Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The mysterious calendar canon of Hitch

Vivooush

In a moment of the film, when Hitch wants to go after Sunny with Sprout, but Sprout doesn't want to, we notice Hitch's photo calendar, and Sprout looks jealous of it, he says a lot of things while leafing through it, and making a face of jealousy (or something else) towards his model sheriff friend, but according to you, would Hitch have made these photos to make himself even more popular in the town ? 
Why didn't Sprout pose too?
Would Sprout be Hitch's stooge after all?
Would Hitch have dreamed of being a model instead of a sheriff?

It's just a detail, but I think it's important to mention it 

• Brohoof 1

There's a lot about Hitch that we haven't learned. I love it when people find all these little details and ask about them! :D

Anyway, perhaps if Sprout had pushed further in his rule, he could've had a calendar and other merch of himself made by the townsfolk. I mean, Hitch is really the type of guy who wants to impress ponies, but he goes about it rather obnoxiously. Yes, I think he could be a model, he's gotta tone it down first. 

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Vivooush said:

Would Hitch have made these photos to make himself even more popular in the town?

Since the photos make no boasts about his paid-off mortgage, I'd presume the calendar was made by another pony. I'd also presume that the reason a calendar with photos of him was made in the first place is because of his popularity. He's essentially the leader of the town, after all. 

• Brohoof 2

21 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Il y a beaucoup de choses sur Hitch que nous n'avons pas appris. J'adore quand les gens trouvent tous ces petits détails et demandent à leur sujet !:RÉ

Quoi qu'il en soit, peut-être que si Sprout avait poussé plus loin son règne, il aurait pu fabriquer un calendrier et d'autres produits de lui-même par les habitants de la ville. Je veux dire, Hitch est vraiment le genre de gars qui veut impressionner les poneys, mais il s'y prend de manière plutôt odieuse. Oui, je pense qu'il pourrait être mannequin, il doit d'abord se calmer. 

Oui c'est vrai qu'on ne sait pas encore pour Hitch, j'espère qu'on le saura à temps, j'aimerais voir plus de développement sur les personnages, j'ai hâte de voir ça dans la série en espérant que ce soit spécial des épisodes sur Hitch parfois, mais j'avoue que j'aime aussi les gens qui ont des idées sur des petits détails, tout est dans les détails comme on

Yes surely Sprout could have had pictures of him, he already had a drawing like a dictator in flag, but Sprout doesn't have the same presence and charisma of Hitch, he is not loved like him and I don't think that mares fall for him, so I don't know if it would have worked, moreover he looks a bit clumsy to me, but it was going to be funny for sure 😂

I think like you, Hitch likes to impress people for sure, and surely he wants to practice in this profession of model in his spare time, but he should be able to control his temper

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Étant donné que les photos ne sont pas remboursées, je suppose que le calendrier a été fait par un autre poney. Je présume aussi que la raison a fait un calendrier avec des photos de lui en premier lieu est à cause de sa popularité. Il est essentiellement le chef de la ville, après tout. 

Je pense qu'il a dû faire un calendrier pour la charité, j'avais lu une fan fiction à ce sujet, et je pense qu'il aime ça, en fait il s'aime beaucoup et je pense qu'il sait au fond qu'il est beau et qu'il peut avoir un talent, donc je suppose qu'en tant que shérif de la ville et poney le plus populaire, le fait de faire le calendrier tenue les gens, après c'est pas cool il monopolise tout le calendrier sans son ami haha ?? ❤️

I think he must have made a calendar for charity, I had read some fan fiction about it, and I think he likes it, actually he likes himself a lot and I think he knows deep down that he's handsome and that he can have a talent, so I guess as the city sheriff and the most popular pony, doing the calendar held people, then it's not cool he monopolizes the whole calendar without his friend haha ?? ❤️

vibing-hitch-trailblazer.gif

• Brohoof 1

On 25/11/2021 at 01:01, abrony-mouse said:

Le calendrier est juste une collection aléatoire de photos qui pour n'importe qui d'autre serait terrible

Mais pour Hitch... il est juste que photogénique :3

Hmm I think Hitch made calendar magazines for the city, kind of like fireman calendars and stuff like that, and Hitch is the most popular and hot pony in the city, so I think that plays into it too 
He's also a photographer, so I can imagine episodes where he's posing for pictures, so that's why in real life I can see him and Pipp, their personalities are similar 😍 

14 hours ago, Kujamih said:

myeah je pense que l'attelage est un fakboi

I didn't quite understand haha, but look at this face he is truly the most beautiful pony that is created in any case in boy 😍

hitch-trailblazer-sunny-starscout.gif

20 hours ago, Vivooush said:

