Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

is worth watching Equestria girls?

Seabro

Is equestria girls worth to watch?  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Is Equestria Girls worth to watch? What do you think?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't know.

tbh first movie and rainbow rocks are pretty good :ButtercupLaugh: I'm not the biggest EG fan but rainbow rocks is worth watching, it has a good story and cool music :coco:

The characters and the style of storytelling are the same or similar as in FiM. The humor is also pretty good.

The setting is different, it's a high school and there is not much world building.

The stories are less interesting (in my opinion) than in FiM, with some exceptions like Forgotten Friendship and Sunset's Backstage Pass. (I don't think Rainbow Rocks has a good story, but it has some other interesting things, especially the villains, music, and ending.)

The music is as good as in FiM.

So, in conclusion, I enjoyed watching EG, but not as much as the ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say you should watch them :BrightMacContent: It's true that it's not necessarily canon and are less interesting, but it is something new :huh:. However, you can skip the Legend of Everfree one :please: it's just the most uninteresting :ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by Gaines
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Gaines said:

I'd say you should watch them :BrightMacContent: It's true that it's not necessarily canon and are less interesting, but it is something new :huh:. However, you can skip the Legend of Everfree one :please: it's just the most uninteresting :ButtercupLaugh:

I love the LoE songs though. And you need at least a grasp of the plot to LoE to understand why they are all doing the "magical girl" thing in the episodes after the movies end.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Seabro said:

I tried watching a little bit of the start but i din't liked at all, so, what you guys think?

The first movie is really not that great. However, it is fun to watch the Bronies React to it, and actually all the movies.

Going from the range of bad to good to excellent to way too good... You have a special called Forgotten Friendship that I rank as the 2nd all favorite episode/special/movie of both FIM and Equestria Girls combined! Only FIM's Frenemies episode beats it (not counting episodes with celebrity actors, such as The Perfect Pear and Sounds of Silence).

Why I really like Equestria Girls:

On 2021-10-16 at 7:38 PM, Lone Traveler said:

As much as I do like Equestria Girls in general, I do not like the girls' designs. The legs are way too long and their head are way too big, they would look so much nicer if they looked more like actual humans.  That being said, I got used to the weird design pretty quickly, and the actual movements and animation looks really good (with the exception of the first movie). I think the Equestria Girls movies and specials were really fun, even the ones I thought were rather flawed. I just really like the way the characters play off each other and I think that putting them in a human world was a fun idea. Like the show, it had such a positive and charming vibe. It had the same loveable characters in an environment that was completely different from the show, but also one they felt natural in, it opened up a ton of fun concepts involving magic, and it had an awesome new character on top of that! I thought that Equestria Girls was a really dumb idea before I actually watched the movies, but they managed to totally sell me on it! I always really hoped it would become its own show, especially after FIM declined so much. 

Overall, yes you should watch it. It features the same great characters as the show and was made by the same people, if you are a fan of Friendship is Magic there is a very good chance you will like Equestria Girls as well. I personally thought it was a dumb concept but I really liked the first 3 movies when I actually watched them. I would recommend starting by watching Rainbow Rocks, since that is far superior to the 1st movie in almost every way, is where Sunset (the main advantage Equestria Girls has over the main show) first showed her strength as a character, and has some of the most memorable songs and villains in all of MLP. It also recaps the first movie well enough that its not really necessary to understand what is going on. 

Edited by Lone Traveler

Everyone needs to find this out for themself.

For me: I don't hate it, I don't regret it that I watched it (twice) and maybe will come back to it in the future. But I definitely prefer MLP:FiM. Never liked the designs for humans in EqG and Ponies are much more adorable, but there is the same positivity in it as in MLP:FiM

It's ultimately your decision, it's fine if you don't like it and it's fine if you do. I personally never watched it since it doesn't seem interesting to me, so I can't exactly say my opinion on it's quality.

I think it definitely is! The first movie is meh, but the other movies are all really good! There are lot of interesting characters in it that you don't see in FiM, Sunset Shimmer being the most obvious one. I'm glad Equestria Girls exists, and I wish it had become a fully-fledged TV series like FiM.

On 2021-10-28 at 11:24 PM, CypherHoof said:

Indeed. the scene with Sunset Shimmer and Celestia is soooo good....

I feel like you should have quoted my post instead, as I was talking about Forgotten Friendship :mlp_smug:

My whole obsession, ending in me joining this forum, was because of that scene :mlp_yeehaa: