Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Seventh Element 1 x 1 with Starforce

Ragland Tiger

(edited)

@Starlight

Bluebell didn't even realize that she could move so fast, fighting to dodge the timber wolves' teeth and claws.   The wolves then surrounded her and got ready to pounce.  Just as they all leapt at her, Bluebell's horn flashed and she vanished.  The wolves collided with each other.  Bluebell reappeared outside the tangled pile of timber wolves, and her horn launched a tremendous ball of fire at them.  When it was over, all that was left of the wolves was a pile of smouldering ashes.  The spell had exhausted her, but she was relieved.  She retrieved her cart of supplies, and tried to continue her search.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri was still frantic but had see Bluebell's display of power. Oh, how she wished to have a horn! Those unicorns and their magic is so disgusting, that they have it all to themselves! Perhaps Suri could have something like that one day. But still she knew that she was likely stronger than what Bluebell was, if that was any consolation. It wasn't really, to be honest. They were now out into the field with no more forest surrounding them so there was no chance of timberwolves. The field was so vast and expansive that it was almost daunting, Suri found herself contemplating her decisions upon looking out into the field. She honestly felt conflicted.

On 2022-01-22 at 11:41 PM, Suri Polomare said:

The field was so vast and expansive that it was almost daunting, Suri found herself contemplating her decisions upon looking out into the field. She honestly felt conflicted.

When Bluebell caught up with Suri, she said, "Whew!  Tha-that took a l-l-lot out of m-me."  She drew in several deep breaths.  "C-c-c-an we rest for a-a bit?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri panted and looked on over to Bluebell and nodded. She looks to Bluebell, before glancing up at the clear blue sky. The forest was way off in the distance by this point. "I find that if all of this is a ruse I will not be pleased, so let's just hope this is worth it..." she narrowed her eyes. 

@ArbiterofFates

Bluebell pulled out her note book, and started charting where they  were.  She then took out a map she had drawn from her lengthy research, and studied it carefully.  "If-if my cal-calculations are correct, wh-wh-wh-what we're look-looking for is--"  She pointed deep into the distance of the plain.   "--that w-way."   She could only hope that she was right.

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri wearily nodded. Now that they had rested somewhat she would stand up and slowly begin to walk that way. "I don't suppose you've heard of the Great Crater, have you? Well, you're about to." she spoke. In the distance they could see a large impact basin approaching, with a ridge of sorts surrounding it. It was very large, larger than the entire horizon. It was ancient. 

(edited)

@Starforce

"S-sweet s-s-s-Celestia!" Bluebell gasped, but then, as she stared at the crater, she had a thought that made a smile creep it's way on to her face.  "If you-you wanted to hi-hide an ele-element of harmony in some b-b-barren field, where would you-you hide it?"  Her eyes shifted over to Suri, and then back, and started making her way towards the massive crater.  "W-w-well, are y-you coming or n-not?" she teased.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri looks out into the crater aimlessly, there was no current way down into the crater because of how steep it was from this angle. "Well, can't really say I want to jump down in there, now really? I don't think either of us can get down into it, it looks pretty barren too." she remarked looking down into it aimlessly, fascinated by it. "Likely an impact crater from thousands of years ago."

@Starforce

While she listened to Suri, Bluebell walked to the edge of the crater, and tested the ground to see how firm it was.  She went to her cart, and pulled out a bag with stakes inside. She started carefully placing them, and driving them into the ground.  She caught Suri looking at her from the corner of her eye while she pulled two long, heavy ropes from the cart, and secured them to the stakes.  She then went and got a couple of harnesses, and gave one to Suri. "H-here, put th-this on," she said.  Seeing the dumbfounded look on Suri's face, she then said, "You di-didn't think I ca-ca-came all this w-way unprepared, did-did you?"  She patiently explained to Suri how to properly repel.   In her extensive travels, she had learned things like rock climbing cave exploring.  "N-n-now, don't wo-worry.  We'll go together.  I'll ca-catch you in a levitation sp-sp-spell if any-anything h-h-happens. Just take your t-time."  She threaded the ropes through the carbiners on the harnesses.  "Let's g-get going."

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri looked bewildered at what Bluebell was doing before looking down into the crater. "You seriously mean to tell me that we can simply repel and rope down into it? Then we'd have to crawl up from the other side on the other end! You don't know what you are doing. We can simply go around this crater, it's far safer than risking our lives! Your ropes probably aren't even long enough!" Suri shouted, offended by the idea of going down into the crater like that. It seemed that her nasty side was showing there, but it was also on part from her fear of falling down into the crater or Bluebell doing something to betray her. "I've trusted you this far, but my trust has its limits." her eyes narrowed.

(edited)

@Starforce

"R-r-relax. We're ju-just going to-to have a look insi-inside to see if we c-c-can at least f-find a clue, and then we'll p-pull ourselves back up.  It's a st-steep grade, but it has a shallow floor.  I've gone d-d-down holes w-way deeper than th-this. You can st-stay up here if you want, but I p-pr-promise you, I will do every-everything in my power to k-k-keep you safe.  You can count on that."

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri narrowed her eyes more and sighed. "You think there could anything down there? I'd say there isn't. Look. It's barren, there isn't a sign of life down there. It's just all rock and stone." she sighed. "But like I said, I'd prefer we just go around. But you know what? It's your life to throw away. You can do what you wish." Suri snorted.

• 2 weeks later...

@Starforce

Bluebell nodded, and then turned and descended into the crater, disappearing from view.   About an hour later, The ground started rumbling beneath Suri's feet.  A deep, booming sound, like that of a runaway train, and a huge cloud of dust, rose from the crater.  After the sound and the dust abated, a hoof appeared form edge of the crater, and then, another.  Bluebell pulled herself out, stood up and promptly shook off all the dust and sand covering her.   "Th-th-that was a c-close one," she said.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri stood there and waited for her to come back up. Part of her feared the worst to say the least - not that she would admit such a thing, of course. Suri glares at her disapprovingly. "You knew what you were getting into. It's a shame you are so willing to risk it all for some...legend." her eyes narrowed but shrugged it off, continuing along. 

@Starforce

Bluebell smiled.  "W-well I did fi-find something," she said.  She reached into her harness and pulled out a stone jar.  "I f-found it sticking up form the gr-gr-ground.  When I pul-pulled it out-out, the ground started co-collapsing, so I h-h-h-hightailed it out."

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri quickly grabbed the jar and looked inside of it quickly. "I don't know how you would be able to find a jar like that. Hmph." she spoke, but inwardly was deeply impressed with Bluebell's retrieval of the Jar. "Let's see what it is..." she spoke, taking whatever was contained inside of it out. 

@Ragland Tiger

Suri looks at the scroll and looks at it curiously. Whatever it is, it certainly looked like some form of ancient language. "Hmm. Fascinating. That just goes to show you that this place has more knowledge than either of us thought. Who knows what was here before, long long ago. I don't know. I am not from this area, so I have no clue."