Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Adventure awaits, so get me out of here~! (1x1 with Pastel Heart)

Samurai Equine

@Pastel Heart

Trilby was taken off guard a little bit, but plays along. He takes Pastel in his hooves and pretends to run away. "Oh no~ I've become a thief and I'm taking the princess~! Somebody stop me." Trilby fights hard to suppress a giggle. But thankfully, they don't have to keep up the act for long. Once they get to their destination, he puts Pastel back down so she can explore the plaza to her hearts content.

"I want to get a Super Mareio Hat! And maybe get a bunch of event-exclusive merch." Trilby says.

"I wonder what celebrities are appears at this event..." Samurai says as he looks at some informational brochures.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Samurai Equine

Pastel and Neon went in two totally different directions, but their animation was the same. Kinda like the marionette statues from ALTTP.

Neon was off to some game shop. Some things being sold were a little risque. Neon caught some attention. "What's a mare doing in a place like this?" Some whispered. You usually wear some kind of social camouflage to buy from places like this, but Neon was practically invincible here. It was almost impressive. Almost.

Pastel would backtrack, and pulled Trilbys leg. Literally. "Hey hey, Trilly! You're with me, remember? We adventure together!" Pastel smiled adorably. She may have had a slightly underhooved motif but she genuinely liked being with Trilby.

---

In the brochure Samurai would read, it seemed there was a hero show going on later. Aimed at younger audiences but older ponies were welcome. There was also a filming set for the next Ponen Rider movie. It looked like a foreign mare was playing one of the villains... that looked oddly close to Neon Rain. Was this the project they were here for?

Just then...

"Um..."

A unicorn filly, Japonese, light blue coat with a long blond mane wrapped in two pigtails approached Samurai. Was she cosplaying? She was carrying a stack of mangas on her back, almost bigger than her. She lifted a manga up with her magic, presenting it to Samurai.

"Are you... Samurai-sama? I'd be honored if you could take a look at my work. They shut my stand down, so I have to carry these myself... I don't wish to impose, but... Would you be interested in a subtle romance story?"

Her light green eyes looked up at him sweetly. She seemed a little lost... What was a filly doing alone, selling a manga at a large convention like this?

@Pastel Heart

Trilby was about to go into a game shop when he notices Pastel wanting his attention. He smiles and pets her head. "You can always depend on me, partner. What fancies your attention first?" Trilby asks.

--------------------------------------------

Samurai was distracted at first. He really wanted to learn the ins and outs of this place. But his attention is grabbed when he sees a young cosplaying filly approach him. He smiles and takes the manga, hoping it's not something ecchi like in the works of a doujinshi. "Greetings, there. I'm afraid I'm not really interested in that kind of story, not unless it's with a pegasus. But I think I can help you out in a better way. IF they shut down your stand, I can help you get a new one, once I find the owner of this establishment. And who might you be?" Samurai asks her.

@Samurai Equine

"Well, you're heading in here, so I'll head in here too! Maybe they'll have what I want!~ maybe we can pick one out for eachother!" Pastel smiled. She blushed slightly as she nestled up to him.

----

The cover of the manga... seems rather out there... She described it as a subtle romance, but this cover is an absolute cluster of genres. Theres a giant mecha, a slasher, a magical girl, a big beefy pony like a character you'd see in Berserk, a medieval knight, and sure enough... Oh, theres the couple, a schoolpony and... a vampony.

Theres so much going on that it's hard to tell on the ssurface what this is trying to be.

Regardless of the absurdness of her work, the filly smiles and bows, looking a little shy and awkward.

"My name is-- Sakura Magitsu! I-If you can get my stand back, Samurai-sama, I will be very grateful! I'll even share my earnings with you as tribute! U-umm... If you follow me, I'll take you to the organizer, but... He won't exactly be happy to see me..."

...Just what kind of trouble was she in?

