Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What the heck happened between g4 and g5? Mlp has to give us more answers.

Bluish

Ok. So first we have the ending of g4. Ok good. But now we have g5 with little to no context of what happened. What happened to the mane six? Where is Spike? Did Equestria fall into chaos after the reign of Twilight ended? Are they dead? What happened between the years? 

if any of you have theories or leaks, please be free to share them.

• Brohoof 2

I hate to say it but it really doesn't matter now.

G5 worrying about explaining everything from G4 or remaining completely accurate to its lore would be its downfall. It would be boring or confusing to new young fans who haven't seen G4, and G5 should be able to focus on its own characters and present timeline. I'm pretty sure one of the reasons they put G5 into the same universe as G4 was so they could include references and easter eggs, but at the end of the day, G5 is not G4 and the current team has no obligation to explain what happened between generations. You can just see it as an alternate timeline future if you want.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Malarkey said:

I hate to say it but it really doesn't matter now.

G5 worrying about explaining everything from G4 or remaining completely accurate to its lore would be its downfall. It would be boring or confusing to new young fans who haven't seen G4, and G5 should be able to focus on its own characters and present timeline. I'm pretty sure one of the reasons they put G5 into the same universe as G4 was so they could include references and easter eggs, but at the end of the day, G5 is not G4 and the current team has no obligation to explain what happened between generations. You can just see it as an alternate timeline future if you want.

The TV series will probably either completely ignore G4, or completely talk about it all the time (like having it play on TVs in the background). We will only know when the TV series comes in 2022.

5 hours ago, Dominic_The_Pony said:

Ok. So first we have the ending of g4. Ok good. But now we have g5 with little to no context of what happened. What happened to the mane six? Where is Spike? Did Equestria fall into chaos after the reign of Twilight ended? Are they dead? What happened between the years? 

If Twilight were still alive, I don't think there would be a need for the entire movie's plot. So I expect she is not alive (read dead), then the rest of the Mane 6 are probably long gone as well (read dead) because they wouldn't be able to outlive Princess Twilight. But the biggest case that they are gone is actually told in the opening of the G5 movie (they were never told to be alive, just like Applejack's parents, and they were not animated in 3D).

By the time a Princess has passed, it must have gone many moons for the state of Equestria to get to there they are now, so basically, you could see G5's Equestria as being a completely different and new place (read 3D) that is only using the same name as the old one because Hasbro makes money making choices like keeping the same universe name.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Dominic_The_Pony said:

Ok. So first we have the ending of g4. Ok good. But now we have g5 with little to no context of what happened. What happened to the mane six? Where is Spike? Did Equestria fall into chaos after the reign of Twilight ended? Are they dead? What happened between the years

realistically, everypony from the show is dead other than Celestia and definitely Discord because of what we know about it, because of the show many times, Celestia has prepared things and they always went right eventually, and even when everything else happened and she lost her magic and other things in many different ways, she still knew internally that everything was going to be alright, the biggest proof of this is the scene in season 4 where Celestia uses some weird psychic magic in order to be able to see exactly what's happening with Lord tirek in her dreams, which means that she would know for a fact that she would never be able to defend the country, but she wouldn't be able to stop anypony from fighting about it, or whatever the problem was, so she would sit back and defend the home base hoping for a miracle with whatever problem that made everything falls apart and then she would evacuate, and when the magic disappeared, she would go back to the tree of harmony. (that is only probably going to be referenced in the so as a easter egg, and no, what you saw in the movie is not that, and it was a magical Crystal Tree instead of a living tree.)and then she would be able to use the funds up there to give her enough magic to live there where the tree is and survive long enough in order to come back eventually, probably disguising herself as a unicorn after the movie.

