Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do I have a feeling Hasbro is gonna kill off G5 soon?

Gabi

On 2021-11-14 at 7:13 PM, Kujamih said:

...they have 2 OVAs and 2 seasons in on gen 5......what made that early? that pretty much solidified gen 5....... it's actually up to US now if we want gen 5 to last longer....

SO BUY THEIR MERCH NOW NOW NOW:derp:..... 

but seriously if you want it to last longer buy their merch.

Once they release something that’s really appealing to me, I’m game >_>. Man, I’d kill if they release a G5 adaptation of Cutie Mark Crew. I miss ‘em diabeetus chibi horses  :sunny:

8 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Once they release something that’s really appealing to me, I’m game >_>. Man, I’d kill if they release a G5 adaptation of Cutie Mark Crew. I miss ‘em diabeetus chibi horses  :sunny:

uuuuu I want one of those too!

and crosses fingers a "KOTOBUKIYA" Brand pwease....

• 7 months later...
On 2021-10-21 at 4:35 AM, Gabi said:

I don't know why but I've been having this feeling that Hasbro will just kill Gen 5 off before it gets off the ground. Is anyone having this feeling or am I just going crazy?

Lol, you are not the only one. I don't know what you mean exactly by "kill before it gets off the ground" but when I look at it then it seems to me like it's a project for two or maybe three seasons. It probably won't be truth if New Generation will spread its wings. We will find out it soon. But yesterday I was thinking exactly the same. :laugh: Maybe that's just the way it is. The G4 was also planned for 2-3 seasons at the start. Business. Business as usual.

In light of the way the series seems to be going several months into the future, I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro were to pull the plug early, though time will tell, and a lot will most certainly hinge on MYM being good (yes, I'm still holding onto hope for that).  

It will largely depends on toy sales & such, but I don't see much reason to suspect that G5's plug will be pulled early. Opinions & such about quality of the visual media is subjective, but I've largely seen positive remarks regarding TyT & such, and I saw plenty of hype following MyM, so....we'll see. I think G5 will last a good while. :)

• Brohoof 1

Now I wonder what G6 would be about..... I mean, if G5 was killed, they would have to start over.

G5 will not be killed, unless Netflix goes down before MyM starts. But that would be Netflix's problem and not Hasbro.

• Brohoof 2