@Pastel Heart

Trilby is touched. He pulls Pastel into a caring hug. "Then let's do it, partner. Together." The crowd starts to gasp, and not in the good way, at their hug. Some of the citizens begin talking amongst themselves. "...Did we do something wrong?" Trilby asks. Most of the talkers are speaking Japonies, but some of them can be understood.
"They're hugging! Are they marefriend and coltfriend?"
"In broad daylight. How shameless."
"My mother told me to save stuff like that for marriage."
"Fooly cooly~! There's no way they're family with a hug like that~"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! What a comic! Samurai can't help but smile in spite of himself. He has no idea what he's feeling right now, but it's a positive feeling.

"Ah, Sakura-chan. Arigato gosaimasu desu. Please lead the way." Samurai does a light bow and lets her show the way. "He might not be happy with you, but he might change his mind when he talks to me." Samurai says, knowing the authority he carries.

He hangs on to the manga for now. He might need this later.

@Samurai Equine

Pastel blushed and pulled away. Whoops. She forgot where they were again. She grabbed his hoof and quickly darted into the PC game section.

She giggled awkwardly. "Oh, uh. Japone isnt exactly big on public expression... And we dont really look like siblings, so..."

She smiled, a little happy. She didn't mind all too much, herself, but... It was a little embarassing.

--

Sakura giggled for some reason. It sounded like a happy one, so whatever the reason, atleast it was a good giggle.

She quietly led Samurai into an open area, with a bunch of stands. There was one that was vacant, and a lean, rather nerdy looking pony with glasses was ordering two handyponies to move it.

"Mmm?" The lean pony turned around, his face paling as he sees Sakura, whose expression has changed to a rather belligerent, smug one, unfitting of a filly... and Samurai! Oh boy. "W-wait! Samurai-sama! Whatever this one has told you, she's entirely the one in the wrong!"

Sakura shot him a dark glance before looking up at Samurai with big, round eyes. "S-Samurai-sama! This awful adult says I can't have my stand, and hes telling all sorts of lies... Can you please make him stop?"

The organizer was utterly flabbergasted, but felt the need to defend himself anyway. "N-no! Don't let her appearance fool you! This mare has been smoking at this convention when policy specifically states that there are NO cigarettes allowed on the premises!" He insists as he holds up a used cigarette butt.

Sakura looked like she was about to cry. "L-Liar! I don't smoke! I'm just a cute little filly that wants to sell her beloved manga she worked so hard on! You believe me, right... Samurai-sama?" She curtsied in the most moe way imaginable.

@Pastel Heart

"Really? How odd. Of all the places to be inhibited like that..." Trilby says.

But who cares! They are in the store, and what a place it is! Trilby starts grabbing stuff to buy, including a Mareio hat in his size, games, accessories, and more! "It's been a while since I played video games! You'll totally play them with me, right Pastel?" Trilby asks.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Samurai walks up to this stallion, expecting to resolve this situation just by talking things out. Instead, accusations are being thrown.

"Oi, oi, oi! Let's calm down, shall we? So, somepony is smoking here. I suppose that is bad. But I think I know an easy way to settle this!" Samurai waves both Sakura and the stallion to come closer, as if he's going to tell them a secret. "I am going to ask you both to count to 10 slowly. And while you're counting, cross your hooves." Samurai instructs them and watches them do it.

The truth is? This is a distraction.
While they are counting and not paying attention, Samurai is activating his magic~

One cannot smoke cigarettes without fire. The fire creates smoke, ash, heat, and other similar reaction. Samurai's fire power will tell him who the real cigarette smoker is. He'll detect the heat and such in their lungs.

@Samurai Equine

Pastel quickly snapped out of the stupor she was in, bouncing up.

"Yeah! Let's totally play together~!"

She was snatching up merch of her own, including some cosplays, a replica Master Sword, a N64 controller modeled after a steering wheel, and... a Twilight Sparkle hug pillow. The smirk on her face was unashamed.