the thing is, even if that would make a lot of sense, that is definitely not going to be in the show in any way at all, even in a small easter egg, and anything that looks like it is not supposed to be it either, the main reason is from how the show is probably going to go from the movie, the most we will probably overall get is a episode about the past and then another episode about that too but another thing at the same time, and it being mentioned occasionally sometimes, and pretty much everything that will be showing will be very genuine and not facts at all, unless the show ends up going on long enough to have a time travel episode, and even then, that will not explain anything that people actually want to know.

the main reason I think this is, is because of the opening of the movie, if they actually wanted to explain anything in a detailed way then they would turn the entire thing into a dream from filly sunny and it would so the main six in all their glory in 2D, but then it would cut the third person and she would see some of the event of what happened before everything fell apart, eventually one of the ponies would start speaking in her father's voice to Twilight or something and then her father would wake her up and then they would talk about the strange dream and continue on from there in a slightly different way, but the rest of it would be the same with maybe a few hints everywhere too, especially in the after credits scene, it would definitely be more than it is now.

there are a few ways they could do it but it would be more or less similar to that, the fact we didn't get that at all basically means that they do not care at all about continuing the story of G4 in any way at all, from how they did it, it makes a lot more sense that they're just milking it in order to get more money from the next product, which means that generation 5 probably isn't going to last that long, and will guaranteed have a bunch of criticism, from the many episodes of the seasons to come.

however, they will have to explain Discord, even in just a Easter egg or a lot of Easter eggs, it might even be mentioned in a episode, with the reason probably being related too: (everything became boring and he lost everything so he left Equestria forever) the reason is because the retcon is so insanely stupid and big that they will have to address it in a way, mainly to keep the series going a bit longer, and hopefully some of it because some writers really want to put something like that in because it's a giant retcon, hopefully...

"where is Spike?"

he is either in the dragonlands, still alive or dead and he probably will not be mentioned at all, at least what happened after the show won't be mentioned at all.

"what happened between the years?"

it is pretty much guaranteed to be a event, and it has entirely nothing to do with any villain that has ever existed earlier either, the reason is because of every villains desire and what they wanted for pony society, even cozy glow would want everypony together to worship her instead of them separating and she would have a royal line that would do everything that she did, so it was definitely something completely different from anything else the ponies have faced before, and it was probably less of an enemy and more of a event, even if there was a enemy, or lots of enemies, then they would be creating a event.

after the event happened and all of the important ponies, or just the alicorns, other than the one that I already talked about, were gone, then the fallout of the event would cause the pony to separate back into what they were before Equestria was founded, eventually they would fear each other because of thinking that one kind of pony encouraged or help to make the event happen, eventually, the three tribes would be completely separated, loved ones included, and then all of the ponies magic would disappear soon after.

and of course the ponies would blame each other on the lack of magic without knowing exactly that everypony else didn't have magic either.

also, I really don't think that Twilight made the crystals, because if she did then what the ponies saw on the stained glass window in the movie would be very obvious that it was friendship, to the point where the entire plot would be broken, no, I think a talented unicorn from the sparkle family made the crystals in a emergency without knowing exactly how much friendship magic works, unlike Twilight Sparkle did, after everything she did before the event, Twilight could have asked her to do it, but that was the last thing she wanted to do, and she would never sacrifice herself to make them because that doesn't make any sense, The Elements of Harmony never needed sacrifice and never really needed themselves in order to be activated, and sacrifice seems to be a bit more like the complete opposite of what the Elements of Harmony or crystals that got activated from Friendship would ever be.

I hope you like my theories too! ^_^

Edited by littlepony

16 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Comet strike! Society fell from the destruction and loss of magic. It took centuries to climb to new technological heights!

Oh, I can see that happening. Princess Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark looks like something that could potentially be a comet or something similar.

It took so little time for them to invent emojis and smart phones though, that makes me skeptical. They can't just start over and invent the iPhone so quickly, you know? :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Splashee said:

Oh, I can see that happening. Princess Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark looks like something that could potentially be a comet or something similar.