Hmm I think Hitch made calendar magazines for the city, kind of like fireman calendars and stuff like that, and Hitch is the most popular and hot pony in the city, so I think that plays into it too 
He's also a photographer, so I can imagine episodes where he's posing for pictures, so that's why in real life I can see him and Pipp, their personalities are similar 😍 

I didn't quite understand haha, but look at this face he is truly the most beautiful pony that is created in any case in boy 😍

hitch-trailblazer-sunny-starscout.gif

what it means he is a playboy XD

On 29/11/2021 at 02:34, HereComesTom said:

Ma première réaction allait être « les auteurs ont créé ce calendrier juste pour Sprout pourrait être jaloux pour rire, ne pas overthink il », mais la lecture à travers quelques - uns des messages ici, je pense peut - être que je suis en pensant!

Haha it's true that we could have thought that, but in reality I think that the calendar is a charity offer, and Hitch wanted to do everything without letting Sprout participate because he doesn't have the same photogenic talent as him, I find this aspect funny in the series, and I would like to have more development on it, unless it's just a simple scomic that is added in the movie 😜

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-12-01 at 6:15 PM, Vivooush said:

Haha it's true that we could have thought that, but in reality I think that the calendar is a charity offer, and Hitch wanted to do everything without letting Sprout participate because he doesn't have the same photogenic talent as him, I find this aspect funny in the series, and I would like to have more development on it, unless it's just a simple scomic that is added in the movie 😜

I agree it was probably a charity thing. Cops and firefighters have been known to sell "sexy" calendars from time to time for one cause or another.

As for Sprout though, I don't think it had anything to do with looks. Sprout was rocking his "tyrant" outfit. I think it had more to do with Sprout not exactly being a "people person." I suspect he had a tendency to over-react to situations; whatever the family-friendly version of "shoot first and ask questions later" would be. The last thing Hitch says to Sprout when he leaves is, "Try not to start a war." I don't think that was just foreshadowing. I think Sprout kind of had a reputation for flipping out before the situation has been properly assessed (and really, who can blame him, considering who his Mom was?)

• Brohoof 1

The calendar reminded me of the photos of Sunset Shimmer winning the crown every year in the first Equestria Girls movie. It was kinda a visual joke. For Sunset, it was showing her becoming more obsessed of power and gradually more evil looking.

With Hitch, it is more of a "same look, different clothes" animation thing going on. I didn't read much into what it was about. He was always looking playful in all his animations (like the shoveling Sunny animation).

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Je suis d'accord que c'était probablement une affaire de charité. Les flics et les pompiers sont connus pour vendre de temps en temps des calendriers « sexy » pour une cause ou une autre.

Quant à Sprout, je ne pense pas que cela ait quelque chose à voir avec l'apparence. Sprout portait sa tenue de "tyran". Je pense que cela avait plus à voir avec le fait que Sprout n'était pas exactement une "personne sociable". Je soupçonne qu'il avait tendance à réagir de manière excessive aux situations ; quelle que soit la version familiale de "tirer d'abord et poser des questions plus tard". La dernière chose que Hitch dit à Sprout quand il part est : "Essayez de ne pas déclencher une guerre". Je ne pense pas que ce n'était qu'un présage. Je pense que Sprout avait en quelque sorte la réputation de s'effondrer avant que la situation n'ait été correctement évaluée (et vraiment, qui peut le blâmer, compte tenu de qui était sa mère ?)

Exactly, the firemen and policemen well especially firemen, often make this kind of calendar, and Hitch had quite the carrure to do it 😜☺️, after Sprout is a little the stooge of Hitch, his shadow what, so he had surely not been able to express himself as much as him, yeah I agree Sprout is how to say quite introverted, in addition to being distrustful and everything and to be the son overprotected by his mom, he was also very violent, so I think people didn't like him as much, haha this famous sentence doesn't start a war, he comes back a few minutes later, and his village became a dictatorship 😂 I think that in the series we will surely know more about Sprout and Hitch's relationship, because I don't have the impression that they were friends, Hitch was surely not too cool with Sprout, and Sprout's jealousy must have been born

6 hours ago, Splashee said:

Le calendrier m'a rappelé les photos de Sunset Shimmer remportant la couronne chaque année dans le premier film d'Equestria Girls. C'était un peu une blague visuelle. Pour Sunset, cela la montrait devenant de plus en plus obsédée par le pouvoir et progressivement plus diabolique.