It was then that she eyed the PC section. She narrowed her eyes at the clerk for some reason, before looking to Trilby. "Psst, Trilly, Trilly~ I'm sending you on a top secret mission! I want you to ask for Shinigami Kiss. Okay? Okay! I believe in you!" She winked in encouragement. Why she couldn't get it herself was a mystery.

---

Both Sakura and the organizer were confused, but complied.

As the scenery darkens in the vision of Samurais magic, many sources of heat are seen.

Some from the takoyaki stand. Some from the grill selling western tofu. But only one source coming from the muzzle...

...From Sakuras. Looks like we had a world class liar on the premises!

@Pastel Heart

Trilby smiles and claps, approving her purchases selections.

"Hmm. Shinigami Kiss? Okay. I'll try my best." Trilby nods and proceeds to try and complete his mission. He walks up to the clerk. "Excuse me. Where can I find a copy of Shinigami Kiss?" Trilby asks, hoping his pronunciation is correct. He clearly has no idea what that title is about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samurai nods. This magic aids him well once again. "Yes, I see..." Before they can get past 7, Samurai puts a hoof on Sakura's shoulder. "It seems the event organizer was telling the truth. You've been smoking, and my fire magic can detect the smoke in your lungs. But don't worry, Sakura-chan. I'm not judging you. I just want to know why somepony as nice as you couldn't be honest with me."

@Samurai Equine

The clerk, no questions asked, without looking Trilby in the eye, searches under the desk for something before putting a game on the desk. It looks like the poster of a movie, with a small pony holding a huge scythe twice her size on the cover of it. Why this game is apart from the others is a mystery, though... the rating may have something to do with it...

Pastel simply awaits at the rendezvous point.

-----

Sakura freezes up. Her eyes widen like shes in trouble, but Samurais demeanor makes her look more guilty than afraid.

The organizer wasnt quite so calm. "See!? She's like this every year! She--"

Sakuras expression suddenly changes and she glares at the organizer. "URUSEI, KUSOKAO!"

...That sudden reaction makes the organizer immediately flee. This tiny filly(?) just scared off a fully grown adult. She turns back to Samurai, expression a mix of embarrassment and apologeticness. Quite a rollercoaster this one was. "Um... My apologies. That guy gives me a hard time every year, and I thought I could FINALLY not get kicked out this year with your help. I just really wanted to drive up some interest for my new project... Oh well."

She uses her magic to fire up a new cigarette, lighting it with her fire magic, as if over the entire situation.

(edited)

@Pastel Heart

Trilby pays for everything, including his own stuff and everything else Pastel wanted.

He walks over to her with bags full of stuff. "Check it out, Love! We've got a huge convention haul." Trilby says. At the same time, a cosplayer is sneaking up on them.

-----------------------------------

To her surprise, Samurai stops her from taking that first puff of her cigarette, putting his hoof over hers.

"Please, not inside. Outside only." To her surprise, Samurai gives her some bits. "I've all ready decided. I want a copy of this manga. I don't fully understand it, but based on the cover, it looks like it has something for everypony." Samurai is happy to put his copy away for now. "Now it's your turn. Please tell me why this manga means so much to you. I bet this project means a lot if you are willing to defend it so passionately."

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

"IPastel jumped up happily. "Super sweet! you're a hero, Trilby! A elemental hero!" She jumps around him happily. She may be frowned upon for giving a kiss or a hug, but dancing should he fine, even if eccentric. She didn't detect the cosplay sneaking up on then. Awareness 0.

---

Sakura doesn't even resist at the fact he denied her smoke. She looked up at him in admiration, or perhaps that was just her moe kicking in. She blinked, totally thrown off when he paid her. That was more than she's recieved in awhile. She teared up momentarily, but wiped her eyes to look up at Samurai.

"I...My family is a bunch of otakus... I wanna make them happy, so I want what I write to be a tribute to then... Please support it, Samurai-sama... I wish for it to be successful! So they can read it... and know that mama can still make them smile too!" She bowed. The cigarette fell out of her mouth when she started speaking. She spoke from the heart.

