Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

For those who returned to the fandom, why?

MaxAnim

I never left to begin with been a fan since the 2012s though I admit sometimes during pony droughts the show isn't necessarily always on my mind but still I hold dear the fandom it is special. While it is pretty small today I do feel like returning fans is relatively rare. That might have more to do though with discord having pretty much taken over the fandom since the main online presence of bronies is no longer youtube, 4chan and forums but rather discord groups or so I'm told by some. That said in the past typically they'd return when there was a new season I remember how during season four premier and during season three screening how those were the times of the largest fandom activity but the time between those it would be silent although the fandom usually had a lot of content so the fandom would be more active on equestriadaily and youtube rather then say the forums that is.

I never really left in truth,   I have weeks of "dryness" where I'm not as active as I use to be.  But mostly for me its the ppl/souls I like and keep around and I also want to see what this new mlp seasons will bring.  

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-11-18 at 12:48 PM, Splashee said:

@MaxAnim

Moving this thread to Sugarcube Corner, where we discuss the MLP fandom.

Thanks a lot, because when I made this, I did not know where to put it. 

On 2021-11-18 at 7:36 PM, Monsoon said:

I had a break from any MLP content or fan content for a while but the nostalgia and fanfiction made me come back 

Same.

23 hours ago, horses are weird said:

funny horses

that's about it

Ok.

23 hours ago, Kujamih said:

to those who return... I press X to doubt:okiedokieloki:

I don’t know if I should take that as an insult. But you do you I guess.

On 2021-11-17 at 7:48 PM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I never left to begin with been a fan since the 2012s though I admit sometimes during pony droughts the show isn't necessarily always on my mind but still I hold dear the fandom it is special. While it is pretty small today I do feel like returning fans is relatively rare. That might have more to do though with discord having pretty much taken over the fandom since the main online presence of bronies is no longer youtube, 4chan and forums but rather discord groups or so I'm told by some. That said in the past typically they'd return when there was a new season I remember how during season four premier and during season three screening how those were the times of the largest fandom activity but the time between those it would be silent although the fandom usually had a lot of content so the fandom would be more active on equestriadaily and youtube rather then say the forums that is.

I mean I do remember those years but at the time even if you were a brony it was hard to meet someone who was also into the fandom.

Now though due to a shooting (sorry but it just needs to be said since I haven’t seen anyone talking about that because you know the reason) that happened a year ago (I guess?) a guy committed suic*** while saying that he will “Meet Applejack in heaven”.

Now we are known for basically inspiring a you-know-who that ruined the lives of various people.

Sorry for going into detail but it just feels like the fandom is receiving a really bad reputation now. So much so that many left (including me and others), that’s why I posted this.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, MaxAnim said:

I mean I do remember those years but at the time even if you were a brony it was hard to meet someone who was also into the fandom.

Now though due to a shooting (sorry but it just needs to be said since I haven’t seen anyone talking about that because you know the reason) that happened a year ago (I guess?) a guy committed suic*** while saying that he will “Meet Applejack in heaven”.

Now we are known for basically inspiring a you-know-who that ruined the lives of various people.

Sorry for going into detail but it just feels like the fandom is receiving a really bad reputation now. So much so that many left (including me and others), that’s why I posted this.

lol a big fandom is bound to have one of those people ...

anime... ✔️

pew die pie... ✔️

gaming community ✔️ ✔️ ✔️

mlp just joined the club ✔️

• Brohoof 1