a proper finale to the entire G4 comic line and G4 as a whole.

13 hours ago, BBally said:

But we still have one final comic before we move on to G5, the Generations mini-series, which might end up a proper finale to the entire G4 comic line and G4

Don’t be too sure. Both the main comics and Transformers x MLP II ended with cliffhangers

• 2 months later...
On 2021-10-20 at 10:59 PM, Megas said:

Don’t be too sure. Both the main comics and Transformers x MLP II ended with cliffhangers

you know that's probably true IDW is in lots of trouble now. it's just sad to me that the comics had a very rushed ending. Don't get me wrong i agree will the OP it's not terrible. Looks like now that last bit of G4 content we will have is going to be Generations.

• 7 months later...
On 2021-12-29 at 7:41 PM, FlitterFlutter said:

you know that's probably true IDW is in lots of trouble now. it's just sad to me that the comics had a very rushed ending. Don't get me wrong i agree will the OP it's not terrible. Looks like now that last bit of G4 content we will have is going to be Generations.

Its sad to see the comics ended on a bad note for Spike

With season 10 ignoring the fact he's part of the Elements now.
And he missed out of the Generations crossover for no freaking reason