It took so little time for them to invent emojis and smart phones though, that makes me skeptical. They can't just start over and invent the iPhone so quickly, you know? :wacko:

I do envision G5 as being HUNDREDS of years after Twilight Sparkle and her friends. 

Because G4 never happened prior, at least not for real. G5 is most likely a meta-sequel. FiM exists as a TV show and toy franchise in a universe that also happens to have magical ponies. It was an idealized world shown to be bringing ponies together when they were divided in reality, like many kids shows in our world. Showing the least likely but most positive outcome of people putting side their differences for the greater good. That's why the ponies of G4 persist. They were a work of fiction that touched the heart of one Sunny Star Scout. Perhaps what we know as G4 were 'based on a true story' long ago, but the G4 we and Sunny know may not be what actually happened. 

It would be nice to know what happened as ignoring will only prompt more questions being asked and having no answers for them. But, I have this feeling Hasbro wants to move on from G4 seeing as they've got a new toy line they want to promote so their mindset is focus only on G5 and nothing more.

I feel like it's going to be one of those things where answering one question raises a whole bunch more questions, and while I feel like G5 might answer some questions, it's not going to jump down some rabbit hole about everything that possibly happened between the two generations because G5 should do it's own thing. I suspect that it might be something like the time between the Pillars and G4 where they keep what happened quite vague.

On 2021-11-20 at 8:42 PM, littlepony said:

realistically, everypony from the show is dead other than Celestia and definitely Discord because of what we know about it, because of the show many times, Celestia has prepared things and they always went right eventually, and even when everything else happened and she lost her magic and other things in many different ways, she still knew internally that everything was going to be alright, the biggest proof of this is the scene in season 4 where Celestia uses some weird psychic magic in order to be able to see exactly what's happening with Lord tirek in her dreams, which means that she would know for a fact that she would never be able to defend the country, but she wouldn't be able to stop anypony from fighting about it, or whatever the problem was, so she would sit back and defend the home base hoping for a miracle with whatever problem that made everything falls apart and then she would evacuate, and when the magic disappeared, she would go back to the tree of harmony. (that is only probably going to be referenced in the so as a easter egg, and no, what you saw in the movie is not that, and it was a magical Crystal Tree instead of a living tree.)and then she would be able to use the funds up there to give her enough magic to live there where the tree is and survive long enough in order to come back eventually, probably disguising herself as a unicorn after the movie.

the thing is, even if that would make a lot of sense, that is definitely not going to be in the show in any way at all, even in a small easter egg, and anything that looks like it is not supposed to be it either, the main reason is from how the show is probably going to go from the movie, the most we will probably overall get is a episode about the past and then another episode about that too but another thing at the same time, and it being mentioned occasionally sometimes, and pretty much everything that will be showing will be very genuine and not facts at all, unless the show ends up going on long enough to have a time travel episode, and even then, that will not explain anything that people actually want to know.

the main reason I think this is, is because of the opening of the movie, if they actually wanted to explain anything in a detailed way then they would turn the entire thing into a dream from filly sunny and it would so the main six in all their glory in 2D, but then it would cut the third person and she would see some of the event of what happened before everything fell apart, eventually one of the ponies would start speaking in her father's voice to Twilight or something and then her father would wake her up and then they would talk about the strange dream and continue on from there in a slightly different way, but the rest of it would be the same with maybe a few hints everywhere too, especially in the after credits scene, it would definitely be more than it is now.

there are a few ways they could do it but it would be more or less similar to that, the fact we didn't get that at all basically means that they do not care at all about continuing the story of G4 in any way at all, from how they did it, it makes a lot more sense that they're just milking it in order to get more money from the next product, which means that generation 5 probably isn't going to last that long, and will guaranteed have a bunch of criticism, from the many episodes of the seasons to come.

however, they will have to explain Discord, even in just a Easter egg or a lot of Easter eggs, it might even be mentioned in a episode, with the reason probably being related too: (everything became boring and he lost everything so he left Equestria forever) the reason is because the retcon is so insanely stupid and big that they will have to address it in a way, mainly to keep the series going a bit longer, and hopefully some of it because some writers really want to put something like that in because it's a giant retcon, hopefully...