@Pastel Heart

"You'll have to tell me more about this title later on. The name is interesting. Doesn't the first word mea--AH!" Trilby's happy reply is interrupted when the cosplayer taps him on the back, roughly.

The cosplayer is NOT a pretty sight to behold. He is overweight and possibly not very good with hygiene. Also, he's cosplaying as a female anime character. "Ano... Don'na kankei ga arimasu ka?" He asks. Tribly just blinks. "Come again?" He asks. The cosplayer lets out a sigh of relief. "Oh, now I understand. You are both foreigners. That's why you were hugging. Sorry we were all rude earlier." He says apologetically. This stranger's accent is much thicker than Samurai's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samurai nods as he takes in her story. "I believe you, Sakura-chan. But you'll have to do me a favor... Let me know when Vol. II comes out. I want to be your first customer." Samurai gives her a wink and begins to walk off.

Most would consider this rude, but Sakura probably understands instantly. This is the best advertising she could ask for! Samurai is a popular guy in Japone. Once word spreads that Samurai likes this manga, she's going to have TONS of customers that will want a copy as well. And maybe the manager of this place might just reconsider giving her a booth after all.

For now, Samurai wants to return to his friends.

@Samurai Equine

Pastel didn't seem to mind the eccentricity of this pony at all. Possibly perhaps he was one of her kind.

She reads the situation better than you'd expect, a smile crossing her face as she blushed and swooned cutely. "Araaa? Do we look like a couple~? How embarassing~" she was having fun.

---

Sakura raised her hoof, as if she wanted to say something. "Umu..." but nothing came out. She smiled. "Samurai-sama is sooo cool!" She squeed. Looks like she wasnt out of the game yet. Now, who else to hand a copy out to...

---

Back inside, Neon was looking around for the others. Two bags carried steadily on their back, a testament to that earth pony handiness. Seems there were more than a couple of distractions.

"Hmm... Now if I were my small lady and her cute friend, where would I go..."

(edited)

@Pastel Heart

"Is hugging that really bad?" Trilby asks. "It's just not something we do openly here in Japone. Hey, is it true what they say? Is it true all ponies from the western half of Equestria all have canons, and they eat hayburgers every day, and everypony plays buckball?" He asks. "Heh... Uhh... I think somepony has seen too many action movies." Trilby comments.

About that time, Samurai joins them. "Ah, there you two are! Do I have a story to tell you. ...Oh, it seems you have company all ready."

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

Pastel closes her eyes and crosses her front hooves, voicing her internal dialogue. "Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned that no matter who you are, no matter where you come from... You're still a weaboo for somewhere."

As if on que, the store audio began playing Step By Step by the idol Suzu, which played quietly muffled in the background.

Samurais arrival snapped her out of her protagonist delusion. "Oh! Oha, Sami, daddy!"

...Sure enough, as if crashing Samurais entrance, Neon popped out from behind him, posing. Neon Rain now posed as Astolfo of Fate fame. Very fitting.

"Hellooo, everypony! I have brought with me a handsome prince!" Neon exclaimed, posing cutely. When did they even change into that?

@Pastel Heart

The appearances are enough to make the cosplayer quietly sneak away.

"Oh! We are all reunited at the same time. And to think, I all ready have stories to share!" Samurai says.

Trilby notices Neon's new look, even if he doesn't recognize it. "Wait! Is it too late to have a cosplay shopping montage?" Trilby says. Sounds like he had his heart set on that! "We might still have time to see the music concert." Samurai says.

@Samurai Equine

Pastel perked up with a little bounce. "Ooh! Ooh! I wanna cosplay too! I got just the thing in mind--unless Trilly wants to match me~!" Pastel was shaking, she looked forward to this too. "If we do some speedrunning, we have enough time for both!"

