Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Impatient on G5 updates

Vivooush

Hey

I'm the only one who is impatient about the fact that we have no news or even speculation about generation 5, the movie came out in September, they should have released the cartoon in November or December, do you have any news about when the series will be released? 

It seems like a long time and I really want to know what's next.

• Brohoof 4

10 hours ago, Vivooush said:

Hey

I'm the only one who is impatient about the fact that we have no news or even speculation about generation 5, the movie came out in September, they should have released the cartoon in November or December, do you have any news about when the series will be released? 

It seems like a long time and I really want to know what's next.

i feel the same 

• Brohoof 1

They basically waited to give any information out until the Movie came out, and they will probably do the same thing for the TV-series. I have no idea why that is effective for them in terms of advertising, but it seems to be how they do things. Maybe they are afraid the fandom will manipulate their characters if they give out too much before the actual Copyrighted material can be shown to the public.

With too many pony fans, there is a probability that one will come up with an equal story/character/idea to the yet unreleased TV-series but they will have the first release date :nom: I don't think Hasbro would like losing money that way :derp: We fans are very creative and resourceful!

• Brohoof 4

I usually do not get hyped up and inpatient about TV shows or whatever.  I remember when I was waiting for Nanoha movies to be realeased. It pretty much amounted to "Hmm, is it out yet? Looks like no, OK" some time passes "Hmm... is it out yet? Oh yeah, looks like it was released 3 months ago, awesome!"

• Brohoof 2

I'd much rather them not rush. A 44-minute "mini-movie" special will be out in May and it'll be the equivalent of about two episodes so it'll be a bit more content to tie us over before the full series is out in September. That's fine by me. FIM has been over for two years so I'm fine with long waits for new content.

• Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to Impatient on G5 updates

With the pandemic a lot of things have slowed down to a crawl. This even includes cartoons as those take quite a bit of time to make. My advice is to just be patient and wait for something to be revealed. There's no need to want it right now and having it be a terrible show with no redeeming qualities.

• Brohoof 2

Well, shoot---I think the reason we're not seeing so much speculation is because the movie tied up a lot of loose ends in terms of the characters' motivations and needs: 

• Hitch got his job back and successfully brought Sunny home
  • Sunny wanted to unite the three tribes again, and she did---and became an alicorn in the process, which she didn't even aim for in the first place (which is likely part of the reason she became an alicorn)
  • Zipp, Pipp, and Queen Haven were once again respected by the Pegasus community and got their previous lives back---we assume
  • Izzy made a friend and got magic back

So...it's hard to think what to speculate about, other than what tie-ins with G-4 we'll see in the series, and...to be honest, G-5 can't survive solely off of tying into G-4; it needs to be able to build its own lore, and we have no idea what kind of lore it'll build going forward.

• Brohoof 1

I read all your messages and I understand, I'll have to wait 😭, I really can't wait for the series to come out, but I think they shouldn't have released the movie so soon, but we'll have to wait