"where is Spike?"

he is either in the dragonlands, still alive or dead and he probably will not be mentioned at all, at least what happened after the show won't be mentioned at all.

"what happened between the years?"

it is pretty much guaranteed to be a event, and it has entirely nothing to do with any villain that has ever existed earlier either, the reason is because of every villains desire and what they wanted for pony society, even cozy glow would want everypony together to worship her instead of them separating and she would have a royal line that would do everything that she did, so it was definitely something completely different from anything else the ponies have faced before, and it was probably less of an enemy and more of a event, even if there was a enemy, or lots of enemies, then they would be creating a event.

after the event happened and all of the important ponies, or just the alicorns, other than the one that I already talked about, were gone, then the fallout of the event would cause the pony to separate back into what they were before Equestria was founded, eventually they would fear each other because of thinking that one kind of pony encouraged or help to make the event happen, eventually, the three tribes would be completely separated, loved ones included, and then all of the ponies magic would disappear soon after.

and of course the ponies would blame each other on the lack of magic without knowing exactly that everypony else didn't have magic either.

also, I really don't think that Twilight made the crystals, because if she did then what the ponies saw on the stained glass window in the movie would be very obvious that it was friendship, to the point where the entire plot would be broken, no, I think a talented unicorn from the sparkle family made the crystals in a emergency without knowing exactly how much friendship magic works, unlike Twilight Sparkle did, after everything she did before the event, Twilight could have asked her to do it, but that was the last thing she wanted to do, and she would never sacrifice herself to make them because that doesn't make any sense, The Elements of Harmony never needed sacrifice and never really needed themselves in order to be activated, and sacrifice seems to be a bit more like the complete opposite of what the Elements of Harmony or crystals that got activated from Friendship would ever be.

I hope you like my theories too! ^_^

I very much did :)

We will get our answers, at least some of them, at some point.  We will just have to watch the new MLP series to find out just how impossible it will be for it to get out of FiM's shadow.  

Same thing as happened in the 1000 years Celestia lived my little pony :P We don't know and we're not meant to know definitively. It's an opportunity to explore things.

My fave explanation is that ponies became a victim of their own success and spread throughout the lands beyond Equestria until their magic failed and they receded. Twilight and the converted Discord could be part of that initial failure and slink off to watch from the heavens - perhaps guiding ponies from afar :3 

On 2021-11-24 at 5:55 PM, AlbaTross said:

We will get our answers, at least some of them, at some point.  We will just have to watch the new MLP series to find out just how impossible it will be for it to get out of FiM's shadow.  

hopefully

• 1 year later...

They start to explore what happened to magic and the mane 6 in the new generation SHOW chapter 2 episode 6 they explain what happened to magic and that it was TWILIGHT who broke it apart into the crystals to keep it away from a big villain not mention in friendship is magic. (Not mentioning the name for anyone who hasn't started the new show yet. Doesn't have many episodes yet and is only set to get 23) so far it's a good show and I was hoping they would address this because it was bugging me as you what happened to twilight and the others if you watch My Little Pony make your mark chapter 2 episode 6 it'll explain why magic had to be broken up. 

I really hope chapter 3 will arrive soon. If it takes another year to produce out of context stories, that's not really going to explain anything. So if the next chapter doesn't bring up what happened at the end of G4, then we will probably never know and we should then focus on G5 as its own universe instead.

On 2021-11-20 at 5:44 AM, Dominic_The_Pony said:

My theory is that The Mane Six all died the same year, with Rainbow and Twilight being the last to die (because Loyalty).

As far as G5 goes, I really don't understand why they felt the need to keep it a sequel. It created more plotholes than anything