Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

is worth watching Equestria girls?

Seabro

Is equestria girls worth to watch?  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Is Equestria Girls worth to watch? What do you think?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't know.

Yeah, I recommend it. There were points where I honestly liked Equestria Girls more than Friendship is Magic. Honestly they're pretty similar to each other; I tend to think of them as the same show. Thankfully the art style of Equestria Girls improves as the series goes on. 

On 2021-10-26 at 11:03 PM, They call me Loyalty said:

And the only special I watched was awfully trite. I think it was the mirror one. So, there is that.

For whatever it's worth, every other Equestria Girls thing is better than that special. 

I liked The Friendship Games a lot; I like Twilight's story. Rainbow Rocks was awesome, but I thought the evil music was a little too good (for evil music--I love how in one of the episodes, we see those antagonists again, and how they are there; I liked that one a lot: I think that's where Sunset Shimmer relives the same day over and over).

• 1 month later...

EG is amazing.  If you have any qualms or misgivings about the high school setting like I did at first, put them aside and give it a chance, because it's outstanding.  The ideal experience, in my opinion, is to watch the entire G4 multiverse in chronological order, which goes:

S1

S2

S3

EG1

S4

EG2: RR

S5

EG3: FG

S6

EG4: LoE

S7:

Forgotten Friendship

Rollercoaster of Friendship

Magical Movie Trio

S8

Spring Breakdown

Backstage Pass

Holidays Unwrapped

Best Gift Ever

S9

That's my G4 multiverse master list.  I could have the Magical Movie Trio slightly wrong, but it doesn't really affect anything.  I omitted the 2017 Pony movie because I don't acknowledge its existence because I was deeply offended by the animation change, and I omitted Rainbow Roadtrip for the same reason.  I also played a little fast and loose with Holidays Unwrapped.  Yes, I know it was released after S9, but I like to watch it before for two reasons: 1.) It meshes nicely back to back with the Pony wintery holiday special, Best Gift Ever, and 2.) I really like S9 to come last because when I do a big rewatch of the franchise, I want that book closing at the end of The Last Problem to be the last G4 thing that I see.

Now, if you really want to go the distance, put every single EG short in there too!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-01-07 at 11:00 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

Now, if you really want to go the distance, put every single EG short in there too!

At least those mostly don't reference Friendship is Magic, so you can just put them between seasons if you like. Also, don't forget the Friendship is Magic shorts, which fit between seasons 8 and 9. 

Edited by Thrond
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly I think the best way to watch Equestria Girls is to watch it all back to back separate from Friendship is Magic, so that it is a more focused experience. The only time it directly connects to the continuity of the show was in the first movie with Twilight struggling with becoming a princess.