Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

it seems that it was Princess Celestia herself who freed Nightmare Moon.

snoke123

Regardless of who's actually responsible for releasing Nightmare Moon the important thing is that she was restored back to Princess Luna

Edited by Will Gazzzze
Removing the part that are making people miss my point

2 hours ago, Will Gazzzze said:

Just Because Lauren Faust said it doesn't automatically mean I have to accept it.  had no control over the show since maybe the end of the second season.

Regardless of who's actually responsible for releasing Nightmare Moon the important thing is that she was restored back to Princess Luna

This isn't after the second season we're talking though. This is the pilot that she wrote. ;)

Though this is old news we're talking, I'm surprised by people still doubting the woman herself on this despite all the Faust love, since I hate to deny the writer's intent even if I don't like the writer. Not to mention all the refusal of accepting retcons that happened later on in the show as canon. What she says here would also explain a plothole involving Celestia's "kidnapping".

I'm trying to remember. Did Celestia know Luna's banishment was only temporary? Cause it would make sense for her to want to see her sister again after 1000 years. She still loved her and wanted her back after all.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with most of what was said in this video.

I'd also like to add that this "prophecy" about "Nightmare Moon's return" doesn't necessarily mean ONLY that. Prophecy is ALWAYS tricky. Just ask Anakin Skywalker. For for that matter, just Twilight trying to avert a temporal crisis that she herself created. What you think you're seeing might not be the whole story.

For instance, there are other "stars" at play in all of this. The first time I looked back at that image of the stars moving towards the moon, after watching more of the series, I realized there was something interesting about it. It's oddly reminiscent of Twilight's cutie mark. Furthermore, the idea of "stars" loosing Nightmare Moon, has a parallel with what the Mane 6 did. In terms of "exorcism," you could easily say that Luna and Nightmare Moon are being 'released' from one another. Curiously in Twilight's cutie mark (one central star, surrounded by five others), fate and destiny are already metaphorically describing Twilight and her friends as "stars."