Banner by ~ NomadSpellbrush

Who do you think will return in G5?  

7 users have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will return in G5?

• Mane Six (and maybe Spike)
    • Discord
    • Royal Sisters
    • Student Six
    • CMCs

I have almost zero doubt that the Mane Six will return in the New Generation show. And not just in flashbacks/imaginary sequences, I think they'll actually return and meet the Mane Five similar to how The Pillars Of Equestria returned and teamed up with the Mane Six in Shadow Play. 

As far as other characters go, maybe Spike and Discord. I would also like to see The Royal Sisters and Starlight return, but I don't know about that actually happening.

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1
Badges

I personally don't believe any of them will appear in the series. I think A New Generation was the last we will see of any heavy G4 references. It was the start of the new gen and showcased the Mane 6 since they're recognizable and the movie was the bridge between generations, but now that they've established the new characters and setting, I think they're going to leave G4 in the past from now on.

• Brohoof 2
Badges

24 minutes ago, phantompone1148 said:

Why do you hate the Student 6?

I never found them interesting and I hated how they occasionally took over for some episodes and were forced onto the fans. 

Badges

At this point, the most likely one to return is Discord given how he appears to be practically ageless. The other characters in the list have likely passed away as the assumption is that G5 takes place several generations after G4 which is about a couple of centuries. The only way I can see everyone else come back is through archive footage or being depicted in ancient texts.

• Brohoof 1

The characters will return in hints and memories :3 Hearing Tabitha or Tara reading out ancient scripts of Equestria will be heart warming, just as hearing them read out the intro to the New Gen movie is.

But what I really hope is that the spirit of MLP returns with the talents of the olden pony voice actors redeployed to new Gen 5 characters, alongside the great VAs of the movie:

Old gens:

Alongside: Kimiko as Izzy 

Kimiko Glenn in My Little Pony: A New Generation (2021)

James as Hitch image.png.80fdc6231ba8e1470d3173159a9c9f92.png 

Vanessa as Sunny image.png.eedbdc8cdf4081072f4b36a8fc5b12bb.png 

Sofia as Pipp image.png.f9ffc354000f7c1cb6a7cb50be472e18.png

Elizabeth as Zipp image.png.03531bd31623f67ce164e1bba6dd39c9.png