Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What you want to see with Pipp in the show?

Vivooush

This topic is made for you to say your opinion on what you would like to see on Pipp in the series, it was not very developed in the film, I agree, but I find it can be a very interesting character, already the fact that it is an influencer, through this character, it will be able to show to the young children the drift of social networks, that Internet is not the real life, and also that the influencer shows that what they want, that basically the life of the stars is not so cool that it 

The relationship she has with her sister, and her mother, she seems to me more obedient to what her mother tells her 

Doesn't she regret her life, did she always want to be a star?

pipp-petal-my-little-pony.gif

I just want her to get character development.  It probably says a lot that Rarity is my favourite Mane Six pony, but Pipp currently sits at the bottom of the new cast for me.  That could be subject to change as I'm not passionate enough about any of the mane cast yet to set any kind of ranking in stone, but going off of how I feel so far, it seems likely my favourite will end up being Izzy or Sunny .  Upon further thought it occurs to me that while both characters are about their reputation and making a name for themselves, Rarity achieved that over the course of FiM while Pipp was essentially born a star by virtue of being a princess.  Sure, Pipp is obviously under constant pressure to maintain her reputation, but she had the spotlight handed to her.  

7 hours ago, Vivooush said:

This topic is made for you to say your opinion on what you would like to see on Pipp in the series, it was not very developed in the film, I agree, but I find it can be a very interesting character, already the fact that it is an influencer, through this character, it will be able to show to the young children the drift of social networks, that Internet is not the real life, and also that the influencer shows that what they want, that basically the life of the stars is not so cool that it 

The relationship she has with her sister, and her mother, she seems to me more obedient to what her mother tells her 

Doesn't she regret her life, did she always want to be a star?

pipp-petal-my-little-pony.gif

Honestly, I do hope Pipp is developed in a way that differs from Rarity.  She already started at the top, but you're right that maybe it isn't all it's cracked up to be and there might be things she doesn't love about being a royal.  There's definitely huge potential for commentary on social media culture that could be beneficial for young people to see/hear, so that could be great too.  First and foremost though I just want Pipp to be an interesting character, along with everypony else, if I'm going to spending any length of time watching her and the others.  

• Brohoof 1

Lets see, I think that the movie hinted at some tension between the royal family members, so perhaps we could see that developed further. In addition, there is also the fact that Pipp uses social media, so that would be interesting to see where they go with that.

• Brohoof 1

Here's a few things that I can think of off the top of my head:

- in-universe explanation as to why her wings are unique

- backstory, like how she became royalty and how she became a very popular social media icon

- more of her personality

On 05/12/2021 at 11:19, AlbaTross said:

Je veux juste qu'elle développe son personnage. Cela en dit probablement long sur le fait que Rarity est mon poney Mane Six préféré, mais Pipp se trouve actuellement au bas de la nouvelle distribution pour moi. Cela pourrait être sujet à changement car je ne suis pas encore assez passionné par les acteurs de la crinière pour établir un quelconque classement dans la pierre, mais en partant de ce que je ressens jusqu'à présent, il semble probable que mon préféré finira par être Izzy ou Ensoleillé . Après réflexion, il me vient à l'esprit que, bien que les deux personnages s'occupent de leur réputation et se fassent un nom, Rarity y est parvenu au cours de FiM tandis que Pipp est essentiellement né une star du fait d'être une princesse. Bien sûr, Pipp est évidemment sous pression constante pour maintenir sa réputation, mais elle a eu la vedette.  

Honnêtement, j'espère que Pipp est développé d'une manière différente de Rarity. Elle a déjà commencé au sommet, mais vous avez raison de dire que ce n'est peut-être pas tout ce qu'on prétend être et qu'il pourrait y avoir des choses qu'elle n'aime pas dans le fait d'être une royale. Il y a certainement un énorme potentiel de commentaires sur la culture des médias sociaux qui pourraient être bénéfiques pour les jeunes à voir/entendre, donc ça pourrait être génial aussi. D'abord et avant tout, je veux juste que Pipp soit un personnage intéressant, avec tout le monde, si je vais passer du temps à la regarder, elle et les autres.  

I agree with you, Pipp can make you think of Rarity on some aspect, what happened to make you not appreciate the development of Rarity in the series? 

I hope that she will be developed I find it interesting, because I think surely she did not want this life, also the bad comments that she receives and especially the fact of being too dependent on social networks, more distinguished the real life, would she have trouble to be sociable, especially that basically she was not in the adventure, so many questions and eager to see

On 05/12/2021 at 16:35, Radiant Reindeer said:

Voyons, je pense que le film faisait allusion à une certaine tension entre les membres de la famille royale, alors peut-être pourrions-nous voir cela se développer davantage. De plus, il y a aussi le fait que Pipp utilise les médias sociaux, donc ce serait intéressant de voir où ils vont avec ça.

I totally agree, I think their relationship is tense, between Zipp the rebel who surely doesn't want to be queen, and the queen who is how to say a little too much behind her daughters to have a good image, and Pipp the little starlet to his mom, I think their family history can be interesting, and yes I also wonder what Pipp is going to show to his social networks, I think there are so many things different😉

On 05/12/2021 at 20:44, Splashee said:

Plus de cette voix pop étrange "sexy" :Thorax:(comme s'ils pouvaient se le permettre pour le spectacle)

You couldn't stand Pipp's voice? 😂

On 06/12/2021 at 23:53, EpicEnergy said:

Voici quelques choses auxquelles je peux penser par tête :

- explication dans l'univers de la raison pour laquelle ses ailes sont uniques

- histoire, comme comment elle est devenue une royauté et comment elle est devenue une icône des réseaux sociaux très populaire

- plus de sa personnalité

I agree, it's feathered wings like that, I had read that she liked frilly dresses before, yes how did she become so popular and why, so many questions and can't wait to have answers and for her personality too, I want to know more

4 hours ago, Vivooush said:

I agree with you, Pipp can make you think of Rarity on some aspect, what happened to make you not appreciate the development of Rarity in the series? 

I hope that she will be developed I find it interesting, because I think surely she did not want this life, also the bad comments that she receives and especially the fact of being too dependent on social networks, more distinguished the real life, would she have trouble to be sociable, especially that basically she was not in the adventure, so many questions and eager to see

I do appreciate the development Rarity had in the series.  That's my point.  I think you may have been thrown off by me saying that I don't want Pipp to be developed along the exact same lines as Rarity, but to quote Applejack, "Good things are even better when they're a Rarity".  I'm all for current characters containing traits of past ones as tributes, but I also want these current characters to be distinct and unique in their own way, for more reasons than one.  Pipp certainly has things that set her apart, and I hope the writing leans into those things going forward.  

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, just more development. I know everyone has been drawing comparisons to Rarity, so I want Pipp to be unique enough to the point where she isn't considered the Rarity of G5. If that makes any sense.

• Brohoof 1