Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scary Stories to tell in the Dark👻

Princess Luna

Moments ago, Kujamih said:

did you know that the name frank is not the most used name word....

it's DiCK!!!! BUMP BUMP BAAAAA!!! BADUM TSS....:laugh:

unless there's someone out there who is named F#ck then that is the most used name word....

• Brohoof 1

I have a few to tell of my own (this one is an embellished for storytelling points truth)...

Since I was little, I have had a love of the macabre, slightly unsettling even to myself. For many nights when I would go to sleep, I would ponder over those stories I had read in my head. It kept me in bed all night with fear. Not from the stories, but from what liked to feed off of my terror. It never would come out in light, and it did not like sacred symbols. I only saw it occasionally, a figure in white and grey robes, black gloves, and a two-toned black and white mask.  As I started to take up reciting the bon mantras my mother taught me , and started to take darker stuff more seriously, he came less and less, but I still see him occasionally out of the corner of my eye. Even as I write this, it watches me through the window, smiling... Dear God... I've let him in for this night...

• Brohoof 1

Their steps are hidden among the sounds of falling leaves. The hollow and their shepherds have come to mingle in the fading light of autumn. Restlessness has overtaken the dreaming specter of the world. From this day onward to the embertides of ash, be mindful when you cross the crossroads.

• Brohoof 1

I do remember something that scared me a few years ago that I can never forget. :ooh:

I was up late, at around 2 or 3 in the morning, completing some homework or something of the like, until suddenly I heard a knock on my front door. :wau: My studying desk is completely opposite to the front door of my house, so I didn't get too frightened since I was sort of far away from it, but I definitely found it strange. :confused: I didn't bother to go up to the door and just kept working on what I was doing. After about two minutes later, I heard another knock, but this time it wasn't from my front door, but actually the window that was just a few meters away in front of me. :blink: I looked at the window puzzled, but I didn't react too crazily. The blinds were closed, so I don't think anybody outside can see me. But after a few seconds after the first knock followed several more knocks. Now this really scared me and I responded by hiding under my desk. :sealed: After a couple of minutes, the knocks stopped, but then the doorbell rang. Strangely though, my fear turned into curiosity. I decided to walk up to the front door in such a way so that whoever is at the door cannot see me. But when I approached closer, I heard a voice calling my name. :huh: Once I heard the voice, everything inside of me calmed down. Why? Because the person outside was actually my mum! :love: Apparently she was outside putting our rubbish bins out in the front of our house for the garbage truck to collect in the morning, and she locked herself out while doing that. :ButtercupLaugh: She said she was outside doing this so late because she forgot to do it during the day. So yeah, that was kind of a funny experience for me, even though I got frightened a couple of times. Honestly, the whole thing was just so ridiculous that I can never forget it! :umad:

Edited by RaraLover
Fixed a few spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors.
  • Brohoof 3

Nightmare.... fever dream... something. This only happened for one night. I had a really horrid sore throat/chest couch. The kind that caused a kind of temporary sleep apnea. As I fell asleep, I can only guess I stopped breathing due to it. And as if my eyes weren't closed, I could see the room. A hooded dark figure was in the room, and moving towards me to strangle me. Fear of the being caused me to wake up, gasping for breath. Every time I fell asleep, this cycle would repeat. Never saw this again, but it still sticks out in my head over 20 years later.

I'll leave with one more "sleep paralysis" type dream, except this was just darned freaky. Normally that causes a feeling of pressure on the chest. This was nothing like that. It was very close to Nightmare Night. I'd been doing an interactive story with a friend. And being that the story involved characters getting sucked into a nightmare dimension, I took a rather oldschool approach full of cliches. Iron Maiden was playing "Fear of the Dark" at a concert, the sun was being devoured by a space monster and "eclipsing," a glowing octogram full of runes on the ground, and every manner of "night creature" was waiting in the shadows for the sun to vanish. We had just finished this arc of the story and I went to sleep. Sometime during the night I heard some kind of animal fight just outside the window. Maybe cats, or raccoons. No idea, and not even sure if I dreamed it. But whatever the situation, not long after, I remember waking up; I was on my chest, and I felt something large crawl onto my back. I could feel the pressure in incredible detail, enough to know it had four legs, and claws or talons. I also could feel the breath of the thing on my neck. It left me with this feeling that I had somehow done something offensive. It was no common animal. It was a creature of sorts, and it was angry. And the anger was somehow connected to what we had written. It never spoke, but the essence of this "threat" was clear. I didn't dare move. I was playing dead. I really didn't know what might happen if I moved and gave it the slightest inkling that I was alive or awake. I knew there was no way I'd be able to turn and fight or chase it away without it ripping my neck apart before I could even get a look at it. All I could to is stay there motionless, and hope it went away. Eventually, after what felt like an eternity, it did.

• Brohoof 1

I was staying with my family at La Hacienda in Alamos, Sonora, Mexico and used to hear footsteps every night as I was trying to nod off to sleep. I kept looking out to see who was awake that time of night but no one was there. I asked my dad, who then asked the caretaker who it might have been. The caretaker said it was the original owner of the place, long deceased, still roaming the halls. Stories abounded that people visiting with their pets would see their dogs sitting up, wagging their tails and looking up at someone no one else could see. It was a friendly ghost according to local stories, but still, hearing the footfalls of the dearly departed every night at bedtime was enough to keep me from drifting off to dreamland without a small dose of melatonin to lead the way.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I was staying with my family at La Hacienda in Alamos, Sonora, Mexico and used to hear footsteps every night as I was trying to nod off to sleep. I kept looking out to see who was awake that time of night but no one was there. I asked my dad, who then asked the caretaker who it might have been. The caretaker said it was the original owner of the place, long deceased, still roaming the halls. Stories abounded that people visiting with their pets would see their dogs sitting up, wagging their tails and looking up at someone no one else could see. It was a friendly ghost according to local stories, but still, hearing the footfalls of the dearly departed every night at bedtime was enough to keep me from drifting off to dreamland without a small dose of melatonin to lead the way.

We should have a show for Halloween/Nightmare Night called 'An Hour With Dreambiscuit'. :ithastolookpretty:

You can tell us scary stories.

Edited by TheRockARooster
  • Brohoof 2

40 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

We should have a show for Halloween/Nightmare Night called 'An Hour With Dreambiscuit'. :ithastolookpretty:

You can tell us scary stories.

Spending an hour with Dreambiscuit would be scary enough on its own without the stories. Especially if I'm having a bad mane day. 

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned