Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the G5 film worth watching?

DJStarRocket

I think at the end everyone needs to find it out for themself. So take a watch :>

For me:

I love this movie almost as much as I love G4. And this saying already a lot cause my love comes from characters, a worlds, story telling etc. which evolved over 9 seasons and a pure and rich fandom since I joined so late. 

That this  movie - which I was so sceptical about - caught me within the first couple of minutes and never let me loose again tells everything what you need to know. If the upcoming show similar good and build on it and use their resources right, well than I'm convinced G5 will have at least 9 seasons as well :>

• Brohoof 3

You will expect nothing you can’t find in other modern animated films, but I think it’s competent in the category. I do think it’s better than the G4 film, surprisingly enough 

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, DJStarRocket said:

Is "A New Generation" worth watching or is it worst than people said it would?

It can't be that bad?

I watched 3 episodes of Pony Life before, and I survived. That was a horrible experience! And it was G4!!!

The G5 movie was very okay! Maybe a little bit too safe in my opinion? Like, you can watch it with your family without feeling like a Brony? I want to be a Brony, so disappoint!

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Is the G5 film worth watching?
On 2021-10-23 at 11:18 PM, DJStarRocket said:

Is "A New Generation" worth watching

This movie is really good. Story is nicely done. Characters are strong collectively. Songs are great. Animation is breathtaking. Definite recommendation! :yay:

• Brohoof 3

Different people are saying different things.

Personally, I thought the movie was good, and deserved a better ending than it actually had.  I won't spoil it, but I will say the climax left a bad taste in my mouth, and made me feel like I was being jerked around---one of the characters got a G-4-like epiphany out of nowhere, with no explanation for where she got the idea in the first place, and to some degree her epiphany out-and-out nullified a chunk of the plot...and yet somehow didn't, all at the same time.  You'd have to see it to understand what I mean.

That said, the majority of the movie's runtime was actually pretty good.  Room for improvement, but overall worth watching.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...