Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long have you been with my little pony?

phantompone1148

How long have you been with my little pony?  

28 users have voted

1. 1. How long have you been with MLP?

• Since G1
    • Since G2
    • Since G3
    • Since G4
    • Since G5/Now

I’ve been officially with it since the second season of MLP:FiM.  In fact, I just passed the 10 year mark as a fan as noted here:  

But in some ways I’ve followed the franchise since the 1980s.  I was a big fan of the Hasbro and Sunbow produced cartoons of the time, primarily Transformers and GI Joe.  But I occasionally watched Jem and MLP as well.  My Little Pony Tales had a small but dedicated following in the early 90s and I watched a number of those episodes as well.  

For my vote, I selected G4 as that’s when I was all-in as a fan.  But a case could be made that I’ve been involved since the beginning.  

• Brohoof 4

I wasn't really invested in the third generation of my little pony although that was what I first watched of the show. Did get invested in the early days of the fourth generation. The other generations are you know their own, I mean the fourth generation is popular for a reason haha.

• Brohoof 1

I remember seeing (in the corner of my eye) my dad's girlfriend's daughter watching an MLP movie on VHS when I was little, and also playing with the toys, which I might have brushed using the original comb :please:

This might have been wrong back in the days. But I don't care! MLP forever :yay:

• Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...

For TV shows, I watched My Little Pony Tales, 3 years after its release, since it broadcast on public TV here during a Christmas break. Not going to say the year, but you can calculate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

G4. But I think I was around when G1 was airing. I saw an episode of G1 once while at Centre Parks, had things been different I might have been a fan since then.

I think I first got into G4 not long after the first Equestria Girls film came out. As I recall I was browsing Youtube and came across a short film made by some pony fans, crossing FIM with Poke'mon. It might have also been a clip from CollegeHumour, making fun of bronies.

I had heard of the show in a very vague way, it popping up rarely in other media I frequented and I didn't think much of it. But out of curiosity I looked it up on Youtube and saw the barn building song. At first it seemed to me to me to be a show for little kids, teaching them how to count. But something compelled me to start watching the show from the beginning. Although at first it seemed a typical and predicable kid's show, something about it spoke to me. 

The scathing way bronies were portrayed by CollegeHumour disgusted me so much I was worried what people would think of me if they found out. But I rose above it and I've been a proud brony ever since.