Avec Hitch, il s'agit plutôt d'une animation "même look, vêtements différents". Je n'ai pas beaucoup lu de quoi il s'agissait. Il avait toujours l'air enjoué dans toutes ses animations (comme l'animation Sunny de pelletage).

Oh yeah but serious 😂 besides I watched it recently, after it was a little bit the same style for sure, I think it was mostly to show us a little comic moment on the sexy calendar that some firemen do and all, and Hitch had the role for that, especially that he is a little arrogant, he likes himself, a little self-centered (not in a bad way haha) so it was probably to show us a side of him too, but I found this part too funny with Sprout pulling a face and at one point sticking his face on one of Hitch's pictures, yeah every time the same pose but in different outfits haha, but yeah he was very playful,

• Brohoof 1

Hitch is more popular than Sprout because he's better than Sprout.

Sprout is probably seen as less useful, attractive, intelligent, etc. by the Maretime Bay citizens compared to his superior. This makes sense considering the fact that Hitch always took the initiative and acted accordingly. Sprout did not show any of that whatsoever when Izzy arrived (who knows how incompetent he was before that). If I was a pony living in Maretime Bay, I would favor Hitch as an officer too.

...and with that favoring comes that popularity so seeing a monthly calendar with his face all over it or other merchandise with him all over it isn't surprising. 

I doubt that Hitch was purposely leaving Sprout in his shadow. I feel like it happened naturally as Sprout continued to show his lack of skill and resolve.

He just sucks.

He must have been good for something, though considering he was hired in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-11-24 at 12:42 AM, Vivooush said:

Why didn't Sprout pose too?

He should have. There is no reason why he wasn't included. It looked like one of those firefighter charity calendars, so why not have more hot stallions in it? B)

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Hitch est plus populaire que Sprout parce qu'il est meilleur que Sprout.

Sprout est probablement perçu comme moins utile, attrayant, intelligent, etc. par les citoyens de Maretime Bay par rapport à son supérieur. Cela est logique compte tenu du fait que Hitch a toujours pris l'initiative et a agi en conséquence. Sprout n'a rien montré de tout cela quand Izzy est arrivé (qui sait à quel point il était incompétent avant cela). Si j'étais un poney vivant à Maretime Bay, je favoriserais aussi Hitch en tant qu'officier.

... et avec cette faveur vient cette popularité, donc voir un calendrier mensuel avec son visage partout ou d'autres marchandises avec lui partout, ce n'est pas surprenant. 

Je doute que Hitch ait intentionnellement laissé Sprout dans son ombre. J'ai l'impression que cela s'est produit naturellement alors que Sprout continuait de montrer son manque de compétence et de détermination.

Il est juste nul.

Il doit avoir été bon pour  quelque chose , même si on considère qu'il a été embauché en premier lieu.

Yeah I think Hitch is more popular than Sprout in many ways, he acts much better than him, and Hitch has more speed and everything and acts better than him, Sprout is afraid of everything, of talking to the people, and when he was facing Izzy he was already hiding and Hitch went straight to him, I think people also trust him more and I understand them, he doesn't trust Sprout too much, but yeah askiparait Sprout was hired before Hitch, well I think so, as a kid he seemed to be more ambitious at this career, I think he's jealous of Hitch and Hitch also had to put Sprout aside, like he doesn't want him to talk into the megaphone or whatever or give him some ungrateful tasks, 😜

I also think that Sprout just sucks

10 hours ago, Splashee said:

Il devrait avoir. Il n'y a aucune raison pour qu'il n'ait pas été inclus. Cela ressemblait à l'un de ces calendriers de charité pour les pompiers, alors pourquoi ne pas y avoir plus d'étalons sexy ?B)

Ah probably because he doesn't give off the same aura as Hitch 😂 I can imagine Hitch monopolizing the photo shoot, moreover in a promotional video of Sprout and Hitch's characters, we see Hitch posed all confident and sure of himself and all in BG mode and Sprout who tries to copy him but can't, he's clumsy too, I think it plays auss

😂

• Brohoof 1

On 05/12/2021 at 16:37, Radiant Reindeer said:

Je dirais que cela est probablement dû au fait que Hitch est très populaire à Maretime Bay. Cela aurait du sens si c'était pour une sorte de charité cependant.

I also think that it is due to that in any case, it is very popular and in addition it likes itself very much, so that played with I think

But another question, when Sprout gets mad at Hitch, he says he has a perfect mane ( that we understand haha ) he says he has abs of steel ( ouloulou 🥴 ) and he says he has his own house, basically Hitch is a landlord, I can't wait to see his house in the show, he surely has money that he