Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc [OOC] Rediscovering Equestria (G5)

Skylight Scintillate

It seems like G5 RPs haven't taken off yet, so here's my attempt at one. 

RP: 

Ponies used to be split by species, fueled by misconceptions and rumors, however, nopony knows how it started. In addition, despite living close to one another, the ponies have refused to interact with one another. Instead, they turned inwards, focusing on their leaders and the protection they promised. That is until Sunny changed everything, and the pony species found themselves abruptly reunited.

Taking place just after the movie, the pony species have been reunited, but there are still fences to amend. While they were apart, the three pony species have developed different cultures, along with misconceptions about the other pony species. It would take quite some effort for ponies to reconnect, especially given many of the unicorns’ superstitions, and many ponies have different ideas of how to go about this.

Magic has returned, but since the everypony hasn't used it before in their lifetime, it would take some time to get used to. Plus, pony technology has advanced significantly, which used in combination with magic should unlock an exponential amount of possibilities. However, while unicorns used to be the most progressive of the three species tens of thousands of years ago, they are now seen as the most primitive and backward of the three groups, and the two other species want to figure out why.

The pony species want to figure out how they separated in the first place. This would involve diving deep into each of the three pony species’ histories. Then, the ponies want to figure out why the pony species separating would lead to the loss of magic. Finally, there are rumors that there are other species other than the Pegasi, Earth Ponies, and Unicorns, and there has been some interest in reconnecting with these species. However, there is suspicion that some ponies benefit from the species being separated, and will do whatever it takes to prevent them from reuniting.

This roleplay would start off right after the movie ended. It would involve fillies and colts of the three different species interacting with each other and trying to get along. In addition, the plan is that it would follow what happens in G5 as it happens, so there could be spoilers.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 1

I love it :) Mango Eve was built for this! (and not so much for being tortured in an Asylum :P )

you know I am not always the fastest forum RPer but as long as you're ok with that, Mango Eve is at your service

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to [OOC] Rediscovering Equestria (G5)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the disappearing act - got myself virused :( will see about a post tonight or later this week. Hope things have been trotting on a bit - always fine to push along my character as an NPC to get things moving. Mango can always put down her sudden silences to being a featherbrain :P 

• 2 weeks later...

Also, just saying, but feel free to ask Plum Blossom questions too. I'm sure everypony wants to know about Maretime Bay and Earth Ponies too. (It just wouldn't be in character for Plum Blossom to bring up Maretime Bay given that she is so focused on asking the others about their species and towns and what they know.)