Neon poses proudly, a catlike expression sitting impishly on their face. "I can take you on the fastest available route! I've spent some time here before after all. You should hear what I've been through as well! It was a doozy." Neon repeated from a famous pony.

@Pastel Heart

"Sugee! I didn't know you've been here before, Neon-san. Go On! Feel free to show the way." Samurai says.

Trilby is nearly bouncing as well! "I can't wait to see what you have in mind, Love. We need to do photo shoots and everything. The whole nine yards!"

Anime fan montage in 3... 2... 1...

@Samurai Equine

Neon Rain, already prompted in their Astolfo cosplay, strutted by confidently, attracting the attention of several other cosplayers. Natural charisma. Easy to see where Pastel gets it from.

Pastel herself would come out of the curtain...

Fluffy brown coat, brown mane, red hair and, an oversized taiyaki in hand...

Unmistakingly, with her size and all, Pastel made the perfect Ayu! She did a little twirl to an imaginary snow effect. "Uguu, dont take so many pictures of me!" Even the impression was perfect.

"Whaa! What a cute Ayu-chan! Can I get a picture!?"

"Me too, me too!?"

"MOE!"

Neon nodded to the side as if saying "that's my girl".

(edited)

@Pastel Heart

Trilby also comes out, wearing grey pants, a white shirt, a blue dress jacket, and an olive green coat over all of it. He has a brown wig over hair head, and he looks confused. "I have no idea who this is, and I feel weird without my hat! Is this part of the story even canon (Kanon)?" Trilby asks.

"Heibon'naredo hanayaka~." Samurai comments with a smile, watching.

They both try out some more costumes and come out again. This time, Trilby comes out first. He is wearing a purple suit with a dark cape, which has a maroon underside. The whole outfit has fancy gold trim. And his head is covered by a spikey helmet with a large, round, purple visor. "Ì̴̦ ̸̹͌a̵͎̕m̸̙͌ ̸̗̈L̷̟̒e̴̩̊l̷͉̓ő̴͇ủ̶̡c̸̣̽h̷̨̄ ̶̩͋v̵̏͜i̴̯̿ ̸̰̕B̵̡̉r̸̫̈́í̵̱t̸̙̏a̷̜̾n̶̟̈́n̷̤̚i̵̮̿ḁ̸̋,̷͖͑ ̸͍̀á̸̩n̸̫̽d̸̻̔ ̷̗̚I̵̤̍ ̸͕͆o̴̞̐r̵̥̾ḑ̸̇e̸̪͗r̶̪͂ ̸̞̿ỹ̵̯o̸̘̓u̴̼̐ ̶̗̔t̷̽ͅỏ̸̧-̴̹̆-̸̫́!̴͔͊ ̷̭̅" ...Trilby takes off the helmet. "Oh wow, it is HARD to talk with those things on. How do they do it?"

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

Pastel would promptly respond by popping up and putting her funny Ayu hat (from the last scene/episode) onto Trilby.

"Now you're the one that has to wear it, Yuuichi-kun!" She smiled with a cute little giggle.

Neon smiled dryly. "Yes. This is totally how it went down."

Both her and Neons eyes widened as the atmosphere changed. This was a stride contrast to the mood of the last cosplays. Pastel smiled, totally in character. This was becoming some kind of weird crossover...

"Uguu, what has this sinister figure done with Yuuichi-kun?! Is there any hero that can counter this aura of darkness!?"

Neon was ready to draw that replica Astolfo sword they have been waiting to show off, but they were doomed to be cut off, as Pastel triggered the flag for the big Samurai unveil!

@Pastel Heart

Samurai giggles at the scene. Trilby's next cosplay is interesting. "Reminds me of the super heroes I grew up watching." Samurai says.

"Maybe this was a bit much, heh~ But I know a good switch that I'm sure Pastel will love!" Trilby says, leaping back into the changing room to put on something else.

It seems Neon was about to do something. Samurai noticed but is wondering where this is going.