Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Key To Trust (1x1 between Courageous Thunder and Dark Horse

Courageous Thunder Dash

@Dark Horse

"It's a process Grovous. Life is unpredictable, as Nitro will tell you. The best thing you can do is look ahead to a bright future. Know that what has passed is done, and can't be undone. You cannot live in the past. Accept that it has happened and look at it from the perspective that you've emerged stronger than you were, a different creature that what you were, changed...with the light of the future shining your way." Thundy said as he touched the ground. 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Grovus nodded, though he wasn't yet sure if he truly felt Thundy's words yet. It sounded easy enough to say, letting go of a distant past. But of it had truly been that easy for the Griffon, he wouldn't still feel burdened by it today. There had to be more to it than that.

"I want to be strong, I want to believe that I can overcome this darkness in my heart. It just... feels like an impassable mountain sometimes. One that just keeps growing bigger the more I try to surpass it."

@Dark Horse

Chelsea sighed and put a talon on Grovous' back. "Look Grovous, you keep doubting yourself. You'll never pass over the mountain if you keep feeling that it's impossible..." Chelsea said as the group landed by Nitro's place. Nitro was just getting out of his car. Nitro looked back and saw the three. "Oh! Thundy! Chelsea! What's up! And...oh? Who's that new griffon with you?" Nitro asked. "His name is Grovous...he's struggling with overcoming his past..." Chelsea said. Nitro looked at Grovous, and was about to say something, but thoughts of Nitro's own past filled his mind. He started to pant softly, but closed his eyes tightly to rid himself from the thoughts. Thundy went beside Nitro to comfort him. "Thanks bro...even to this very day it's still tough for me..." Nitro admitted. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

"It's nice to meet you, Nitro." Grovus said sincerely. He noticed how Nitro seemed to be struggling to say something. He'd been feeling the same way over the past couple of hours. A lot on his mind and being unable to put it into proper words. "I guess we've all had our past difficulties. Chelsea here has been telling me a little about her own, and Thundy thinks it'd be good for me to talk to folk like you. Sure hope he's right..."

@Courageous Thunder Dash

"It's that rough, huh?" Grovus replied, a look of consternation on his own features. He felt as though he could sense Nitro's aprehension just by looking at him, and made it think of how he himself felt at his worst. A strong sense of empathy came into his heart. "I'm sorry..." the griffon said sincerely in a soft tone. "I know what it's like. I would do anything to be able to not fear it anymore."

@Dark Horse

"Again Grovous, all it takes is that one small step, and that step could come in many different forms." Chelsea said. Nitro suddenly looked at Grovous. "Like...street racing for me...first time I sat down in that Saleen of mine I felt like I was going to cry when I started that engine up. Taking my Saleen through the first race, it felt like flying, even though I was on the ground. Point is...it's up to you to decide to be free, free from all the burdens...which some...sadly...could be made from your own fear and anger..." Nitro explained.